Offense out of sync ....

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I've watched a couple of their games and I have seen their OL break down. It doesn't seem to bother him much...
So have I and I agree 100%. He has the ability to make folks miss or just slide off of him when they try to tackle him. He is an amazing player - and if that doesn't work, he runs over them like Trent used to do. By the end of the game, the other team is almost looking the other way when he gets the ball.

He instills fear in his opponents.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
He makes Barn defensive backs try to tackle him around the neck. That play looked like a school yard game of smear when the biggest guy has the ball and nobody really wants to tackle him so you try without really trying.

BamaBuc

All-American
May 12, 2003
St. Pete Beach, FL
crimson-fan.neocities.org
Re: Offense

Coker is absolutely lost. He can come from the sidelines and not know the play. And it seems he likes to audible with about 3 seconds on the clock. He shouldnt be allowed to throw the ball over 15 yards. He just throws up a prayer. He stares down his first read and its usually obvious where we are trying to go with the football.

The WR's does not help him even when he does put it on target. Never seen so many WR drops. Anything that has Ardarius Stewart involved turns up bad.

Kenyan Drake looks like he is auditioning for Dancing with the Stars.

Ever notice when Derrick Henry runs left, its always a 10 yard gain?

Offensive line run blocks like were running a screen play.

All together the whole Offense is on the field begging for someone to step up and lead. That could be Derrick Henry but we choose to sparringly give him the ball and most the time its up the middle for a 2 yard gain.

Love Alabama, but this is hard to watch

ROLL TIDE
Kenyan is at least able to make up a little for a porous 'O' line.
His long run of the year was purely his ability to reverse his direction with speed, if not he would have been hung out to dry with a loss of 4 yds. on that play!
Henry was sick last week, that is why his touches were limited against La. Monroe, against Ole Miss well that was self evident!
As for 'O' line, just can't see what Coach Saban sees?
All in All if the team is going to stay in the playoff hunt, the 'D' is going to have to carry the team until the 'O' can get their feet on level ground at least!

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
If we're talking about the running game, Alabama just has different style backs. Alabama wanted Fournette, they didn't get him, but if they did LSU would be in trouble and everyone on Alabama's schedule would be in trouble.

Mind you, I'm not disparaging Henry or Drake, they're great, but Alabama has been missing a true power back and that's exactly what he is. He can make his own holes. Remember when some teams couldn't stop Ingram even though they knew he was going to run? The OL is part of that but so is the style of the runner.

In terms of Kiffin and the offense... the one thing that I think I'm not sure has been completely worked through is Kiffin's philosophy. I think he not only wants a TD on every drive, he darn near wants it on every play. I think he's plenty good at being an offensive coordinator, but the question is can his goals mesh with the Saban's and with what he has to work with? Last year it worked because he had some highly skilled players on offense with big play potential, this year the defense is the best attribute and figuring out how to best compliment that might very well be the thing that the offense needs most.

Last edited:

briancm

All-SEC
Feb 24, 2003
Sheffield, AL USA
He makes Barn defensive backs try to tackle him around the neck. That play looked like a school yard game of smear when the biggest guy has the ball and nobody really wants to tackle him so you try without really trying.
Yep, I told the wife AU doesn't want to tackle him. Wonder if the guy that jumped over him to avoid a hit, was one that got benched. :)

CraigD

All-American
Aug 8, 2006
Columbus, GA
I think 5 of them got benched. One was a guy who whiffed on him on a different TD run.. the guy came up to him and could have hit him but slowed down and threw an arm in LF's general direction but barely made any contact. It was bad. Talk about MTAQ...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.