Mississippi Coast Ole Miss Fan Reaction And Comments

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
Honestly, they've been pretty good. Not one has tried to rub it in my face.
All, honestly, have acknowledged that the lineman was downfield on the long TD.
They do get a little testy when hearing about the fluke play. One of my best friends, who is a Rebel fan, said, "It might have been luck, but that's happened to everybody at some point and it's just a part of the game". True. Very true.
In conversations, my analysis has been that, ultimately, after all the flukes and what if's, we had the ball, down by six, with three minutes to go in the game. They stopped us and deserved the win.
They agreed with me but didn't boast, and I honestly think they appreciated the objectivity.
I'll say this. They're not treating this as a huge upset. They honestly felt that they were going to win.
BUT, they all said something that has stood out to me.
Five or six of them have said, "If Coker starts it's a different outcome". And that's the die hards who think Ole Miss can beat the Packers.
Maybe Jake should indeed be our QB.
sip

BornABamaFan

2nd Team
Nov 22, 2011
Brandon,MS
You know Alasippi, it's been pretty much the same for me here in central Ms. I honestly was dreading going to work on Monday but surprisingly I've had none rub it in my face. Those that spoke just stated that they thought for sure Bama was coming back at the end. One of my students described the fluke play as the "Jesus Play". I told him congrats & said isn't that the first time OM has won in your lifetime? He said what do you mean, we won last year... And then he just looked up and smiled and said yes that's the first time we've won in my lifetime at Alabama. I spoke with a lady yesterday who was at the game with her husband and she flat out said.. Thank God the game didn't last 10 more minutes. Probably one of the biggest surprises is that I haven't seen OM flags on so many cars this week, make that none.
I'll admit, I was super bummed for a good three days but to think it's our first home loss to them since the last century.. I'll take those head to head stats any day & be thankful I live in Mississippi as an Alabama fan!

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
It is interesting. I`ve heard a bunch of folks over here in Georgia, even Auburn people, say they thought OM was ready to go if the game lasted just a few more minutes. Can`t help but notice what a win, any kind of win, against us will do for a team in the polls, too.

Lost in TN

1st Team
Sep 20, 2009
Collierville, TN
They do get a little testy when hearing about the fluke play. One of my best friends, who is a Rebel fan, said, "It might have been luck, but that's happened to everybody at some point and it's just a part of the game". True. Very true.
In conversations, my analysis has been that, ultimately, after all the flukes and what if's, we had the ball, down by six, with three minutes to go in the game. They stopped us and deserved the win.
They agreed with me but didn't boast, and I honestly think they appreciated the objectivity.
I'll say this. They're not treating this as a huge upset. They honestly felt that they were going to win.
Five or six of them have said, "If Coker starts it's a different outcome". And that's the die hards who think Ole Miss can beat the Packers.
sip
You need to move to Memphis. Up here they are convinced that they won by 85 points, there is no such rule as lineman downfield, the fluke play was planned and practiced, they definitely want out of the SEC so they can join the NFL, beating Alabama is "the New Normal", and they have not shut up. I received 20 text messages yesterday alone and I am the one who never says a word after the games.

They have succeeded in making Auburn Fans look classy.

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
sip
Thanks for sharing...

RollinTider1335

All-SEC
Jun 12, 2010
Spring Hill, TN
My experience has been Ole Miss fans are pretty realistic about the their program. Ole Miss is Ole Miss and Bama is Bama. Most of my family is in Miss and there has always been mutual respect.

It was a great game and they deserved to win. Sometimes it is just your day. We have had those too. Proud of the grit our boys showed!

Congrats Rebs!

RTR

Ace14bama

Nov 15, 2014
I wish I could say the same. I guess it just depends on the people themselves. I've had it rubbed in my face all week. Stuff like Ole Miss is clearly the better team...this is the end of Bama's dominance in the west...etc. I just remind them that we are in the same spot that we were this time last year and we still won the SEC (not saying that's what's gonna happen this year). They just shrug and smile and say we will see. Then I get mad and tell them to come back and talk to me when they can put a complete year together and actually win something that has a nationally recognized trophy involved. Pretty frustrating having to deal with them. Then regarding this past game, it's even more sickening...to the ones I talk to it was more about the player putting himself in position to be successful on the luck play...and wasn't just luck. And they also don't want to talk about the QB made a bad decision in throwing it in the first place...they look at that as he intended everything that happened and they keep annointing messiah. They always want and are hoping for more demise on the Bama front.

