Tim Brando: Nick Saban Retiring to the Broadcast Booth Good for the Game

AlistarWills

All-American
Jul 26, 2006
Has any one man ever been so butthurt over a coach leaving his school as Brando is at Saban for leaving LSU?

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Once Coach Saban does indeed retire, wouldn`t be surprised to see him appear occasionally as a guest analyst or something of that ilk. I would be surprised if he took a full time broadcasting job.

tidefanbeezer

All-American
Sep 25, 2006
Atlanta, GA
Tim Brando said:
"The game has evolved into an area that he is not comfortable anymore."
You can tell Saban isn't comfortable anymore. He's only won 23 games in the two seasons since he won his last national title.

I do agree that one day, Saban will make a great analyst on ESPN. But not anytime soon.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Uh... I think he's partly right. He's just got the timing wrong. Nick Saban said as much himself in his recent interview with Paul Finebaum.

He thinks college football would benefit from a spokesman and he also said he would like to be a part of that. Someday.

He also said he felt like he ought to be able to coach until he was 80 because his mother was able to hit a hole in one at 80. I have no love for Tim Brando. Can't stand the guy. But I don't think he's that far off base with his opinion here.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.