Plain Trouble on "Da Plains" (all AU posts here) - old

Status
Not open for further replies.

PitMaster

Suspended
Aug 24, 2015
This team has drastically underachieved so far - not that they were true playoff contenders to begin with

But I have reason to believe there is some friction on the defense staff, caused by the huge contract afforded Will, by a University that posted a deficit last year in athletics and had to rely on SEC Network money to bail them out.

AND Then addressed the issues by futuring out to buy the "Largest Vizeo Board" in the nation.

I think there is friction on the staff, that the defensive players are not buying into the whole "Coach Boom" thing, and they all are finding out life without the elusive Nick "The Quick" Marshall directing the read option is not all that great. The new qb is not a guy that wants to get hit, and has speed, but not the quickness and decisive moves his predecessor possessed

AND - there is the "Duke Factor"

Their spring game mvp at the WR position, with something like 8 catches, 125 yards and a TD or 2, left the team a few weeks ago, because of dismay at "The Duke" renegotiating his contact, getting a pass for much of 2 a days - and then miraculously working his way back to the first team for Louisville.

The guy that many called the best wr in the ncaa managed 2 catches for 22 yards against Jax State - while Ricardo Louis tallied 10 for 120, and it was Melvin Ray that was targeted for the game tying score to allow the farmers to avoid one of the most degrading losses in ncaa history.

Meanwhile, they seem loathe to announce that the guy who has produced and saved their butts two weeks in a row - RB Peyton Barber, is the starter? Maybe more "contractual issues" with a guy like Jovon Robinson?

And then consider how many transfers and true freshman are listed in their 2 deep, due to attrition and an increasing dependence on juco guys.

Bama may win the NC, though it is going to be very difficult. We may make the playoffs. BUT I feel INFINITELY better about OUR Team, Players, Coaches, and their direction and purpose, than what I would feel if I was an aub taking that group down to Baton Rouge, and then beyond...

dathbama

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 19, 2004
Ruckersville, VA
www.uvachurch.com
Re: Plain Trouble on "Da Plains"

I live in Auburn and have contact with some who claim to have "connections." It may not be worth anything, but it appears that the way Malzahn has handled Duke Williams has caused some trouble. I have heard that one player left the team because of this. Williams should not be on the team because of how he has handled himself in MANY areas. The failure to be consistent on discipline, in my opinion, is a major factor in this teams morale.

TideFan in AU

Hall of Fame

There have been some people here at the game that said there was some kind of altercation between Jovon Robinson and Gus on the sideline Saturday during the game. It was said that some other AU players more or less had to "pull Jovon off/away from Gus", in their words.

IDK if that is true, but the person it came from is a big time AU fan, and said to be was irate about. He said that he thinks this is 2012 all over again.

It all may be a great overreaction due to the slow start, but I can tell you that the ones I talk to aren't too optimistic about things right now. Gus better turn it around quick, because they are turning on him fast. I heard an old codger at my son's little league game tonight say that Gus was "just another danged Terry Bowden!" I have to admit that I snickered under my breath at that one! :)

PitMaster

Suspended
Aug 24, 2015

Myron Burton was the receiver that got fed up and left - and he would have really helped them this year imo

mikes12

All-American
Nov 10, 2005
Chattanooga, TN

One thing that stuck out to me while watching their game Saturday was the halftime sideline interview with Gus. She asked him about what they needed to change with the defense. His response was, "we just gotta do better on offense."

I don't think Gus has the mindset of a head coach. He's still stuck in OC mindset.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

If they don't do well this year, I think his seat is on hot seat toward the end of the year, and I think there is 60 to 80 percent that Gus will leave... There has been lot of talks about how he has been handling things and I wondered if he's really happy at Auburn...

rolltide7854

All-American
Aug 20, 2007
Birmingham, Ala

Would you been happy in that cesspool of a town with Pat "whisky breath" Dye still there?

If they don't do well this year, I think his seat is on hot seat toward the end of the year, and I think there is 60 to 80 percent that Gus will leave... There has been lot of talks about how he has been handling things and I wondered if he's really happy at Auburn...

CrimsonPassion

1st Team
Jun 6, 2009
Attalla, AL

Dye loves people who can beat Alabama. Once you stop beating Alabama the "review process" starts.
When the clock hit zero in the Iron Bowl last season, I told my father that, in some dark room on Auburn's campus, a meeting had just begun to start discussing Malzahn's replacement. I love how Bama has so much control over their actions. Beat them and their lives lose all meaning.:biggrin:

Capt. Jack

Suspended
Jun 20, 2006

Without the two miraculous wins over Georgia and Alabama the national perception of Malzahn and AU's program would be entirely different.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

One thing that stuck out to me while watching their game Saturday was the halftime sideline interview with Gus. She asked him about what they needed to change with the defense. His response was, "we just gotta do better on offense."

I don't think Gus has the mindset of a college head coach. He's still stuck in high school mindset.
fify ;)

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA

I don't have any connections but I can see for myself that Auburn sucks so far this year, which continues last years suckage. I don't know why that is but I agree it appears to be malcontent in the team. Coach Boom has been Coach Bust so far.

Moro Creek

All-SEC
Jan 21, 2014
Equine country

You guys must not have seen the article about the barn's "peerle$$" coaching staff. I'm sure the article was true since it was on the internet. That means Ole Gu$$y will get everything fixed.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

You guys must not have seen the article about the barn's "peerle$$" coaching staff. I'm sure the article was true since it was on the internet. That means Ole Gu$$y will get everything fixed.
the barn is having similar issues to georgia. in the end, it doesn't matter what coordinators or players you bring in, the problem is the head coach

capnfrog

All-American
Aug 17, 2002
Pell city, Al. U.S.A.

CGM in my opinion is all offense, just out score everyone. They done gave Ol Will the big head as the best DC of all time when the best DC is really a HC and Ol Will's mentor, just across the state in T Town and the DC at Bama ain't too shabby either. This saturday will answer a lot of questions but I thought at the beginning of CWM's hire that all the high hopes from the Barner fans might be a little premature. The barn is still a dangerous team that can beat you if you come half steppin. Sorta like a rattle snake with only one fang, Also, I wonder if CGM is feeling threatened by the hire of Muschamp. Geaux Tigers

Alabama22

1st Team
Aug 3, 2010
Alabama

Gee, I would hate to think the AU coaching staff might be dysfunctional.

Last edited:

derek4tide

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2005
Daphne, AL

I have noticed the "friction" between CGM and his staff and players by just watching their games. You see it as plain as day. If JJ doesn't improve soon, there will be a huge meltdown and Tammy will not be the only one mad as hell. LOL.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover

Meh, I think this is a wishful thinking thread. Truth is that the Barnies ran into a Jacksonville State Team with a chip on its shoulder and they came out flat last weekend. They will rebound against the corndogs. I look for them to take LSU down actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.