Plain Trouble on "Da Plains" (all AU posts here) - old

Status
Not open for further replies.

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
Re: Plain Trouble on "Da Plains" (all AU posts here)

It's been nice blowing out two straight SEC opponents.
I really can't believe how bad miss st is this year. Not to take anything away from your victory. its just, DANG, they lost to Kentucky!? I know teams depend on their qb, but without Prescott, I don't know where they go from here

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.

I really can't believe how bad miss st is this year. Not to take anything away from your victory. its just, DANG, they lost to Kentucky!? I know teams depend on their qb, but without Prescott, I don't know where they go from here
They've reverted to type. Mullen should have gotten out while the getting was good.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012

So did LSU fire Les Miles for losing to a couple of top ranked teams away from home (Wisconsin at Lambeau and @ AU)?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006

all this talk about auburn turning the corner and perhaps playing spoiler in the SECW race then I go read Jess N SEC predictions for the coming weekend. what do you know, he has Arkansas beating the mighty barnyard. :eek2:
That proved to be a terrible pick! 😂

An AU buddy had to remind me that BAMA has only defeated Auburn 3 straight years once since 1982. Worse, the game is going to decide the SEC West and thereby determine who wins the SEC and makes the CFP.

I personally think BAMA will win by at least 2 TD's but, since the LSU win and Gus giving up play calling, the Barn has looked impressive and the Iron Bowl is likely to be our toughest game....

12Namath12

Suspended
Sep 24, 2016
Birmingham

I'm not worried about Auburn. Just run the ball down all our opponents throats and play our supreme D and we will be OK.

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007

That proved to be a terrible pick! 😂

An AU buddy had to remind me that BAMA has only defeated Auburn 3 straight years once since 1982. Worse, the game is going to decide the SEC West and thereby determine who wins the SEC and makes the CFP.

I personally think BAMA will win by at least 2 TD's but, since the LSU win and Gus giving up play calling, the Barn has looked impressive and the Iron Bowl is likely to be our toughest game....
You could have retorted that AU has done it twice. '82 - hmm, that was after Bama had won 9 in a row. Since the series was resumed Bama is 40-28. Bama has won 6 of the last 8, with AU's 2 wins being by 2 of the top 3 or 5 teams in program history and needing a great deal of "good fortune". It could easily be 8 in a row. Some Bama fans resent that AU has won those 2 games, but think about AU who has had 2 of the greatest teams in program history in the past 6 years and they are almost an afterthought because of Bama's massive shadow. AU has been reduced to arguing with other SEC fans that they haven't lost to Bama as much as most other programs. They are struggling just to remain relevant. They appear to have a good team, but remember that there has only been 3 upsets in this series that have been as great as this one would be: AU in 1949 & 1972, Bama in 1984. And the '72 AU team was 9-1, ranked in the top 10 and was still a 16 point dog. Anything can happen but the favorite in this series usually wins and a big favorite almost always wins - 65 of 68. It's a myth that you can throw out the records when these two play.

IMO, LSU will be the toughest, but AU will not be the cakewalk that it appeared to be earlier. I still can't believe that AU's D is playing well with Steele as the DC. I thought they would slowly deteriorate.

Last edited:

Clubfitter

Hall of Fame
Feb 21, 2009
Meridianville, Al
www.amtrustwebsite.com

I'm not worried about Auburn. Just run the ball down all our opponents throats and play our supreme D and we will be OK.
Agree. Think Auburn has surprised a lot of people, including me. I think we have superior talent and will win. Should we take Auburn lightly, absolutely not. We will need to show up ready to play and willing to not save anything for the SEC Championship if need be.

Heck, both are going to be tough. They've shown up and let everyone know that. After listening to Brent "Mustangberger" last night LSU is going to win it all.

"Aubren" is dangerous because they are playing good on both sides of the ball. I don't think they could beat A&M again, but they have that luck that drives grown men insane.

Sent from my iPhone 7 Plus [emoji336] using Tapatalk

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006

Heck, both are going to be tough. They've shown up and let everyone know that. After listening to Brent "Mustangberger" last night LSU is going to win it all.

"Aubren" is dangerous because they are playing good on both sides of the ball. I don't think they could beat A&M again, but they have that luck that drives grown men insane.

Sent from my iPhone 7 Plus [emoji336] using Tapatalk
I don't see LSU being that tough.... They will be lucky to score 10 points. Still have no QB so we can stack 8 in the box and dare them to go deep. Allen/Williams will have at least 5 sacks between them.

I don't see LSU being that tough.... They will be lucky to score 10 points. Still have no QB so we can stack 8 in the box and dare them to go deep. Allen/Williams will have at least 5 sacks between them.
How many will Anderson and Payne have?

Sent from my iPad Pro 12.9" using Tapatalk Roll Tide!

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006

How many will Anderson and Payne have?

Sent from my iPad Pro 12.9" using Tapatalk Roll Tide!
When we shut down the run and jump up by 2 or 3 scores and they are forced to pass, the number of sacks will be unlimited. Could challenge TCU's record 15 VS Nevada in 2000.

Last edited:

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.

So we told the girls earlier today and now Jillian insists on nursing her momma. Bringing her food and drinks, took a cupcake from her (told her not good for the baby) and swapped it with an apple, won't let her stand up and keeps asking her if she needs anything. Now we're trying to talk her out of bringing mommy carrots and she's talking about how her cat, Clover, will be the baby's too. Pretty cute.

ETA: And she told the baby night night. Too cute.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.