Plain Trouble on "Da Plains" (all AU posts here) - old

Status
Not open for further replies.

TideFan in AU

Hall of Fame
Re: Plain Trouble on "Da Plains"

Big improvement in the AU defense from #14 (last) to #13 [emoji849]

I keep seeing people on my facebook feed saying how great their defense played yesterday. Yeah they stuffed Henry on the 2nd and goal from the 1, but he rushed for 271 yards and if Stewart catches the sure TD pass, this game would have been a blowout.

I think they were honestly expecting it to be such a blowout that they are happy with only giving 29 points letting Henry break an Iron Bowl record. Either that, or they're forgot what a good defense looks like.

Bless their hearts is all I can say.

Timberline Tide

All-American
Jun 9, 2010
Colorado

Seems like a good time to bring this one back to the spotlight: 10 reasons to get on the auburn bandwagon

1. The Gus Malzahn/Will Muschamp combination will be too much for opponents to handle.

3. Jeremy Johnson could be the best passing quarterback Malzahn has ever coached.

4. Malzahn is the most talented play-caller in college football and this season will showcase his underrated ability to fit his offense to his personnel.

5. Duke Williams decided to come back rather than enter the NFL draft.

6. Cassanova McKinzy and Kris Frost give the Tigers a pair of dependable senior linebackers that Muschamp should put to good use.

7. Last year’s brutal schedule comes with upside, as Auburn gets to host Georgia, Ole Miss and Alabama.

8. The team’s running game could get even better with junior college transfer Jovon Robinson.

9. Malzahn has proven he’s capable of beating in-state giant Alabama.

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000

Bobby Humphrey is running the ball on ESPN right now. I can't remember who wins this game! I was in the Army at the time. Shula is the QB, Bo is there and #17 is not Drake but Richardson! I think this is Bo as a senior, so they win I believe.

Gr8hope

All-American
Nov 10, 2010

Nope. It was Van Tiffin for the win. I was there and it was glorious!

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000

Nope. It was Van Tiffin for the win. I was there and it was glorious!
Thanks, this is a treat! Bobby's son Marlon is so full of Alabama. You can tell during our games that he grew up a fan and heard about how great his father was many times. A legend. He is the first to jump on someone after a good play.

gman4tide

All-SEC
Nov 21, 2005
Flint Creek

Thanks, this is a treat! Bobby's son Marlon is so full of Alabama. You can tell during our games that he grew up a fan and heard about how great his father was many times. A legend. He is the first to jump on someone after a good play.
Marlon layed the wood on a couple of his tackles Saturday!

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

Muschamp seems that a wild, rabid dog when he gets mad. He and Gus just do not seem to have the same personalities.

Muschamp needs some anger management counseling!

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa

I'd give Muschamp the boot at the 1st opportunity if I was Auburn. He is a PR disaster waiting to happen. How long before he does something over the line? He was very close Saturday. Frankly the SEC office needs to fine him or discipline him in some way. Allowing him to behave like a buffoon on the sidelines is not only an embarrassment to Auburn, but the SEC as a whole.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

I'd give Muschamp the boot at the 1st opportunity if I was Auburn. He is a PR disaster waiting to happen. How long before he does something over the line? He was very close Saturday. Frankly the SEC office needs to fine him or discipline him in some way. Allowing him to behave like a buffoon on the sidelines is not only an embarrassment to Auburn, but the SEC as a whole.
i can't believe he wasn't ejected after he continued showing his arse after getting flagged. i also think that jacobs/gus should have told him to hit the showers

Gr8hope

All-American
Nov 10, 2010

i can't believe he wasn't ejected after he continued showing his arse after getting flagged. i also think that jacobs/gus should have told him to hit the showers
Yes, I noticed that Tom Ritter was highly praised by Danielson for diffusing the situation rather than throwing another flag when he had to be restrained and pulled off the field the second time. He should have been ejected but it worked out in the long run.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

He was flat out wrong to blow his lid over that flag. That is the real head scratcher. A defender will be flagged 99 out of 100 times when he engages and wrap up an offensive player when the player is already 2 or 3 steps out of bounds. The 1 out of 100 it is not called is usually because the officials just didn't see it for whatever reason. I know he really didn't need his defense giving up 15 yards in that spot but he also really, REALLY didn't need to give up 30 yards. He didn't pick the right battle and said a magical flag producing word in the process. That's all on him because that was a 100% right call on the Auburn defender. It's tough because you want your guys playing hard and rallying to the ball but the kid was late.

The Reuben Foster late hit out of bounds flag was far closer to being a fringe call than that one. What is he suppose to do in that spot? He should have let go of the wrapped up defender he carried out of bounds less abruptly than he did...he was honestly probably trying to hard to make sure he didn't continue the motion of a tackle and it ended up looking too aggressive in disengaging thus getting flagged anyway. Compare that to the Auburn flag: the Auburn defender didn't even engage the defender until Coker was 3 steps out of bounds.

Last edited:

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

Yes, I noticed that Tom Ritter was highly praised by Danielson for diffusing the situation rather than throwing another flag when he had to be restrained and pulled off the field the second time. He should have been ejected but it worked out in the long run.
just me, i understand the ref wanting to diffuse the situation, but i think that type of leeway should be afforded the head coach and not an out of control assistant.

i guess ritter had in the back of his mind that he didn't want to witness the crowd freakout if he tossed little willie

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

He was flat out wrong to blow his lid over that flag. That is the real head scratcher. A defender will be flagged 99 out of 100 times when he engages and wrap up an offensive player when the player is already 2 or 3 steps out of bounds. The 1 out of 100 it is not called is usually because the officials just didn't see it for whatever reason. I know he really didn't need his defense giving up 15 yards in that spot but he also really, REALLY didn't need to give up 30 yards. He didn't pick the right battle and said a magical flag producing word in the process. That's all on him because that was a 100% right call on the Auburn defender. It's tough because you want your guys playing hard and rallying to the ball but the kid was late.

The Reuben Foster late hit out of bounds flag was far closer to being a fringe call than that one. What is he suppose to do in that spot? He should have let go of the wrapped up defender he carried out of bounds less abruptly than he did...he was honestly probably trying to hard to make sure he didn't continue the motion of a tackle and it ended up looking too aggressive in disengaging thus getting flagged anyway. Compare that to the Auburn flag: the Auburn defender didn't even engage the defender until Coker was 3 steps out of bounds.
i think muschamp was outraged because he thought one of our linemen was holding and didn't get called for it. his anger wasn't over the late hit call.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.