Plain Trouble on "Da Plains" (all AU posts here) - old

Status
Not open for further replies.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
Re: Plain Trouble on "Da Plains" (all AU posts here)

That is so damn sad. I know I should probably come up with something more creative to say, but all I can think is, sad, sad, sad.
I keep telling people that Alabama gives Auburn relevance. I point out that a lot of Auburn fans would prefer to see Alabama lose than to see Auburn win. If you want to be a champion you go to Alabama, if you don't like Alabama to go to Auburn. Truth is Alabama fans should care even less about Auburn than they do, but we care about them caring about us, heh.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA

I keep telling people that Alabama gives Auburn relevance. I point out that a lot of Auburn fans would prefer to see Alabama lose than to see Auburn win. If you want to be a champion you go to Alabama, if you don't like Alabama to go to Auburn. Truth is Alabama fans should care even less about Auburn than they do, but we care about them caring about us, heh.
I wish we did not play them. Ever. They live to upset us. Alabama can never get as mentally "up" as Auburn simple because that game means more to Auburn than it does to Bama. Alabama is their season. Auburn is not our season.

But since we do play them I LOVE TO HATE THEM. If Auburn ever gets the death penalty football will not be nearly as fun. Who else would I LOVE to hate as much as the goobers? I love to mock and make fun of them. If that means I make the relevant then so be it.

PitMaster

Suspended
Aug 24, 2015

. If Auburn ever gets the death penalty football will not be nearly as fun. Who else would I LOVE to hate as much as the goobers? I love to mock and make fun of them. If that means I make the relevant then so be it.
tennessee?

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa

I wish we did not play them. Ever. They live to upset us. Alabama can never get as mentally "up" as Auburn simple because that game means more to Auburn than it does to Bama. Alabama is their season. Auburn is not our season.

But since we do play them I LOVE TO HATE THEM. If Auburn ever gets the death penalty football will not be nearly as fun. Who else would I LOVE to hate as much as the goobers? I love to mock and make fun of them. If that means I make the relevant then so be it.
I see your point, but that's true of every team we play.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They also have Bama versions of these shirts. I can't believe stores actually put them out.

MOAN

All-American
Aug 30, 2010
Swearengin, Alabama, United States

That is so damn sad. I know I should probably come up with something more creative to say, but all I can think is, sad, sad, sad.
The last two times they beat Bama they did play for the national championship. I think even they know if they can beat Bama they are having a pretty great year!! ;)

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA

I see your point, but that's true of every team we play.
I am talking about "all in" when it comes to Bama. When Tubby was HC, for example, Aubie spent Georgia week preparing for Alabama. Georgia will take care of itself but we gotta beat Bama seemed to Tubby's motto. That is why Georgia upset Auburn so many times, IMO. Auburn's desire to beat Big Brother goes far beyond scheduling an open date before they play us and far beyond working in a coupe hours each week of Beat Bama practice during the month of November.

I think Aubie is ahead of Baylor is transfers, LOL.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010

As of this morning, awbern has 13 underclassmen that have transferred out since the end lf last season...:cool2:

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006

As of this morning, awbern has 13 underclassmen that have transferred out since the end lf last season...:cool2:
We'll continue to hear " We're young".

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

They'll always be our "little brother." Actually, they've embraced that fact and this is part of the reason they live to upset us.

I actually wish we played them earlier in the year because playing them takes alot of emotion so close to the SEC championship game and because they seem to start slower than us in most years. It would also give both teams some time to recover from a loss, but as of now (playing them last game of regular season), neither team (when having a good year) can typically afford to lose the IB and go to the SECCG or Playoff.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Per the article, 15 transfers this offseason so far? What's going on down there is west GA?
That's not what it said.

Thornton becomes the 13th player with eligibility remaining to leave Auburn's football team this offseason.
That number also includes a few players that left early for the NFL.

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012

...That number also includes a few players that left early for the NFL.
As "leaving early" goes, methinks it rather inherent that they leave their chances for the NFL behind the minute they sign to play for Malzoo'n...

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011

That's not what it said.

That number also includes a few players that left early for the NFL.
I think it was just 3 guys that tried the NFL early, so that's 10 that have left for other reasons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.