Link: Urban Meyer's Family is Not Happy with College Gameday

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
With fame and fortune comes this type of headache. As long as they are happy spending the money that he is being paid, they need to keep it in perspective.

bama_wayne1

All-American
Jun 15, 2007
So on top of everything else he has to deal with a bunch of cry babies at home?? Poor Urban. ..lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

tidefanbeezer

All-American
Sep 25, 2006
Atlanta, GA
Well, the good news his family can discuss it at length in the weeks to come, since he took all that time off for health and to spend time with his family......

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
The sign was not in good taste but lets be real: when you're in this profession at his level, you are getting paid a ton partly due to the negativity your family has to suffer from your own partisans when you don't win and the other team's fans when you do. Expressing your anger for the poor taste is not going to stop it, it is just going to stoke the flames.

rtcjny

All-SEC
Jan 27, 2011
Hartselle ,AL
The sign was not in good taste but lets be real: when you're in this profession at his level, you are getting paid a ton partly due to the negativity your family has to suffer from your own partisans when you don't win and the other team's fans when you do. Expressing your anger for the poor taste is not going to stop it, it is just going to stoke the flames.
That sign was in great taste. Everyone except his family, OSU fans, Tim Tebow, and Aaron Hernandez know he faked it to get away from having to take on Saban every year.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida

Well said rgw....I agree

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
And good for his family for having his back:

Shelley Meyer ‏@spinnershells

@CollegeGameDay @pizzahut ok that's not funny AT ALL. VERY classless. I'm pretty shocked at you. #EnoughIsEnough #stopthehate

Nicki Meyer ‏@Nicki_07

Shame on the fan for that sign but even more shame on @CollegeGameDay for promoting such trash. Someone's health isn't a joke - classLESS.

Gigi Meyer ‏@GG_40

Gigi Meyer retweeted
Makes me sick. "Appropriate" my a**. Stick to what happens on the field. That's all y'all know anything about. https://twitter.com/collegegameday/status/645276123111268352 …

CrimsonPride

1st Team
Dec 9, 2001
Chattanooga, TN
his name and likeness aren't even on the sign, its like they are admitting he faked a heart attack lol
Exactly. The fact that their first thought was of UM when they saw the sign, speaks volumes. As my husband says, they are "jive sensitive".

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
I choose to give people the benefit of the doubt. Everyone who says Urban faked a heart attack so he could get out of the SEC is guessing. Shame on you if you're wrong.

Regardless, the Meyer family reacted the same way mine would have.

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
People in this country have no since of humor. Guess they were desperate for a headline.

You know what is classless Meyer family, claiming health issues and needing to spend time with family then jumping on the first big coaching job thrown your way. Makes it seem like he just wanted out of the horrible situation he had created in UF.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.