I actually feel better about this Alabama team after the game

PitMaster

Suspended
Aug 24, 2015
This was a freakish game in many ways - no one mentions ole miss winning all the challenges, including the crucial "Swag" fumble or throw that would have been 6 for us.

BUT - you if you really feel better about losing a home game after...

FIVE turnovers and poor QB decisions that could have upped that number

Pathetic special teams play

A secondary that cannot find the ball

NO turnovers created against a team that could not run the ball and have a brand new QB

A PK that still looks shaky

The loss of Robert Foster

Another game with no deep throws completed

Questionable Play Calling

AND - a QB Carousel still spinning in week 3

IF you feel BETTER - well, I think that is absurd.

There are reasons to be hopeful, but to feel better coming out of that game than going in seems to be a bit of playing to the crowd here imo :rolleyes:

Blindside13

All-SEC
Oct 22, 2011
Near the Barn
Sorry I meant to add that if we lose to Georgia, I think subsequent losses to A&M and LSU are likely, with another loss possibly thrown in. Then we'd be looking at the worst season since Saban's first year here. The Georgia game is really a "crossroads" type of game if you ask me.
I was telling co workers today the same thing. If we lose to UGA and get down by a couple of scores to a team like the aggies or the corndogs I think we will lose that game. I am not calling it giving up but I am not sure the team would have the motivation to get back in it. We have certainly seen games in the past when Bama has nothing to play for it is like the players do not care as much about the outcome.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Good post Krazy. I think this team found out who they were and who their field general was in the loss.
At least from an O-line and D-line perspective. They could have conceded the game in the third quarter and again in the fourth, but didn't. They fought back tenaciously.
Coker showed a lot of fight, and the team seemed to feed off of that.
I hate a loss, but that was a very good Ole Sis team out there and you can't turn the ball over that many times against them.
I also watched the GA and LSU games and don't believe we'll have a problem with either of them. Neither can throw the ball downfield with consistency and I think that is what it will take to beat us again.
LSU doesn't scare me at all, but UGA and aTm are a little troublesome especially aTm. The concern about UGA is us covering their tightend and Coker not panicking in Athens, but we SHOULD win. atm is troublesome because of their pass rush and the fact their offense is very dangerous if not kept in check.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
The UGA game could be the difference in a good season or a disappointing season. The coaches have their work cut out for them before October 3rd.

Power Eye

All-SEC
Aug 3, 2005
The UGA game could be the difference in a good season or a disappointing season. The coaches have their work cut out for them before October 3rd.
The UGA game is an interesting matchup. They are almost a mirror image of us. They may be a little better on offense, but we are probably better on defense. The thing that gives me the most comfort about that game is that our defense is built for their offensive attack. Grayson Lambert just doesn't scare me as a QB. I realize he went 24/25 against USC, but he went 0/11 in the first half against Vandy and he really isn't a threat to stretch the field.

My hope this week is that the Saban and Kiffin give Coker the reins so that he can play a little more relaxed against LA-Monroe. I think this could be a big confidence boost going in to the UGA game.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

There are reasons to be hopeful, but to feel better coming out of that game than going in seems to be a bit of playing to the crowd here imo :rolleyes:
Going into the game a lot of people discussed how little we really knew about this Alabama team. Well, we know a lot more about this team now than we did before the loss. We know that they have a huge amount of talent and that they have the hearts of champions.

Yes, they made a lot of mistakes. But how could you watch them fight back time after time and NOT feel better about this team than you did before the loss? Are results the only thing that matter? Isn't it enough that they fought like that and stuck together to the bitter end, never giving up?

TideFan in AU

Hall of Fame
Going into the game a lot of people discussed how little we really knew about this Alabama team. Well, we know a lot more about this team now than we did before the loss. We know that they have a huge amount of talent and that they have the hearts of champions.

Yes, they made a lot of mistakes. But how could you watch them fight back time after time and NOT feel better about this team than you did before the loss? Are results the only thing that matter? Isn't it enough that they fought like that and stuck together to the bitter end, never giving up?
I get the feeling that Pit Master is more of a brisket guy than a butt guy, if you know what I'm saying...

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
I enjoy football more as I age. It works for me to remember each new season is a blank page, and all the expectations I have are meaningless - this team isn't about what I think they are capable of, or the hopes I have for them. It is about what they do on the field against the best competition in America. I'm looking forward to next week.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
This was a freakish game in many ways - no one mentions ole miss winning all the challenges, including the crucial "Swag" fumble or throw that would have been 6 for us.

BUT - you if you really feel better about losing a home game after...

FIVE turnovers and poor QB decisions that could have upped that number

Pathetic special teams play

A secondary that cannot find the ball

NO turnovers created against a team that could not run the ball and have a brand new QB

A PK that still looks shaky

The loss of Robert Foster

Another game with no deep throws completed

Questionable Play Calling

AND - a QB Carousel still spinning in week 3

Spot on. No one is saying we are totally in the ditch, but to ignore obvious problems and put a smiley face on this game is delusional.

Last edited:

92teamownsall

Scout Team
Sep 10, 2013
I would like to say that is the best analysis of the game I have read. :BigA:[/QUO

Kudos to this. Thanks for your time in writing this post. It's better than half the garbage analysis on ESPN that makes it seem like we were manhandled. Sometimes the best team on the field doesn't win.

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
OK. Let's remember board rules about sparring and getting personal. Warning

trenda

Hall of Fame
May 17, 2000
Hendersonville, TN USA
Turnovers are not a fluke. Six turnovers are DEFINITELY not a fluke. That is called 'a problem'

I like the optimism. That's cool. But there are a couple real issues on this team that must get corrected. We have the alleged best coaching staff in CFB; let's see if they earn their money

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Agree with this. Agree with Krazy too. This team has a lot of upside; but the "fluke" mistakes show that there is a lack of focus/discipline, a lack of confidence or some combination of the two.

Hoping they get it all together because the ceiling is really high for this team. Would love to see it happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
Here's why I don't. OLine play has left a lot to be desired.
You can look at the other games and raise your own concerns, but if we're talking about the Ole Miss game, I wonder how many people realize #5 is the best player in college football. You put him in the game, you have to account for him, and when you know Alabama is going to pass... bad things are going to happen. It's pick your poison at that point.

The key to dealing with #5 and the Ole Miss defense was a balanced offense, and Alabama was playing from behind the entire game.

The team has areas it needs to improve, and it should, but watching the game, almost all the issues I saw were a direct result of low probability events that occurred earlier. These things compounded upon themselves and were further compounded by a few low probability events later.

I think they will improve, in some ways I think they have, but:
"Florida, Alabama and Mississippi State are the only three teams returning fewer than three starting offensive linemen."

Alabama is nearly dead last in the SEC in returning starters.Odds are this team gets better as the season goes on.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.