Robert Foster Done for the Year with Torn Rotator Cuff

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
Is that not something you can play through and fix after the season? Not Q our medical staff, just thought I remember players playing through that injury.

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
Is that not something you can play through and fix after the season? Not Q our medical staff, just thought I remember players playing through that injury.
I think for his position, it would severely limit what he needs to do (i.e. lift his hands over his head to catch a pass). Because we the way these guys are spraying it all over the field...

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
no.
1. it hurts like hell
2. wouldn't be able to lift his arm
Yeah, this isn't something you work with. You could see he had trouble walking off the field, all sure to pain. Natural motion of arm swinging is miserable. Imagine at sprint motion. I'd be vomiting after ever run

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Actually, it depends on the severity of the tear. Nevertheless, on the short term, the pain would make it impossible. I don't have one on the right. I paddled the Grand Canyon, duct-taping my arm to my belly at night to sleep and paddling through the pain until the Adrenalin in the rapids kicked in the next AM. They didn't even know it was missing until they went in to repair it. However, over many years, I'd trained my deltoid to do the work of the cuff, while thinking I was rehabbing the cuff. This is not a course I'd recommend for a future NFL star. He needs - and will probably receive - quick surgery...

bamablood6

1st Team
Mar 27, 2006
no.
1. it hurts like hell
2. wouldn't be able to lift his arm
I just recently (a few months back) had surgery on a severe torn rotator and torn SLAP (Labrum). I dealt with the pain for awhile before the surgery...I am in the Army, so had to carry heavy stuff while in gear, push ups all the time etc. It hurt but I worked thru it for a long time. Coached my sons football team and threw passes all practice and could get in about 30 throws until it really bothered me (afterwards suck), but I didnt take hits on it. but it hurts and I feel sorry for him. The rehab for surgery is long....

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I just recently (a few months back) had surgery on a severe torn rotator and torn SLAP (Labrum). I dealt with the pain for awhile before the surgery...I am in the Army, so had to carry heavy stuff while in gear, push ups all the time etc. It hurt but I worked thru it for a long time. Coached my sons football team and threw passes all practice and could get in about 30 throws until it really bothered me (afterwards suck), but I didnt take hits on it. but it hurts and I feel sorry for him. The rehab for surgery is long....
Actually, I'll take a cuff tear over a labrum any day. I can function without the cuff, except the teres minor in the back because my labrum is intact. Also, my massage therapist has told me that I have successfully remodeled the TM, normally just a noodle, into a more robust muscle...

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
I went about almost a week before I went to the doctor for my torn rotator. The pain was unbelievable. I couldn't lift my arm at all. I still have pain to this day.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
This sucks for him and the team, but unfortunately injuries are inevitable. I hope he recovers soon and that the other receivers (there are plenty) can step up.

cooleddie

1st Team
Jul 27, 2003
pensacola,fl
Man, I hate to hear that for Foster. I look forward to watching him next season. It sounds like a perfect opportunity for Chis Black to step in and get some work. It's a good thing that Mulaney is emerging as a pretty solid possession receiver as well.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.