Plain Trouble on "Da Plains" (all AU posts here) - old

Status
Not open for further replies.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Re: Plain Trouble on "Da Plains"

Only one thing I would love more than the wheels falling off the auburn wagon..... for our wheels to start working right again. RTR!

I have no idea how our team will respond to this latest challenge. Hopefully they'll handle this adversity, grow together and benefit from it. One can hope. :)
We did last year and I am hopeful we will again this year.

Alabama22

1st Team
Aug 3, 2010
Alabama

Only one thing I would love more than the wheels falling off the auburn wagon..... for our wheels to start working right again. RTR!

I have no idea how our team will respond to this latest challenge. Hopefully they'll handle this adversity, grow together and benefit from it. One can hope. :)
I don't believe the season is lost by any means. Georgia will be a huge test, and we will know a lot after that game.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art

I don't believe the season is lost by any means. Georgia will be a huge test, and we will know a lot after that game.
I am not sure a lot of people realize how good the teams Alabama has played so far are.

Wisconsin has given up 3 points, total, in their other two games. Both Ole Miss and MTSU are top ten scoring teams, having put up 70+ in each of their other two games. For the record that comes out to be the #2 strength of schedule so far (#1 played Ole Miss as well, #3 is BYU who played Nebraska, Boise State, and UCLA). I believe all three of teams Alabama played so far will go to bowl games.

I think we know more about this Alabama team than we realize, they're very, very good and if they don't shoot themselves in the foot they can have most games wrapped up by the third quarter, even against good teams.

PitMaster

Suspended
Aug 24, 2015

Speaking of rumors, and I do support the board policy, what is the trouble on "Da Plains"?
I laid down factual info, which perhaps you are not privy to, and much of it has already become obvious. That should deal with your insinuation.

As for your supposed question - if you cannot see, then perhaps you will experience, at some point, a reversal of Paul on the road to Damascus

PitMaster

Suspended
Aug 24, 2015

Without the two miraculous wins over Georgia and Alabama the national perception of Malzahn and AU's program would be entirely different.
This post deserves some special recognition, as it is spot on

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California

I am not sure a lot of people realize how good the teams Alabama has played so far are.

Wisconsin has given up 3 points, total, in their other two games. Both Ole Miss and MTSU are top ten scoring teams, having put up 70+ in each of their other two games. For the record that comes out to be the #2 strength of schedule so far (#1 played Ole Miss as well, #3 is BYU who played Nebraska, Boise State, and UCLA). I believe all three of teams Alabama played so far will go to bowl games.

I think we know more about this Alabama team than we realize, they're very, very good and if they don't shoot themselves in the foot they can have most games wrapped up by the third quarter, even against good teams.
Krazy, great post as usual.

CoachJeff

Suspended
Jan 21, 2014
Shelby County Alabama

LSU is overrated. Everybody looks good when there's no tape on you. MSU had nothing to go on...and but for a boneheaded penalty that took them out of FG range, they would have beaten LSU. Edit: that's assuming that their place kicker is better than ours.

I got AU winning this game by 2 TDs
Bad call on that one.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL

If the Barn goes back to running the football, I think they beat Hail State. That said, Gus may want to prove he is the QB guru and have White throw 40-50 times.

I know one thing. If they lose this week, those folks will have a "come apart". Most were already buying their tickets to Atlanta.

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011

Great post.
If we get by Georgia.....look out!

derek4tide

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2005
Daphne, AL

Still trying to figure out what big surprise was supposed to happen Saturday at Jerking Hair stadium. Duke played, Opie White was at QB and Rock still isn't a factor. Oh, and JJ's Heisman march is still on hold.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

Still trying to figure out what big surprise was supposed to happen Saturday at Jerking Hair stadium. Duke played, Opie White was at QB and Rock still isn't a factor. Oh, and JJ's Heisman march is still on hold.
they ran jj out on one play, then pulled him after state called a t.o. then they subsequently fumbled the snap on 3 and goal from the 2 and had to kick the field goal. it was freaking hilarious.

that sand lot crap can make you look like an offensive "genius" when you've got a big dog team on their heels. but it can also make you look desperate and clueless. im guessing desperate and clueless will be the norm for the barn the rest of the season.

im picking san jose state in the upset

derek4tide

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2005
Daphne, AL

they ran jj out on one play, then pulled him after state called a t.o. then they subsequently fumbled the snap on 3 and goal from the 2 and had to kick the field goal. it was freaking hilarious.

that sand lot crap can make you look like an offensive "genius" when you've got a big dog team on their heels. but it can also make you look desperate and clueless. im guessing desperate and clueless will be the norm for the barn the rest of the season.

im picking san jose state in the upset
It was indeed, funny. But I was waiting for some big surprise that others on here alluded to and it didn't happen....at least I didn't see anything out of the norm. Gus still ran his HS offense and Muschamp's D looked as bad as UF did last year under him.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

It was indeed, funny. But I was waiting for some big surprise that others on here alluded to and it didn't happen....at least I didn't see anything out of the norm. Gus still ran his HS offense and Muschamp's D looked as bad as UF did last year under him.
yeah, i couldn't figure out anything either. maybe the big surprise was supposed to be showing an auburn td on the new jumbotraun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.