Plain Trouble on "Da Plains" (all AU posts here) - old

Status
Not open for further replies.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Re: New Position For Jeremy Johnson - Like 12th Man

RB Peyton Barber just made the deadline to declare for the draft.
Why would he leave early? I wouldn't expect him to be drafted earlier than the fourth round, and that's being nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

you mean Shon " I hold on every play" Coleman could go 1st day or 2nd day. good luck doing those wrestling moves in the NFL. :cool2:
I've seen a few mock drafts that had him in the first round. Was shocked when I first saw it.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa

Peyton Barber is a suprising move
I had the same reaction, and just don't understand it from a performance perspective. Maybe something else...academics or family situation?

If he's fed up with Malzahn, I'd certainly understand. But in that case, a transfer to an FCS or Division 2 program would make more sense.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

Why would he leave early? I wouldn't expect him to be drafted earlier than the fourth round, and that's being nice.

that might be preferable to staying at the barn another year.

PitMaster

Suspended
Aug 24, 2015

I had the same reaction, and just don't understand it from a performance perspective. Maybe something else...academics or family situation?

If he's fed up with Malzahn, I'd certainly understand. But in that case, a transfer to an FCS or Division 2 program would make more sense.
The Barber of Cowville was their most productive back, and there are many issues within those corridors. "Family " is a front

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Re: Plain Trouble on "Da Plains" (all AU posts here)

Barber leaving doesn't really hurt AU at all. Jovon Robinson is a much better back..

Historically, those predicting a losing season for Auburn end up disappointed. I don't see them being a great team, but I suspect they'll be improved over this year. Heck, as awful as they were in 2015 they still went 7-6...
You are right about that. They'll remain mediocre, that's for sure. I think they'll have a better record next year. Not because they'll get better, it's because most teams on their schedule will be getting worse, that includes Clemson, though I still think Clemson beats them badly. They do have a very difficult schedule though.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA

Probably just wanted out of the au dumpster fire.
I was just on the goober board I visit and they do not understand the "dumpster fire" tag. What dumpster fire? There is no dumpster fire. This from the team picked to win the SEC and many had them in the Playoff. This from the team with a coaching void in progress. It reminded me of the Iraqi Defense Minister. They are a really special fan base. :conf2:

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art

Not really. They have Johnson on the roster, and few more rbs coming in.
It seems almost every time Alabama fans think that there's too much depth at the position, Alabama finds out that isn't the case at all. It might not hurt Auburn, but it certainly could if things don't go their way.

capnfrog

All-American
Aug 17, 2002
Pell city, Al. U.S.A.

I was just on the goober board I visit and they do not understand the "dumpster fire" tag. What dumpster fire? There is no dumpster fire. This from the team picked to win the SEC and many had them in the Playoff. This from the team with a coaching void in progress. It reminded me of the Iraqi Defense Minister. They are a really special fan base. :conf2:
If they don't understand, there's no use explaining.

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia

Peyton Barber could have left for a multitude of reasons. Kids declare every year who would have been better off staying a bit longer. Vinne Sunseri comes to mind. Family's often have a large role to play in that decision. Either way, he's leaving to make a career for himself so I wish him the best in that regard.

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006

Peyton Barber could have left for a multitude of reasons. Kids declare every year who would have been better off staying a bit longer. Vinne Sunseri comes to mind. Family's often have a large role to play in that decision. Either way, he's leaving to make a career for himself so I wish him the best in that regard.
Agree... Wish him well. I hope he is able to make a team and provide for himself and his family...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.