Bill Clinton's Incredibly Short Memory

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
http://www.cnn.com/2015/09/25/politics/bill-clinton-fareed-zakaria-donald-trump-interview/index.html

Bill Clinton said Friday he believes Republicans are exaggerating scandals against his wife, using the scrutiny over her email use while at the State Department to tear her down.

In a related story, LBJ suggests that if Barry Goldwater is elected then America will wind up in a war. (Incidentally, it was LBJ who.....)

"I actually am amazed that she's borne up under it as well as she has."

Gee, if she can't handle pressure over emails, it's a good thing she's not running for a job that has any earth-shattering responsibility now, right?

But I have never seen so much expended on so little

Bill Clinton has literally forgotten his own Presidency or else he's lying again.

In the rest of the article, though, he at least comes across as pretty coherent if still the partisan hack he's always been. Maybe the journalist is spinning, too?

TideWatcher

All-SEC
Dec 11, 2006
newton county, ms
With regard to the Hillary situation, I am surprised no one has put forth the possibility she might actually be a traitor, and intentionally made her email vulnerable. That may not be the case, but surely it should be considered a possibility.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
SBTF, I don't think Bill Clinton has a short memory.

I think he's banking on the general public having a short memory -- which is usually a good assumption.

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
The Clintons are usjng the same old strategy theey've always used. Stonewall, obfuscate, lie. Then when new damaging information is presented, it's "We've already been over that. Time to move on."

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
SBTF, I don't think Bill Clinton has a short memory.

I think he's banking on the general public having a short memory -- which is usually a good assumption.
Compared to Selma, everyone has a short memory.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Compared to Selma, everyone has a short memory.
I knew someone was going to say that, but seriously........you'd think a guy would remember a year on the hot seat and pressure cooker and losing his law license and being impeached for that matter. That does not require anything resembling my caudate nucleus, :)

I've always thought Bill Clinton played that 'wronged party' thing pretty well, but Hillary can't pull that off. Part of the reason is because she's incapable of hiding her deep-seated ambition to rule the world. The first time I ever saw those two together ("60 Minutes," 1/26/92) he appeared to me to be a likable enough fella and just watching her eyes the lust for power was so obvious. In fact, I thought he played Steve Kroft like a fiddle, and Kroft may as well have been reading an insulting script written by Clinton to give the appearance of arrogance (ANY journalist who refers to a marriage as 'an arrangement you're comfortable with' is a troll or an idiot).

The thing to me is this.......Bill Clinton, more than any other President in my lifetime, was worried about his 'legacy.' My God, they were talking about him in the same breath with FDR before he even got elected!!! This is a self-centered egomaniac who - I get the idea - spent eight years reading the paper every single day to see how popular he was, that guy we all knew in high school who was popular and his moves were all calculated to be Mr Popular. I DO think Clinton was/is a smart enough guy but he was more worried about his approval rating than actually moving the country forward - after he got bombed in the health care thing, he never really tried anything bold ever again.

I say that to say this. His legacy right now? He's the stiff between two Bushes, which given his history is probably just what he'd like to be. But in all honesty, what will the guy be remembered for a century from now when all those who were alive during the 'feel good era' of the 90s are dead and in the grave? His most memorable speech was under the duress of investigation, just like Nixon (and even Nixon is recalled better with his taking us off the gold standard and 'going to China'). Statistics will show the economy was actually growing when he won. He didn't win a World War or end a Cold War, he didn't create

Clinton himself said at one point that when you're looking at the great Presidents of all-time, it never really matters what 'the economy' was like - the point being there were 'great Presidents' with 'terrible economies' (I realize FDR inherited his but it took WW2 to get us out of it) and terrible Presidents (Harding) with great economies.

And given his obsession with his legacy, I get the idea he doesn't REALLY want Hillary to be President for no other reason than by mere virtue of the historical import, she'll be bigger than he ever dreamed of being. He manages to say some incredibly stupid things while guiding her campaign. (I also don't get his so-called political genius because almost everyone else he advises loses......there's a difference between being politically instictive for yourself (which he's good at) and telling someone else how they SHOULD react (he gets idealistic on that sometimes).

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
With regard to the Hillary situation, I am surprised no one has put forth the possibility she might actually be a traitor, and intentionally made her email vulnerable. That may not be the case, but surely it should be considered a possibility.
I guess Trump hasn't thought of that yet.:rolleyes:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.