Plain Trouble on "Da Plains" (all AU posts here) - old

Status
Not open for further replies.

scoretide

Suspended
Nov 26, 2010
Boaz, Alabama
Re: Plain Trouble on "Da Plains" (all AU posts here)

We blew coverage once. The other was the play where Lawson ran right by the tackle, Fournette and was in Etling's face and had the sack before it mattered. Wouldn't put much stock into that one. Play was long over.
Ok, Dupree was still open on 2 of them, The point I am making if he hits him (in fact if he would have looked his way) they would not have had to worry about the last play.

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000

LSU throws a curve into the Auburn coaching search, it there is one, which I believe will be the case. LSU might get the coach Auburn could have had. Imo, Lane Kiffin is a logical choice, although I would hate to see him go. He won't get the LSU job imo but could be the best of them all.

Edit: IF Auburn beats Georgia and has a winning record, he may get another year. I am impressed with the defense.

Last edited:

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.

Ok, Dupree was still open on 2 of them, The point I am making if he hits him (in fact if he would have looked his way) they would not have had to worry about the last play.
There was no "looking his way" on that one. Carl was flinging Etling to the turf before Dupre was in the second level. No need to cover a guy when the play is over. ESPN was just playing it for drama.

The corner to the boundary side where he gained a step was dangerous though. Thank goodness Etling didn't look his way.

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013

LSU throws a curve into the Auburn coaching search, it there is one, which I believe will be the case. LSU might get the coach Auburn could have had. Imo, Lane Kiffin is a logical choice, although I would hate to see him go. He won't get the LSU job imo but could be the best of them all.

Edit: IF Auburn beats Georgia and has a winning record, he may get another year. I am impressed with the defense.
I like our chances against all three of the Bulldogs left on our schedule and Vandy. 7 wins right there (we play La-Monroe Saturday). If we win all of those those and play solid games against Ole Miss and Alabama, Gus will have made a compelling case for another year.

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL

I like our chances against all three of the Bulldogs left on our schedule and Vandy. 7 wins right there (we play La-Monroe Saturday). If we win all of those those and play solid games against Ole Miss and Alabama, Gus will have made a compelling case for another year.
Compelling? Interesting word choice.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
Re: Funny from an Auburn fan

I agree with this. He was clearly out of bounds which should have stopped the clock. I do think Les mismanaged the clock and should have questioned the clock several times along the way as precious seconds ticked off after plays ended and his TO.

And I watched it over. I never saw anyone motion for the clock to start. The SEC should not allow home teams to administer the clock. It is a clear conflict of interest.
EXACTLY!!! That is the Home Cooking that I was referring to... :cool2:

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010

I hope so... :cool2:

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama

I see auburn beating La Monroe, MSU, Vanderbilt and Alabama A&M that is six wins. There are right now 2 swing games IMO; Arkansas at home and at UGA. I think 7 wins is possible, outside chance at 8. If he wins one of these swing games I believe Gus is safe for this year.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

I see auburn beating La Monroe, MSU, Vanderbilt and Alabama A&M that is six wins. There are right now 2 swing games IMO; Arkansas at home and at UGA. I think 7 wins is possible, outside chance at 8. If he wins one of these swing games I believe Gus is safe for this year.
Vandy has a good chance of beating Auburn. Auburn has trouble getting 7 points on board. So if Vandy keeps this game low score game, they have a chance to steal the game. Alabama A and M is very terrible team this year. they may not win rest of the games this year. So, that game is a given. La Monroe, never count them out. they have history of beating SEC teams. You just never know. MSU- the thing about them is that you just never know what they will do. They always find a way to upset a team every year. SO I see Auburn with 5 wins total.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL

I looked at my wife immediately and said "the TD won't count. They didn't get he snap off." It was that obvious to me, someone that would have liked to see some way BOTH teams could lose the game.

If I am not mistaken, each conference provides clock operators as part on the game crew. I don't believe the home team provides someone from the administration or staff to run the clock. If there were snafu's on clock stoppage, that should fall on the conference.

It seems appropriate to me, given how many times Les has "mismanaged" the clock over his years at LSU that his tenure would end this way. There was no sense of urgency in anything that was done in that last drive. They squandered previous time throughout. And that falls on the head coach's shoulders.

I hate it for Les. I've grown to really like the guy over the years.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Plain Trouble on "Da Plains" (all AU posts here)

7-8 wins with a win over one of our traditional rivals and at least putting up a good fight against the other (I am under no illusion we have a shot against y'all as of now) should save his bacon for at least another year.
And the rest of the SEC will rejoice if y'all retain Gus. Serious questions - do you or most AU fans want Gus back (assuming he wins 7 games)? If you do what has he proven that makes you think next year would be any different i.e. lack of talent at the QB position and overall player development..

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

7-8 wins with a win over one of our traditional rivals and at least putting up a good fight against the other (I am under no illusion we have a shot against y'all as of now) should save his bacon for at least another year.
mmmm. bacon

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

I looked at my wife immediately and said "the TD won't count. They didn't get he snap off." It was that obvious to me, someone that would have liked to see some way BOTH teams could lose the game.

If I am not mistaken, each conference provides clock operators as part on the game crew. I don't believe the home team provides someone from the administration or staff to run the clock. If there were snafu's on clock stoppage, that should fall on the conference.

It seems appropriate to me, given how many times Les has "mismanaged" the clock over his years at LSU that his tenure would end this way. There was no sense of urgency in anything that was done in that last drive. They squandered previous time throughout. And that falls on the head coach's shoulders.

I hate it for Les. I've grown to really like the guy over the years.
one of the things making me laugh so hard was that they obviously didn't get the play off in time, and the refs still called it a td.

Last edited:

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009

How about another 20? :biggrin:

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013

And the rest of the SEC will rejoice if y'all retain Gus. Serious questions - do you or most AU fans want Gus back (assuming he wins 7 games)? If you do what has he proven that makes you think next year would be any different i.e. lack of talent at the QB position and overall player development..
Depends on how much progress we see offensively. Our O actually is on the cusp of being somewhat functional and has been since Clemson. Receiving corps is young and talented, Sean White is serviceable at QB and RB has turned out to be a bright spot considering what we lost in the off-season. What it comes down to is play in the red zone. We have got to find a way to get the ball in the end zone. Convert those opportunities and we'd be above .500 right now.

Pretty much the whole offense will be back next year, the defense is young and talented etc. If we can finish this year strong, there will be a lot of optimism going into 2017.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama

Vandy has a good chance of beating Auburn. Auburn has trouble getting 7 points on board. So if Vandy keeps this game low score game, they have a chance to steal the game. Alabama A and M is very terrible team this year. they may not win rest of the games this year. So, that game is a given. La Monroe, never count them out. they have history of beating SEC teams. You just never know. MSU- the thing about them is that you just never know what they will do. They always find a way to upset a team every year. SO I see Auburn with 5 wins total.
You may be right, but if their defense continues to play solid and the offense can get Carlson to the other team's 40-45 they have a chance.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010

Vandy actually leads awbern in their head to head series... :cool2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.