Link: Injury will Force Alabama to Play 3 Freshmen Defensive Backs in Dime Package

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Click

Alabama will have to rely on three freshmen defensive backs while attempting to slow down an Ole Miss offense that has scored 149 points through its first two games.

Junior defensive back Maurice Smith has been dealing with shoulder stingers and hasn't been able to practice, Tide coach Nick Saban said during his weekly radio show Thursday night.

With Smith injured, Saban said freshman safety Ronnie Harrison will be the Tide's dime back against No. 15 Ole Miss Saturday night.

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
How big of an issue will this be anyway? Isn't Nickel our base d package against the spread?

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
Nice job on the alarmist click-bait headline from al.com, but the drop-off from Smith to Harrison is likely to prove negligible. For the most part, we have been quite lucky on injuries so far.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Nice job on the alarmist click-bait headline from al.com, but the drop-off from Smith to Harrison is likely to prove negligible. For the most part, we have been quite lucky on injuries so far.
Plus the size becomes less of an issue vs their receivers, and if he lives up to reports and doesn't make any mistakes this might actually be a good thing.

bamajag600

3rd Team
Apr 27, 2006
Hawaii
Anyone have an update or info on Tony Brown? I think he was injured a bit in camp, but after the way he came on last year as a true freshman I was hoping for him to be a breakout star for our secondary.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
That's exactly why Coach Saban bust his backside all over America bringing in talent at a rate never seen at Bama or college football over the last 8 recruiting classes..One player gets injured another steps up, there may be an experience gap as has been stated, it could also give a more all around talented player that golden chance to showcase his talent in the biggest game of the year..I have faith Harrison will get the job done cause he's a young stud for sure..

Rush

All-American
Jul 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Anyone have an update or info on Tony Brown? I think he was injured a bit in camp, but after the way he came on last year as a true freshman I was hoping for him to be a breakout star for our secondary.

Goooooooooooooooood question...

Would luv to know what those w a closer pulse to the team are hearing...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.