Plain Trouble on "Da Plains" (all AU posts here) - old

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!
Status
Not open for further replies.

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
Re: Plain Trouble on "Da Plains" (all AU posts here)

Reading their boards, I see posts about life perspective and downsizing the importance of football, etc... ;)
Lacrosse's the new emphasis - Malzswoon's tinker toy offense is a perfect fit for a sport whose shorthand acronym, LAX, is a perfect fit for the rebranding of West Georgia Cow College as All-Bran U. to help get the athletic department out of hock...

Elefantman

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2007
R Can Saw

Reading their boards, I see posts about life perspective and downsizing the importance of football, etc... ;)
They are putting more emphasis on player education and it shows.

Here are your rankings in order of graduation rate, via ABC27.com.

1. Stanford – 99%
2. Notre Dame – 93%
3. UCLA – 89%
4. Alabama – 86%
5. TCU – 84%
6. Clemson – 84%
7. Temple – 82%
8. Ohio State – 82%
9. Florida – 78%
10. Baylor – 74%
11. Texas A&M – 74%
12. Toledo – 73%
13. Florida State – 73%
14. Memphis – 72%
15. Mississippi State – 72%
16. Michigan – 72%
17. Iowa – 71%
18. LSU – 70%
19. Utah – 69%
20. Michigan State – 66%
21. Oklahoma – 65%
22. North Carolina – 62%
23. Ole Miss – 60%
24. Houston – 56%

25. Oklahoma State – 54%

Cruiser

All-American
Sep 24, 2015

Where are the "other teams receiving votes" ??

Alabama22

1st Team
Aug 3, 2010
Alabama

They could easily start 1-3 with losses to Clemson, LSU and TAMU.

If so, their season is over in terms of the SEC and National picture.

Only thing they'd have left to shoot for is upsetting Bama, which is probably the only thing that saves 'ole Gus' job.
Wouldn't hurt my feelings if that bunch of knuckleheads finished 0-12 EVERY season!!!

dtgreg

All-American
Jul 24, 2000
Tuscaloosa
www.electricmonkeywrench.com

Latest speculation I've heard is Art Briles (believe it!) is ready to move right in if the Gus Bus gets T-boned at the train crossing that is their schedule this year. Wonder if Sankey would really let this happen?

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Kevin Steele showing why Nick Saban doesn't let his assistants talk to the media on a weekly basis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

Kevin Steele showing why Nick Saban doesn't let his assistants talk to the media on a weekly basis.

So the Barn's offense needs 50+ points to probably win the game seeing as Clemson scored 40 on us and you know the Barn's defense, even if improved, won't be close to what ours was.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

Yeah, we probably thought "yeah, we see this offense 3-4 times a year" heading into the CFPCG then we saw a Deshaun Watson. Its a different beast when you have that rare quarterback who is so immensely talented that he could run it 20+ times a game and still be a lethal quarterback but instead he just keeps that in his back pocket until he absolutely needs it. You have to defend him as a legitimate top NFL draft pick QB but he has the wheels to burn you like Nick Marshall. They should know the difference having seen this offense with Cam Newton and without it. Except I'm pretty sure that Watson is further along as a passer than Newton was in 2010.

CrimsonPassion

1st Team
Jun 6, 2009
Attalla, AL

Latest speculation I've heard is Art Briles (believe it!) is ready to move right in if the Gus Bus gets T-boned at the train crossing that is their schedule this year. Wonder if Sankey would really let this happen?
I'm not surprised to hear that at all. I figured they would try to bring in either Briles or Bobby Petrino to replace Gus. Either one would fit in perfectly with that pack of head cases.

Elefantman

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2007
R Can Saw

And Napoleon was overheard saying that Waterloo wasn't that far from home, so that's a plus.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010

I'm not surprised to hear that at all. I figured they would try to bring in either Briles or Bobby Petrino to replace Gus. Either one would fit in perfectly with that pack of head cases.
The only coaches that would be interested in going to that cesspool of a program would be the ones that are of questionable character or already indoctrinated into the way Pat Dye runs things down there.

Thus the reason why Jacobs has had a hard time getting any interest from quality coaches... :cool2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.