Why are Gators so irate with Will Muschamp?

capnfrog

All-American
Aug 17, 2002
Pell city, Al. U.S.A.
I heard a little about Will Muschamp saying or doing something once he got to The Plains that made The Gator powers that be, very upset with him. I'm just wondering what I missed.

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al
Re: Why are Gator's so irate with Will Muschamp?

There was a bit of back and forth between Muschamp and McElwain over the amount of talent at Florida. I don't know if that plays a part.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL

There was a bit of back and forth between Muschamp and McElwain over the amount of talent at Florida. I don't know if that plays a part.
I remember this but he was also very cordial about Jeremy Foley and understood that they had to make a management decision. Of course, he didn't agree with it, but he stated he wasn't mad about it.

They shouldn't be so mad about Muschamp. Sure, he didn't improve the program. But it was already left pretty bare by Urban Meyer.

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham

I thought they were mad because he when he left they had like three offensive linemen.

Moro Creek

All-SEC
Jan 21, 2014
Equine country

My friends here in Florida think he is a sleezy liar after what he said about leaving so much talent.

capnfrog

All-American
Aug 17, 2002
Pell city, Al. U.S.A.

That pretty well sums it up. I've always felt that Defensive minded coaches need very strong OC's who can recruit lights out and vice versa. Malzahn and Coach Saban both realize this also.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida

It was a dig about the facilities at Florida.

He said while he was recruiting at Florida - he was always told how nice the facilities were at Auburn....and "It's nice now to be on the other side of it."

LINK

No big deal in my opinion but you know how the least little thing can stir up a fan base...lol.

CrimsonSEC

Hall of Fame
Jan 8, 2007
Brewton

My friends here in Florida think he is a sleezy liar after what he said about leaving so much talent.
I thought he was a sleezy liar long before he left Florida.

Oh, never mind, I thought you were talking about Urban.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000

Because Florida stays mad when they ain't on top. If Ron Zook would have compiled the record at Miss State that he did at Florida, they would have built a monument for him. That was a typical Auburn-esque record and yet even War Eagle woulda fired him for that.

Same thing with Frank Solich at Nebraska or Earle Bruce at Ohio State. Good records - but not good enough.

I've also been told that Muschamp is something of a temperamental guy. Don't know if it's true but I've heard that from more than one Auburn source.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

It was a dig about the facilities at Florida.

He said while he was recruiting at Florida - he was always told how nice the facilities were at Auburn....and "It's nice now to be on the other side of it."

LINK

No big deal in my opinion but you know how the least little thing can stir up a fan base...lol.

Big Mouth Boom and the Barn were made for each other...seems both have very little self awareness with both thinking alot more of themselves than others do.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama

Big Mouth Boom and the Barn were made for each other...seems both have very little self awareness with both thinking alot more of themselves than others do.
I hope the make BOOM their HCIW & he takes over The Barn when Gus loses a couple games to Bama in a row or The Gus Bus takes another job when other schools comes calling..

capnfrog

All-American
Aug 17, 2002
Pell city, Al. U.S.A.
It's simple. The cupboard is nearly bare. Takes a while to replenish.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus RTR
I think the reasoning for the cupboard being nearly bare is because the HC (Malzahn), gets his choice of the best athletes and puts them on offense, then, tells the DC (Ol Will), " build me a good defense with what I left you". That's why I think most offensive minded HC's mentality is to just try to outscore every one you play and if you wind up with a losing season fire a couple defensive coaches or fire the DC. I would hate to be in Muschamps shoes, in a couple more years he will either be fired or be a HC some where.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.