Plain Trouble on "Da Plains" (all AU posts here) - old

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdb-tpet

All-SEC
Sep 2, 2004
Re: Plain Trouble on "Da Plains" (all AU posts here)

Looking at Auburn's roster and scholarships...

2012 recruiting class
19 enrolled
10 left before fulfilling eligibility
3 players on 2016 roster

2013 recruiting class
23 enrolled
9 left before fulfilling eligibility
9 players on 2016 roster

2014 recruiting class

27 enrolled
9 left before fulfilling eligibility
Jakell Mitchell killed
16 players on 2016 roster

2015 recruiting class

28 enrolled
2 left before fulfilling eligibility
26 players on 2016 roster

2016 recruiting class
17 enrolled
4 signed letter of intent
1 on the way (Kameron Martin former Baylor commit)

Transfers
5 on the roster

Others
Former walk-on Aaron Garrison got scholarship

Assuming the four 2016 recruits waiting to enroll do so, I count Auburn having 82 scholarship players.

There are a few other players listed on the roster that could possibly be on scholarship. They aren't listed as recruits by 247, but they went to JUCO before going to Auburn.
Thanks for this summary! It seems they were likely forcing some kids out to make room for the new recruits, but then a few more players left than they were expecting. I don't see them that thin or young honestly, unless I'm missing something. They do seem to be filling some of the missing 2016 recruits with Transfers though, maybe by design. The transfers probably help in the short term, but they hurt in the long term as your senior leadership will suffer in a few years.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Plain Trouble on "Da Plains" (all AU posts here)

Saw this posted elsewhere. These are recruiting letters that AU's allegedly sending out. [emoji15][emoji848]

Drewy26

1st Team
Aug 16, 2008
Montgomery, AL

Saw this posted elsewhere. These are recruiting letters that AU's allegedly sending out. [emoji15][emoji848]

The largest video board (college) in the USA and a play from a game 3 seasons ago.

What's next? Setting an attendance record at the Birmingham Bowl?

Thanks for this summary! It seems they were likely forcing some kids out to make room for the new recruits, but then a few more players left than they were expecting. I don't see them that thin or young honestly, unless I'm missing something. They do seem to be filling some of the missing 2016 recruits with Transfers though, maybe by design. The transfers probably help in the short term, but they hurt in the long term as your senior leadership will suffer in a few years.
Seemingly suffering now.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA

Lord have mercy! The Gus has just said last year and 7-6 "wasn't that bad." I can't wait to go see the Aubs chew him a new one for that. What was he thinking? :eek2:

Well it looks as if the Aubies don't mind a 7-6 season being not that bad. No one has said a word. I guess maybe the B'ham bowl is their goal now.

Last edited:

KentuckianaBFan

All-SEC
Jan 26, 2011
Lakeland, FL, 2018
echoaffiliate.com

Lord have mercy! The Gus has just said last year and 7-6 "wasn't that bad." I can't wait to go see the Aubs chew him a new one for that. What was he thinking? :eek2:

Well it looks as if the Aubies don't mind a 7-6 season being not that bad. No one has said a word. I guess maybe the B'ham bowl is their goal now.

Laying the groundwork for this season?

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art

From Duane Rankin in the Montgomery Advertiser this morning:

"Talk is cheap. Time for Malzahn to deliver on all the hot air he blew out Monday. I’ll be the first to applaud him if Auburn has a big year."

http://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com...zahn-blowing-hot-air-sec-media-days/86970872/
Gus could find himself in a tough situation. Les is on the hot seat, but he's on the hot seat with a very talented team and he always seems to find a way to right the ship when he has to. Gus is in a position where optimistically he finishes third in the SEC West and has 3 losses. Even with the bit of luck a season like that would entail, it is hard to imagine that Auburn fans will be happy with it.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham

Gus could find himself in a tough situation. Les is on the hot seat, but he's on the hot seat with a very talented team and he always seems to find a way to right the ship when he has to. Gus is in a position where optimistically he finishes third in the SEC West and has 3 losses. Even with the bit of luck a season like that would entail, it is hard to imagine that Auburn fans will be happy with it.
1-11 with the win coming over Bama.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

The "hot air" is quickly leaking from the Barn balloon. I just don't see how Gus survives another lackluster year. Question: If he wins 9 games but losses to Clemson, Georgia and Bama is that even enough???

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia

The "hot air" is quickly leaking from the Barn balloon. I just don't see how Gus survives another lackluster year. Question: If he wins 9 games but losses to Clemson, Georgia and Bama is that even enough???
As an objective outsider and removing my crimson glasses, I see no reason to fire a coach who would end up losing to the 2 teams who were in last years championship game and Georgia. Those are all great teams. I can see Georgia being the "toughest" loss in the sense of a winnable game slipping through their fingers.

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL

As an objective outsider and removing my crimson glasses, I see no reason to fire a coach who would end up losing to the 2 teams who were in last years championship game and Georgia. Those are all great teams. I can see Georgia being the "toughest" loss in the sense of a winnable game slipping through their fingers.
They lose to Clemson, LSU, Ole Miss, UGA, and Bama for sure. aTm and MS State might be losses too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.