Plain Trouble on "Da Plains" (all AU posts here) - old

Status
Not open for further replies.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Re: Plain Trouble on "Da Plains" (all AU posts here)

57, actually and you must be having a really hard time following along. I'm not dismissing those losses. Anyone that understands the circumstances why the record in the series is what it is know there's really nothing for us to be indignant about. Vandy used to beat the crap out of us back in their heyday, the roles have been reversed but Vandy caught us at the perfect time the last two matchups in the series. Whooptie-flippin'-doo.

That's not to say some Auburn fans aren't hypersensitive about it.
Not having a hard time following along at all. I like you and most on here do but just trying to figure out why you are making such an incredibly hard fought argument about your record against Vandy. Do you really think any of us think Vandy's program and tradition is better than the Barn's? It seems it is you that is hypersensitive about it. As I said in an earlier post, you need to know when to fold em and when to hold em.

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.

Not having a hard time following along at all.
Then why did you present the "drawing the line" statement? That was misrepresenting my argument. Had we played them as often as y'all have since then, we would be dominating the series is what I'm saying.

I like you and most on here do but just trying to figure out why you are making such an incredibly hard fought argument about your record against Vandy.
It's called killing time. ;)

Do you really think any of us think Vandy's program and tradition is better than the Barn's?
Not amongst the sensible. I'm well aware it's just something most of y'all just like to needle us with.

It seems it is you that is hypersensitive about it.
Possibly.

As I said in an earlier post, you need to know when to fold em and when to hold em.
Why would I fold a winning hand?

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007

Vandy was one of the two winningest teams in the SEC when they got 90% of their wins in the series. Hell, y'all had a losing record to Vandy before the Bear took the helm, and y'all got to play them every year since they stopped being a power in the conference.

Only pointing out that holding it against us makes about as much sense as me holding y'all's losing record against La Tech against you.
Hardly. Since you are taking this seriously, comparing a one game series vs a 42 game series is no comparison at all.

I agree though, it's the losing records to Bama, LSU, UGA and A&M that should stick in the craw a bit more. Like Vandy, the 14-17 record against Tulane is not hard to ignore. OTOH, you're just 2 ahead of Ark who is hot on your trail.

Last edited:

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007

[/B]

No offense, but it's probably fortunate for Auburn that they didn't play Vanderbilt every year in the first half of the last century either or the deficit would most likely be much larger. In the span from 1901 through 1950 the two teams played 22 times with Vandy coming out on top 16 to 5 with 1 tie. If they'd played the other 28 years in that span......
What if they had to play Bama from 08-47 ? Bama probably would have added a 30-10 edge to the series record 😊.

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007

they are pretty good in baseball and very solid in basketball. I realize football is king in the SEC and most of college sports, but Vandy does contribute with their share of accolades.
I agree. I'm glad Vandy is in the conf and not just because they are an easy win. But I'm easy to please - I'm even glad Ark, So Car, A&M and Mo are in the conf.

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013

Hardly. Since you are taking this seriously, comparing a one game series vs a 42 game series is no comparison at all.
5. Y'all are 2-3 against Tech, but that's not the point. It's just one of those quirks. Everyone knows that y'all would be dominating the series if you played them every year the previous 50, just like everyone knows we would be well ahead of Vandy in the same circumstances.

I agree though, it's the losing records to Bama, LSU, UGA and A&M that should stick in the craw a bit more. Like Vandy, the 14-17 record against Tulane is not hard to ignore. OTOH, you're just 2 ahead of Ark who is hot on your trail.
Yeah, I'd be lying if I said those didn't bother me.

PitMaster

Suspended
Aug 24, 2015

To get this thread back on track, months after saying he needed to get back to being a coach and be more Hands-On and involved, Gus has now back tracked after four games and says he needs to become more of a CEO

I have to laugh that four years and four games into his tenure at Auburn comma their head coach is still trying to Define what his role should be

Last edited:

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013

To get this thread back on track, months after saying he needed to get back to being a coach and be more Hands-On and involved, Gus has now back tracked after four games and says he needs to become more of a CEO

I have to laugh that for years and four games into his tenure at Auburn comma their head coach is still trying to Define what his role should be
Setting up Lashlee as the sacrificial lamb if our offensive woes continue.

PitMaster

Suspended
Aug 24, 2015

Setting up Lashlee as the sacrificial lamb if our offensive woes continue.
But, but, but he surely wouldn't do dirty his protégé and basically adopted son, would he? That would be so....

