So CNS and/or CLK call and ask you what to do about QB. What's your advice?

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Do you say stick with Coker? He'll make a great throw and then telegraph an INT.

Do you say give Bateman another chance with more running plays? He should have kept the ball a few of the times on the zone read, but he handed off.

Do you say give Morris a chance?

Do you say get Blake Barnett ready cause we're losing a couple more games anyway the way it is?

CrimsonSEC

Hall of Fame
Jan 8, 2007
Brewton
If Barnett is our future, then put him in the mix. If he's not, then it is what it is, and let's go with the status quo. I'm tired of QB controversies myself. If he's got the goods minus the experience, then lets's get him some experience.

CRMSNtide

1st Team
Jul 4, 2011
I think Coker is the best we have, but he's gone after this year, so any seasoning he gets wont be useful next year, plus he's just not that good.
46.7 completion percentage tonight, 2 interceptions and a few more that should have been picked off and can't throw an accurate deep pass.

I almost want give Barnett a shot, he looks so skinny though, needs a year to fill out some.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
At this point I put Barnett in and see what happens for a few games. We gave up FIVE turnovers tonight and still had a chance to win, BB can hardly do worse. The upside is the payoff.

This defense is special, and the offense is good enough to win lot of games, but if I'm honest, I play for the future.

TideFan in AU

Hall of Fame
At this point I put Barnett in and see what happens for a few games. We gave up FIVE turnovers tonight and still had a chance to win, BB can hardly do worse. The upside is the payoff.

This defense is special, and the offense is good enough to win lot of games, but if I'm honest, I play for the future.
Barnett. He dominated at The Opening against elite talent, so he can compete at a high level.

I would rather watch him miss reads, miss deep throws, hit defenders between the numbers, with the knowledge that he will be here multiple years vs. A one and done.
Had we done that last year, we most likely would not have won 12 games and a SEC Championship.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

Man, I'm torn. If we were a power running team like LSU I'd say maybe ride it out with Coker. But, even then, you've got to have the deep threat to keep a defense honest.

Part of me agrees with Barnett and how much worse could it possibly be?

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama

I wish they would go for this logic.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Stick with Coker but start getting Blake Barnett groomed to be the first guy off the bench.

If the offense can't correct itself with Coker in the October hell run then get Barnett in there and play for 2016 continuity on offense.

tide power fan

All-SEC
Nov 26, 2011
Last year the o was worse than it was tonight, if we wouldn't have been behind so far we wouldn't have been throwing so much, the last Interception Coker threw baffled me why we would go for such a long pass at that point in the game.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
I'd say you guys are the ones making the big bucks to put the guy back that there that gives us the best chance to win, week in and week out. Make a decision and live with it. The worst decision is making no decision at all.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I'd say you guys are the ones making the big bucks to put the guy back that there that gives us the best chance to win, week in and week out. Make a decision and live with it. The worst decision is making no decision at all.
Well, in the coaches defense, it is really about live, in-game reps. And, frankly, neither guy so far has shown he's the guy for the spotlight.

Why it might be time to see if BB could be the guy when the spotlight is on him?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.