Taking my 6 yr old to his first game

BamaFanTN

3rd Team
Mar 1, 2011
Melbourne, FL
I am taking my 6 yr old to his first Bama game to the Charleston Southern game on Nov. 21. I have not gotten tickets yet but have lined up airfare and a hotel in Birmingham for Friday and Saturday nights. Any suggestions on where to get tickets and where to try to sit? I would rather not be at the very top but upper section is ok. As this is his first game I want him to really be able to see the action. Also any suggestions for things to see and do in T-town that day considering his age. I have heard the Bear Bryant Museum is good.

Any advice from you all would be greatly appreciated. :biggrin2:

capnfrog

All-American
Aug 17, 2002
Pell city, Al. U.S.A.
I took my 6 year old grandson to his first game when we played MTSU 3 weeks ago. I parked close to the stadium (3 blks away for $30) and bought 2 tickets from a guy on the street, on the 45 yd line for $75 each. I was well pleased and had very good seats. (gate 34-36, sect. FF, row 32) Close to the bathrooms and close to concessions. We enjoyed walking thru the quad and denny chimes. If you are looking for 2 tickets hold 2 fingers up and some one will show you what they have. If they ask $100, counter offer with $70. Better seats cost more so don't settle for the nose bleed section if you can help, unless that's what you want.

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
I am taking my 6 yr old to his first Bama game to the Charleston Southern game on Nov. 21. I have not gotten tickets yet but have lined up airfare and a hotel in Birmingham for Friday and Saturday nights. Any suggestions on where to get tickets and where to try to sit? I would rather not be at the very top but upper section is ok. As this is his first game I want him to really be able to see the action. Also any suggestions for things to see and do in T-town that day considering his age. I have heard the Bear Bryant Museum is good.

Any advice from you all would be greatly appreciated. :biggrin2:
Stubhub will likely have tickets at face value, but as the other poster said you can find them there as well.

If you'll pm me I also know a guy you can get tickets from, I'm not sure for how much but they shouldn't be too bad.

As far as activities, I would suggest the museum, the walk of champions, and a walk through the quad to see some of the sites.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

BamaFanTN

3rd Team
Mar 1, 2011
Melbourne, FL
I took my 6 year old grandson to his first game when we played MTSU 3 weeks ago. I parked close to the stadium (3 blks away for $30) and bought 2 tickets from a guy on the street, on the 45 yd line for $75 each. I was well pleased and had very good seats. (gate 34-36, sect. FF, row 32) Close to the bathrooms and close to concessions. We enjoyed walking thru the quad and denny chimes. If you are looking for 2 tickets hold 2 fingers up and some one will show you what they have. If they ask $100, counter offer with $70. Better seats cost more so don't settle for the nose bleed section if you can help, unless that's what you want.
That sounds like a good idea. I am willing to pay to be in better seats as we will only be getting to one game a year and this is his first. Do you think I would have any trouble getting tickets? With the flights, hotel and rental car I don't want to end up without tickets.

Thanks for the info this is what I need!

DaleC76

3rd Team
Dec 5, 2006
You should have no trouble finding good seats either on campus or online relatively cheap. The museum is a must, also try the Walk of Champions, visiting the Quad, watching the band play outside the stadium and march in, and checking out vendors.

Hope you all have fun.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

BAMAFAN1967

Aug 21, 2006
My wife and I are taking our 5 year old to this game, it will be his first. I got our tickets from the university's official athletic website, paid face value of $50.00ea plus with each ticket you get a $10.00 value that can be redeemed at any concession.

trenda

Hall of Fame
May 17, 2000
Hendersonville, TN USA
There are a lot of fun things for a 6yr to experience on and around the quad. The Elephant Stomp and pep rally on the quad is usually pretty fun, as is their ensuing march to the stadium.

gumptider

1st Team
Sep 24, 2008
I took my 6-year-old son last weekend to Ole Miss. He has been to a Bama game before, but this was his first big game. I second what some others have said about the Quad, the Walk of Champions when the players come in, and the general stadium area.

On the Quad, there are jumpy houses and things like that. Just caution that if you're on the east side of the Quad and he sees that, it's all over for about 30 minutes and $20. My son had a great time, though, and couldn't tell you who won. It was all about having fun.

tide96

All-SEC
Oct 4, 2005
People will be giving them away for almost nothing before the game.

Teach him to barter early. :)

Vinny

Hall of Fame
Sep 27, 2001
Rockaway, NJ
We took our son to his 1st Bama game for homecoming. He was 3 at the time we made it through halftime. He had a good time, but it was a long day with the parade in the morning. Thankfully the guy with anger management issues that sits in front of me was on good behavior.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BamaFanTN

3rd Team
Mar 1, 2011
Melbourne, FL
Thanks everyone, great info, I will definitely take advantage of it all. I took him to a TN Titans game last year as a test run (home town team at the time) and he didn't want to leave even though they were getting killed and he loves Bama so I think he will have a ball. (So will Dad!)

bicdrive

Aug 6, 2007
I will be taking my 6 year old daughter to her 1st Bama game this weekend! At the time, we were concerned about the weather (if it would rain). So, we chose to go with tickets in the "The Zone (North)". Purchased them off Stubhub from a guy located in Atlanta. Shipped to my house in two days! I am really excited to experience my 1st game with my only child!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.