Pulling the Redshirt

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
I'd rather work on what caused us to lose 5 turn-overs to Ole Miss..Correct what led to those TO's & we win the game pretty easily..Ole Miss came to BDS ready to play & we didn't in more area's of the game than not & that includes coaching at times..JMO

TAKEPRIDE22

2nd Team
Jul 21, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Yes, we got beat, but whipped out tails, really, were you watching the same game.....yes we have a lot of issues that are fixable, but as Coach Saban said, you can't gift your opponent 31 points and expect to win the game. Also, lets be realistic, the pass thrown up for grabs was a fluke TD, if you do that 10 time 9 times it is batted down or intercepted. The busted play on pass coverage where Kelly was thought to have crossed the line of scrimmage should have been called back for linemen (not 3 but 6 yards) down field. You take either of those two plays away and we win straight up. We played well enough to win if not for all the turn overs and that is against maybe the best defense we will face all year.
I agree with this^^^^

TAKEPRIDE22

2nd Team
Jul 21, 2011
Birmingham, AL
I'd rather work on what caused us to lose 5 turn-overs to Ole Miss..Correct what led to those TO's & we win the game pretty easily..Ole Miss came to BDS ready to play & we didn't in more area's of the game than not & that includes coaching at times..JMO
This is what I have been telling my friends...we have correctable issues...pretty much outplayed them on paper, just have to correct these issues.

ccc2259

All-American
Oct 29, 2010
Lower Alabama
The game is what it is. We were lucky to keep hanging around.
I must have been watching a different game. Just for the sake of argument, count the interceptions as us getting whipped. Count the fumbles as us getting whipped. But you cannot count that Ole Miss TD pass where the lineman was 5+ yards downfield, and that tipped ball that bounced off our guy's helmet as us getting whipped. That was pure luck on Ole Miss' part.

I know that luck is part of the game. But I didn't see a game where we got our butts whipped and were lucky to hang around.

Alabama22

1st Team
Aug 3, 2010
Alabama
I can't think of any reason to do that. It would be bad for the team, and totally unfair to Blake. Coker is the starter.
THIS! It would be an act of desperation to put BB into the line-up, and the players would know it. Jake has a lot of growing/learning ahead of him, but what he did on Saturday night showed me something I didn't think he had in him. This team still has potential to get to the final four. The odds aren't with them, but it's not impossible if they improve from game to game. The Georgia game will be key and will tell us pretty much all we need to know.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.