Auburn like

scoretide

Suspended
Nov 26, 2010
Boaz, Alabama

I see auburn beating La Monroe, MSU, Vanderbilt and Alabama A&M that is six wins. There are right now 2 swing games IMO; Arkansas at home and at UGA. I think 7 wins is possible, outside chance at 8. If he wins one of these swing games I believe Gus is safe for this year.
I said 7-5 I don't see them beating OLEMISS, BAMA, MISS. STATE IS A SWING GAME !

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007

5. Y'all are 2-3 against Tech, but that's not the point. It's just one of those quirks. Everyone knows that y'all would be dominating the series if you played them every year the previous 50, just like everyone knows we would be well ahead of Vandy in the same circumstances.

Yeah, I'd be lying if I said those didn't bother me.
Officially you are right, but I just count on field 😊, there it is 3-2. Frankly I had forgotten about the first loss.

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013

Officially you are right, but I just count on field , there it is 3-2. Frankly I had forgotten about the first loss.
I'm only old enough to recall the 97 and 99 losses with any clarity. Pretty good QB, that Tim Rattay. Saw him play live at UAB twice. Had something like 430 passing yards at Legion Field in 99. Y'all bounced back nicely after the 99 game (well, until next year and the end of the DuBose era). That win in the swamp was a classic.

Last edited:

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013

We're pretty happy with where the basketball team is going into this season. Knew it would take time but we're recruiting better than we ever have and the future is extremely bright. I forecasted a two to three year wait for success when we hired him. This will be the first year we have some absolutely awesome talent on the floor across the board.

We expect postseason play this year. There may be some rumbles if we miss but his seat will by no means be warm unless we absolutely bomb this season.
Someone asked a few days ago about our feelings on Pearl. Just to give you an idea of how far basketball has come, here's a list of our top recruits since 2000:

1. E.J. Montgomery - 5 star - #7 PF in the class of '18
2. Austin Wiley - 5 star - #6 PF in the class of '17
3. Mustapha Heron - 5 star - #4 SF in the class of '16

4. Korvotney Barber - 4 star - #8 PF in the class of '05
5. Davion Mitchell - 4 star - #7 PG in the class of '17
6. Luke Cothron - 4 star - #9 PF in the class of '10
7. Chuma Okeke - 4 star - #11 SF in the class of '17
8. Horace Spencer - 4 star - #16 PF in the class of '15
9. Danjel Purifoy - 4 star - #12 SF in the class of '15

10. Jordan Price - 4 star - #13 SG in the class of '12

Other Current/Future players

13. T.J. Dunans - 4 star - #1 (JUCO) SG in the class of 16
15. Jared Harper - 4 star - #21 PG in the class of '16
27. New Williams - 3 star - #50 SG in the class of '15
31. Anfernee McLemore - 3 star - #48 PF in the class of '16
51. T.J. Lang - 3 star - #70 SF in the class of '14
52. Bryce Brown - 3 star - #96 SG in the class of '15

Unreal.

PitMaster

Suspended
Aug 24, 2015

Someone asked a few days ago about our feelings on Pearl. Just to give you an idea of how far basketball has come, here's a list of our top recruits since 2000:

1. E.J. Montgomery - 5 star - #7 PF in the class of '18
2. Austin Wiley - 5 star - #6 PF in the class of '17
3. Mustapha Heron - 5 star - #4 SF in the class of '16

4. Korvotney Barber - 4 star - #8 PF in the class of '05
5. Davion Mitchell - 4 star - #7 PG in the class of '17
6. Luke Cothron - 4 star - #9 PF in the class of '10
7. Chuma Okeke - 4 star - #11 SF in the class of '17
8. Horace Spencer - 4 star - #16 PF in the class of '15
9. Danjel Purifoy - 4 star - #12 SF in the class of '15

10. Jordan Price - 4 star - #13 SG in the class of '12

Other Current/Future players

13. T.J. Dunans - 4 star - #1 (JUCO) SG in the class of 16
15. Jared Harper - 4 star - #21 PG in the class of '16
27. New Williams - 3 star - #50 SG in the class of '15
31. Anfernee McLemore - 3 star - #48 PF in the class of '16
51. T.J. Lang - 3 star - #70 SF in the class of '14
52. Bryce Brown - 3 star - #96 SG in the class of '15

Unreal.
This would make hugh freeze blush

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
Plain Trouble on "Da Plains" (all AU posts here)

So you're bragging about a huge upswing in your recruiting by a coach who has a shady recruiting background? Hmmmm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013

So you're bragging about a huge upswing in your recruiting by a coach who has a shady recruiting background? Hmmmm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was asked how I felt about basketball and am simply answering. :p_conf:

Besides, I'm pretty sure Bruce is being very careful. He's under a microscope and he knows it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.