Tim Brando: Nick Saban Retiring to the Broadcast Booth Good for the Game

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

Capt. Jack

Suspended
Jun 20, 2006
Coach Saban has had Alabama ranked #1 at some point in each of the last 7 seasons and is one spot away from making that 8, which would be a record that may never be broken. Clearly the game has passed him by.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I think it would be good for the game if Brando, Gallaway and Kannell were slotted for the new 2:00 a.m. to 6:00 a.m. sports talk show in Kandahar, Afghanisgtan.

Al Becker

3rd Team
Jan 25, 2011
Trussville, Al.
Many of the current crop of so called journalists and media members are either so intent of calling attention to themselves or so inept or both that they constantly reach for a story. One day Saban is going to retire and they will all be right in their prediction. Remember when the constant story was that Saban was only going to last for three or four years. Now as at least one recent thread shows, there is an annual story of this being his last season. when they are finally right there will be a chorus of I told you sos and they will all pat themselves on the back for being right.

Not to hijack the thread, but the sports media is basically incompetent at this point. If I hear another "journalist" ask a "talk about how it feels" or "how important was it to get the fourth down stop at the on yard line up 4 point with under a minute to go" question I may throw up. that is not journalism.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
I think it would be good for the game if Brando, Gallaway and Kannell were slotted for the new 2:00 a.m. to 6:00 a.m. sports talk show in Kandahar, Afghanisgtan.
Why is this in BLUE? I dislike all three, but Gallaway and Kannell are lower on the totem pole than Brando and he's at the bottom! You saw who BOTH picked to win the Ole Sis vs Bama game.

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL
One of my favorite guys to listen to now on the SECN and Paul Finebaum is Booger McFarland. He knows football, has no agenda even though he's an LSU alumnus, and he is hilarious.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
One of my favorite guys to listen to now on the SECN and Paul Finebaum is Booger McFarland. He knows football, has no agenda even though he's an LSU alumnus, and he is hilarious.
Booger is ok, but the big swagu is much more entertaining IMO and knows his football too.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Agreed. I think he'd be a hoot to have a beer with.

And I know he's a lightning rod for some, but Gary Danielson is my favorite announcer. Even with Verne...who I think of as the lovable, but slightly inebriated, uncle at Thanksgiving.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
why even click on the link?
Yup..No disrespect towards the original poster, I refuse to read Tim's BS, he slams Bama all season & then when we make it to the play-off's or the NC Game..He acts like he supported Bama all year long..I wish he would just go away & is never heard from ever again..

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.