RollinTider1335

All-SEC
Jun 12, 2010
Spring Hill, TN
I did have UTenn fans call me to rub it in after the loss. They are the most classless group. I have never seen a "good" ut fan. I guess its because they have no hope for another year.

ChattTide

All-SEC
Jul 20, 2000
Memphis, TN
You need to move to Memphis. Up here they are convinced that they won by 85 points, there is no such rule as lineman downfield, the fluke play was planned and practiced, they definitely want out of the SEC so they can join the NFL, beating Alabama is "the New Normal", and they have not shut up. I received 20 text messages yesterday alone and I am the one who never says a word after the games.

Well, not all Memphis has been that way, thank the good Lord. I had nary a co-worker or church member want to talk to me on Sunday or Monday and I thought I was in a pleasant mood both days. The only thing I have heard from my students has been "hotty toddy", to which I reply that they are too young to drink and I'm glad I cheer for a school that doesn't use profanity in a cheer.

They don't know the words to Rammer Jammer:)

Roll Tide!!
ChattTide

Alabama22

1st Team
Aug 3, 2010
Alabama
At least they have some class in your area!

If Coker starts, does he play with a sense of urgency like he did? That is the question I have been wondering.
Think about this. If the coin toss is different, Ole Miss receives the opening kickoff and it's probably a totally different game. Luck has a lot to do with games like this sometimes. The stars simply were not aligned for Alabama last Saturday. But you never know, this may have been just what the doctor ordered to pull Coker out of his shell and lead this team...and it may be what our guys needed to realize just how good they really can be. We shall see.

RJ YellowHammer

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
Memphis, Tn
I've been hearing all about it at work. They really went out of their way. It's mostly good natured ribbing.

^the place where our employees sign in/out^

^the 'lineup' I use to keep track of what time each employee comes to work at. Notice they put the score next to each time start.^

You'd tell them to act like they've been there before, but.... Ole Miss. :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RJ YellowHammer

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
Memphis, Tn

I live in Arlington and work in Tunica. You kind of have to give the Rebel Black Bear fans a pass. This is all very new to them.

irNate

1st Team
Nov 19, 2010
Snellville, GA
I have Auburn friends, I have UGA friends, I have UT friends, I have UF friends, even FSU, ND, tOSU, a few LSU friends etc, one thing I don't have is Ole Miss friends and there is a reason for it

bamablood6

1st Team
Mar 27, 2006
You know Alasippi, it's been pretty much the same for me here in central Ms. I honestly was dreading going to work on Monday but surprisingly I've had none rub it in my face. Those that spoke just stated that they thought for sure Bama was coming back at the end. One of my students described the fluke play as the "Jesus Play". I told him congrats & said isn't that the first time OM has won in your lifetime? He said what do you mean, we won last year... And then he just looked up and smiled and said yes that's the first time we've won in my lifetime at Alabama. I spoke with a lady yesterday who was at the game with her husband and she flat out said.. Thank God the game didn't last 10 more minutes. Probably one of the biggest surprises is that I haven't seen OM flags on so many cars this week, make that none.
I'll admit, I was super bummed for a good three days but to think it's our first home loss to them since the last century.. I'll take those head to head stats any day & be thankful I live in Mississippi as an Alabama fan!
If they ever make it to a SEC Championship Game, have them give me a call. Is this the year they finally make it....somehow I doubt it, if history has anything to do with it. They are in a great group that has never been to a SEC Championship Game (not counting recent addition TX AM). Vanderbilt, Kentucky and Ole Miss.

Now just think about that.....

ptw1961

1st Team
Dec 8, 2011
Game was galling on so many fronts. I live in Hoover and have an Ole Miss fan who lives right across the street. He always has his colonel Reb in his front yard- but he has not said a word.

Losing 2 years in a row to that program is hard to accept- especially the way both games were lost. Do not remember a fumble on a kick off in any games the last 5 years except Ole Miss the last 2 years. Losing to Freeze is like losing to Malzahn- although I think Freeze is far dirtier than Gus will ever be. Would venture to say there has been more " extra benefits" handed out to some of their top talent in the last 3 years since the SMU days of the 80's. Just too much smoke over there in Oxford. You can tell I am not a fan, right?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.