Plain Trouble on "Da Plains" (all AU posts here) - old

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdb-tpet

All-SEC
Sep 2, 2004
Re: Plain Trouble on "Da Plains" (all AU posts here)

That's not a good number, at all.
Without knowing how many scholarship players they have, I don't know if these transfers are putting them well under the 85 scholarship limit or not. Are these guys being "encouraged to leave"?

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

That's a good question.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk
If they signed over 20 players... 10 left with 3 going to NFL... and they just got that Baylor running back so I would think they would try and sign few more, but I would imagine they would be thin at some spot going into the fall.

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Plain Trouble on "Da Plains" (all AU posts here)

If they signed over 20 players... 10 left with 3 going to NFL... and they just got that Baylor running back so I would think they would try and sign few more, but I would imagine they would be thin at some spot going into the fall.
They had 15 seniors on the roster last year - so just basic math if everyone qualified they would be down 7 from last year.

Signed 21 including the RB from Baylor

Lost 28

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thin!? Lol Remember YOUNG!

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

Given the way things are shaking out, Makes me wonder if they can sustain the 2nd half grind, It's brutual schedule. Arkansas, Vandy, Georgia, and Alabama. Those are physical team. I don't see how they can survive with the roster they have. Another growing pain season for them.

CrimsonPassion

1st Team
Jun 6, 2009
Attalla, AL

Given the way things are shaking out, Makes me wonder if they can sustain the 2nd half grind, It's brutual schedule. Arkansas, Vandy, Georgia, and Alabama. Those are physical team. I don't see how they can survive with the roster they have. Another growing pain season for them.
...and Malzahn's last.:cool2:

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

Saw a boog discussion yesterday where one of their own was claiming that Auburn is not viewed nationally as a power team. The guy making the claim says he travels the lower 48 states with his job and that's his take on it based on discussions he has with people all over the country. He said it didn't help that Bama continues to have 11-12 win seasons and constantly win NCs too.

Of course, he was attacked by most on ITAT and they told him his comment wasn't scientific. In typical fashion one said he needed to get out the state and travel more.

Bottom line, they are a splintered group right now. About half of them are whistling past the grave yard and the rest are ready to bury Gus in it and start afresh.

And what a time it is to be a Bama fan and watch all of this from a safe distance! :BigA:

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL

Saw a boog discussion yesterday where one of their own was claiming that Auburn is not viewed nationally as a power team. The guy making the claim says he travels the lower 48 states with his job and that's his take on it based on discussions he has with people all over the country. He said it didn't help that Bama continues to have 11-12 win seasons and constantly win NCs too.

Of course, he was attacked by most on ITAT and they told him his comment wasn't scientific. In typical fashion one said he needed to get out the state and travel more.

Bottom line, they are a splintered group right now. About half of them are whistling past the grave yard and the rest are ready to bury Gus and start afresh.

And what a time it is to be a Bama fan and watch all of this from a safe distance!
No one with half a brain would ever consider the Barn a national power. They're not even a regional power. Technically they're not even the state power. Outside of Lee County, they're nothing.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa

...and Malzahn's last.:cool2:
How many games do you think Malzahn must win to avoid the axe? I think he needs at least 8 wins and not to get blown out in the four losses. If he gets blown out a few times and only wins 6 or 7, I think they will have another ex-coach on the payroll.

CrimSonami

All-American
Jul 17, 2011
Ardmore, AL; too close to 10erC

Bottom line, they are a splintered group right now. About half of them are whistling past the grave yard and the rest are ready to bury Gus in it and start afresh.

And what a time it is to be a Bama fan and watch all of this from a safe distance! :BigA:
Burying MooZahn won't matter if Pat Dye and Jay Jacobs are still steering the boat. Even if they find lightning in a bottle again (Re: Cam Newton) it won't endure. The entire program in Lee County is fragmented and the current administration has no clue how to put the pieces in the same box much less properly together.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Looking at Auburn's roster and scholarships...

2012 recruiting class
19 enrolled
10 left before fulfilling eligibility
3 players on 2016 roster

2013 recruiting class
23 enrolled
9 left before fulfilling eligibility
9 players on 2016 roster

2014 recruiting class

27 enrolled
9 left before fulfilling eligibility
Jakell Mitchell killed
16 players on 2016 roster

2015 recruiting class

28 enrolled
2 left before fulfilling eligibility
26 players on 2016 roster

2016 recruiting class
17 enrolled
4 signed letter of intent
1 on the way (Kameron Martin former Baylor commit)

Transfers
5 on the roster

Others
Former walk-on Aaron Garrison got scholarship

Assuming the four 2016 recruits waiting to enroll do so, I count Auburn having 82 scholarship players.

There are a few other players listed on the roster that could possibly be on scholarship. They aren't listed as recruits by 247, but they went to JUCO before going to Auburn.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

How many games do you think Malzahn must win to avoid the axe? I think he needs at least 8 wins and not to get blown out in the four losses. If he gets blown out a few times and only wins 6 or 7, I think they will have another ex-coach on the payroll.
I think he might need to win more than 8. And even if he loses four games to Clemson, LSU, Georgia and Bama, and get's embarrassed in a couple of them it might be enough.

Shoot, losing in the right fashion to Georgia and Alabama at the end of the season might be enough but as CrimSonami says, unless there's fundamental change down there it probably won't matter much who's herding the cattle (that was an intentional ag reference).:biggrin:

CrimsonPassion

1st Team
Jun 6, 2009
Attalla, AL

I agree, teamplayer. With eight wins, I daresay he might get another year. Seven wins and he's shown the door. Six wins and he's thrown out the door. Five or less and they tear the door off the hinges and throw it on top of him!!

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

I think he might need to win more than 8. And even if he loses four games to Clemson, LSU, Georgia and Bama, and get's embarrassed in a couple of them it might be enough.

Shoot, losing in the right fashion to Georgia and Alabama at the end of the season might be enough but as CrimSonami says, unless there's fundamental change down there it probably won't matter much who's herding the cattle (that was an intentional ag reference).:biggrin:
And Jay Jacob goes with him........

Alabama22

1st Team
Aug 3, 2010
Alabama

It's amusing, to say the least, watching and listening to the aubies. I'm married to one who was all about the "Gus Bus" when he arrived. Now, she wants him out of there.:biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.