Plain Trouble on "Da Plains" (all AU posts here) - old

Status
Not open for further replies.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Re: Funny from an Auburn fan

We try to minimize the AU footprint on the front page generally speaking. Plenty of Alabama football to discuss, ya know?

bamafaninbham

All-SEC
Jul 19, 2004
Homewood

Didn't this moron understand that he was supposed to light the TP in the trees on fire ONLY if the barn lost the game. The plight of the trees is only to be used to deflect from the shortcomings of the football team. Guess he didn't get the memo.

Mke4Bama

All-SEC
Nov 21, 2006
Cullman (Good Hope)

One of the teachers that works with me is a big AU fan. She posted today...Anyone else want to play Auburn with one second left?"

I know. I know. But funny is funny.
I thought I saw a photo of the penalty play and there was two seconds on the clock at the end of the play, can time on the clock be challenged? I thought it could.

Last edited:

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012

Hubert and his crew - what do you expect? I can count five things that didn't add up or went against the 'Who over the last few plays, and only one of them was attributable to Lester the Clock Jester.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

If I'm a betting man, Auburn fans felt like they lost the game again after they heard LSU fired Miles. LSU is now standing first in line to get the best coach available (whoever that is). By seasons end, Auburn will probably be in that same line and most Auburn fans know that deep down in their heart.

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa

I watched the end of the game after I got home from BD watching the tide. I was watching the game and commented that I saw 3 times that time went off the clock during the last drive after the play and even after they called TO. I would guess 10 seconds or so. Also the clock was never waived in by the official.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Plain Trouble on "Da Plains" (all AU posts here)

I watched the end of the game after I got home from BD watching the tide. I was watching the game and commented that I saw 3 times that time went off the clock during the last drive after the play and even after they called TO. I would guess 10 seconds or so. Also the clock was never waived in by the official.
Mentioned these same points in the LSU-AU game thread and was told I lacked understanding of officiating and that my opinion was foolish. YMMV..

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Re: Plain Trouble on "Da Plains" (all AU posts here)

Mentioned these same points in the LSU-AU game thread and was told I lacked understanding of officiating and that my opinion was foolish. YMMV..
Two things:

1. On LSU's part: Miles should have asked to conference with the head official and the one who would put the ball down and ask how they were planning to make the clock start. Would it be on a whistle or hand motion or just setting the ball down or what? Miles should have found out and he should have huddled the offense and told them to be ready to snap the ball immediately when the official sat it down/blows the whistle or whatever they told him they would do. This is just common sense that an arm chair coach has, but CLM stood there like he'd never coached a game before.

2. On the official's part: The official who sat the ball down stood between the ball and the LSU center before he ran out of the way. Maybe the LSU center/qb should have crowded him and got lined up, but I thought the officials mishandled putting the ball into play without giving LSU and legitimate chance to get the snap off. Having said that, even if they wouldn't, I'm not sure LSU is ready to get the snap off in time anyway.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

There was one play where the LSU receiver clearly got out of bounds, but the ref gave the signal to keep the clock running. That must have cost them 10-15 seconds at least.

EscaTider

Hall of Fame
Oct 2, 2008
Flomaton, AL

Don't know how it is where some of you guys work, but you'd think the aubs just won the SECCG or CFP the way they are celebrating. Guess winning an SEC game at home for the first time since 2014 will do that to a fan base.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Plain Trouble on "Da Plains" (all AU posts here)

Eh, never mind. Don't want to rehash that debate..

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham

Well, no other team can shoot the threes like the aubies, driving to the goal for layups isn't vogue I guess.
A friend who does Twitter told me that after the fourth FG somebody started tweeting "He BURIES the trey!!!" :wink:

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham

Don't know how it is where some of you guys work, but you'd think the aubs just won the SECCG or CFP the way they are celebrating. Guess winning an SEC game at home for the first time since 2014 will do that to a fan base.
Yeah, they need to keep things in perspective. It's not like they won the first annual Bristol Bowl or something.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010

Home cooking at it's finest... :cool2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.