Plain Trouble on "Da Plains" (all AU posts here) - old

Status
Not open for further replies.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Re: Plain Trouble on "Da Plains" (all AU posts here)

Any of yall see the "highlights" video going around on Facebook of the Barn's softball win last night? It shows their comeback from being down 7-0 to winning with a walk off grand slam to win 11-7. Big win, no doubt.

However, the "highlights" show Jay Jacobs, Gus. M. and Bruce P. celebrating up in the stands as much as it shows the girls making the plays.

I'm sure I'd feel slightly different if this were our AD, football and basketball coach, but it also was kinda cheesy, especially how the highlight video was as much as them as the girls softball team.

FWIW, while Gus was up there watching girls softball, CNS got verbals from a couple of blue chippers. :wink:
I am sure when they showed Stoops out there Jacobs decided to load the plane and bring everybody out. ESPN is stealing the spotlight some from the girls.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010

Any of yall see the "highlights" video going around on Facebook of the Barn's softball win last night? It shows their comeback from being down 7-0 to winning with a walk off grand slam to win 11-7. Big win, no doubt.

However, the "highlights" show Jay Jacobs, Gus. M. and Bruce P. celebrating up in the stands as much as it shows the girls making the plays.

I'm sure I'd feel slightly different if this were our AD, football and basketball coach, but it also was kinda cheesy, especially how the highlight video was as much as them as the girls softball team.

FWIW, while Gus was up there watching girls softball, CNS got verbals from a couple of blue chippers. :wink:
The awbern highlight video guy has the toughest job in the world... :cool2:

tide96

All-SEC
Oct 4, 2005

Eh, Avery Johnson goes to other sports games. I think most people see that as a positive thing.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

Eh, Avery Johnson goes to other sports games. I think most people see that as a positive thing.
I get that...it was the amount of time they showed the 3 stooges celebrating that I thought was ridiculous. So they were there? OK, but the video was as much about them as the softball team, which is the part I'm questioning.

Basically, it was very "auburnish" IMO.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

That was great SJC. The family takes care of each other even if it is totally wrong and illogical.

MBA_99

1st Team
Jan 11, 2010
A, A

ouch!!!! :biggrin:
Gus is smiling because he knows all the recruiting stuff that's gone on. Somehow instead of being paid to retire and shut up, he's being paid to coach and shut up. He must know worse stuff than some past coaches.

MobileCrimson

1st Team
Feb 27, 2014

Gus is smiling because he knows all the recruiting stuff that's gone on. Somehow instead of being paid to retire and shut up, he's being paid to coach and shut up. He must know worse stuff than some past coaches.
Talk about a bad ROI. I hope they don't cut their loses.

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL

if they want to rename it because of the scandal then fine - but pick a better role model from there (and someone who was actually on campus longer than a year). Even if they want to make it sports themed - go with Jackson or Barkley.
Thought I heard during the trial that Mike Hubbard helped Bo win the Heisman?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.