To all the fans that left early......thanks for nothing!

bamablood6

1st Team
Mar 27, 2006
Human nature, unfortunately. People are with you and behind you when times are good, but when things go bad, who is there for you? Usually close family and true friends are the only ones supportive in bad times. I am a Bama graduate, so does that make me a true fan? LOL. And I was here in Hawaii watching the game, and never walked out of my living room.....LOL!

BamaPokerplayer

All-American
Oct 10, 2004
Maybe because a whole lot of people would have gladly gone to the game if the option were available. These games are expensive and Alabama fans are spread across the globe.
So they guy that made the sacrifice to go to the game, but left early, is getting called out by people who did not even go. Seems odd to me. I get where you are coming from though.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
So they guy that made the sacrifice to go to the game, but left early, is getting called out by people who did not even go. Seems odd to me. I get where you are coming from though.
Going to the game isn't a sacrifice though, it's a privilege. That's part of the point, there's a greater demand than supply, especially for a game like this. People go because they want to, if they don't want to they can find literally crowds of people that would take their place. If it wasn't a sellout, I'd agree with your point, I'd rather a fan come for 3 quarters than none but we're talking about a full capacity sellout game here.

Last edited:

CrimsonPride

1st Team
Dec 9, 2001
Chattanooga, TN
Human nature, unfortunately. People are with you and behind you when times are good, but when things go bad, who is there for you? Usually close family and true friends are the only ones supportive in bad times. I am a Bama graduate, so does that make me a true fan? LOL. And I was here in Hawaii watching the game, and never walked out of my living room.....LOL!
Generally, this true but in the past, Bama fans have supported this team through all kinds of bad times. As a matter of fact, BDS had several expansions during not so good times because of the loyalty of the fanbase.

We were loyal to a fault with an us against the world mindset. The media talked about us, fans of other teams laughed at us, but our players loved us for it because they knew we had their backs. To fit in, we seemed to have eased up on our passion and fanaticism. All the while the other fanbases started to become more like us in how they supported their team and now the media praises them for the very thing they criticized us for.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bamadp

All-SEC
Sep 24, 2006
Sheffield, Al.
I thought it was somewhat disingenuous for ESPN and others to criticize some fans for leaving early...especially since they were the main cause. If you cause a game to start at 8:20 (which espn did) and with all the commercial time the game ends at 12:30 people shouldn't be surprised by some early departures. If you left at 12:30 and had a 2-3 hour drive home (what's that 100 -150 miles from T-town), you wouldn't get in bed until four in the morning. I personally never left any sporting event early, but things are a lot easier on you when you're 30 than when you're 60. I think tv and the university bear some responsibility for the early departures...it's not conducive to the fans.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.