Plain Trouble on "Da Plains" (all AU posts here) - old

Status
Not open for further replies.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Re: Plain Trouble on "Da Plains" (all AU posts here)

If I was a betting man, I'd lay some money down that his 110% commitment to the Barn changes before he signs on the dotted line.

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.

There's one thing we know about this kid. Even if he isn't Cam part II and if he doesn't actually win the Heisman, he will get a poster along with Jeremy Johnson for being mentioned by Gus as possible Heisman finalist.That's quiet a honor for any kid who wants to be a QB down on the farm.

Last edited:

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010

There's one thing we know about this kid. Even if he isn't Cam part II and if he doesn't actually win the Heisman, he will get a poster along with Jeremy Johnson for being a mentioned by Gus as possible Heisman finalist.That's quiet a honor for any kid who wants to be a QB down on the farm.
Does Jeremy Johnson qualify for a statue? Better yet...a Bust? :cool2:

ddsmit

Suspended
Jan 3, 2003
Pensacola, FL

Have you noticed that when they start losing in football they change to a institution of higher learning all of a sudden? Now it doesn't matter if the FB team tanks, that's not what they are about anyway.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010

They cheat on the APR scores as well...:cool2:

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL

Looks like Ricardo just lost his "standing invitation" to the Wednesday night alumni Bible Study and possum kicking contest...

tidebanker

1st Team
Oct 10, 2002
Hoover, AL USA

His comments are treasonous to those in the barn cult. Bama must be cheating to do what they are doing according to Itat. But if one of their players confirms player development is different, then there are legitimate reasons for Bama success. And that just doesn't jive with the blind hatred crowd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

His comments are treasonous to those in the barn cult. Bama must be cheating to do what they are doing according to Itat. But if one of their players confirms player development is different, then there are legitimate reasons for Bama success. And that just doesn't jive with the blind hatred crowd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They'll spin his comments to be about Dameyune Craig and claim it's a good thing he's gone.

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.

Meh. Treason? That's stupid. Now, Ricardo caused us a lot of grief over the course of his career for his stone hands but he'll get free drinks until the end of his days because of his role in 2013.

But I actually agree. Gus runs a simple scheme that from a developmental standpoint is reminiscent of the 80's option teams. It's not a pro-style offense in any respect.

That's not to say Auburn players would be incapable of being good pros, but they won't be acclimated to the verbiage, schematics or various other complexities of the NFL game. We don't care that much because when he has the right tools in place, he runs one of the most dominant offenses in the country.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010

I blame Gus for asking him to coach a position different from what he usually coached. Craig should have been coaching QBs. Obvious we brought him in for his recruiting and not much else.
Agreed!

tidebanker

1st Team
Oct 10, 2002
Hoover, AL USA

Meh. Treason? That's stupid..
I know you don't go over their Dub but the posts on Itat freak me out that I have to read it. The word treason fits that crowd in my opinion. Those folks think Bama hacked Tunsil's Twitter to deflect the Davis firing....I mean resignation.

I do agree with you, it is stupid.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012

Meh. Treason? That's stupid. Now, Ricardo caused us a lot of grief over the course of his career for his stone hands but he'll get free drinks until the end of his days because of his role in 2013.

But I actually agree. Gus runs a simple scheme that from a developmental standpoint is reminiscent of the 80's option teams. It's not a pro-style offense in any respect.

That's not to say Auburn players would be incapable of being good pros, but they won't be acclimated to the verbiage, schematics or various other complexities of the NFL game. We don't care that much because when he has a once in a generation freak athlete at QB, he runs one of the most dominant offenses in the country.
FIFY

Status
Not open for further replies.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.