Offense out of sync ....

BamaRickandLisa

Scout Team
Oct 3, 2011
Mississippi
I think it's both. The players don't have the desire that CNS thought they had. The indecisiveness over the QB situation obviously hasn't helped with the receiver, since each QB throws a different ball and timing...
Earle ,,, You think the coaches have the desire that they use to have ??

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
We do not see what the coaches watch everyday. Jake may not have earned what we think he needed.
That's a possibility, but at some point you have to wonder if CNS and clk are fighting over the direction of the offense and who has the better solution granted if there is one. I still question even the thought of Bateman being a realistic choice after the Wisconsin game, but again we don't go to practices or coaches meetings. But the biggest question would be if we were leaning in the direction of a read option then why didn't we just go with Barnett or maybe even drake if they felt Coker wasn't the answer.

It's mind boggling but I think we should win atleast 10 games when it's all said and done with a win over ut and the boogs.

tidefan39817

All-American
Jan 17, 2006
Bainbridge, Georgia
I'm starting to think that those who say we are missing those kids who have more heart than stars are on to something.
I agree. Some may be a little more concerned with getting to the league than they are for the crimson jersey on their back. Problem is though, if you get labeled with the dreaded "poor work ethic" label the NFL stands for "Not For Long". Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
We do not see what the coaches watch everyday. Jake may not have earned what we think he needed.
I'd agree with that, but it has to be someone. At this point if Bateman won't run aggressively, he's just a smaller weaker armed version of Coker. I assume the coaches wanted to and thought he would run, but he didn't. Problem is Ole Miss isn't really the right time to find that out.

Armchair quarterbacking, I know but knowing what I know now, (and this was the question I was answering when I addressed this), I think you put Coker in longer against MTSU, let him sort things out a bit more, and then you start him against Ole Miss. The question was why leave him out later instead of Bateman in the last game and that was my answer, because Coker is the guy and he needs the work. The question now is if it's too little too late.

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
I agree. Some may be a little more concerned with getting to the league than they are for the crimson jersey on their back. Problem is though, if you get labeled with the dreaded "poor work ethic" label the NFL stands for "Not For Long". Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard.
I thought that but the d this week played really hard. I think we are getting a lot of young players used to carrying the load. And Earle may be right...don't see the fire in LK or NS. LK really needs to step up his game.

ChattTide

All-SEC
Jul 20, 2000
Memphis, TN
Re: Offense

I honestly don't think CNS has lost his fire. I think he actually does think like the Ezell video a few years ago that, "The day I can't get you guys to do it right, I'm going to go to the lake, sit on the dock and watch the ducks ----- in the yard!"

I have no idea about CLK. A friend of mine and I were talking today (Florida fan). His opinion is that the OC is the problem. He asked me to tell him when he has been successful. I brought up USC and he said that was with bought players. I really couldn't answer. Deep down I want to believe this will all get ironed out and we will look like Alabama on offense. I haven't felt this unsure about an offense in a long time, however. If this were back in the 90's or early 2000's I wouldn't worry that much because I have a lot of faith in the defense. With the spread teams that can put up points, even if it is just 14 points or more, I don't have that much faith yet our offense can keep up.

I've always said defense wins championships, but the offense has got to help them out. I believe this is a make or break game for the O. What kind of offense are we going commit to? Hopefully that will be answered BEFORE Saturday. The time to commit is now.

This is easy to say; harder to do. Let's get it Rollin', boys!!

Roll Tide!!
ChattTide

ChattTide

All-SEC
Jul 20, 2000
Memphis, TN

Sorry. I'll say one more thing and I'll shut up.

It's times like this that test leadership. I get the privilege of working with kids in a group setting where they have to rely on everyone to do the job. Know your role. If somebody doesn't do there job, we falter. When something isn't going as it should, I LOVE IT when my leaders ask me to leave the room for a moment so they can have a word with their peers. When the door shuts I smile and let them do the talking. When I come back I find my group stronger and, more importantly, more focused and willing to do whatever it takes to be the best. Why? Because they are committed to one another and are holding each other to a higher standard.

Maybe it's time for one of those "players only" meetings.

Roll Tide!!
ChattTide

markenk

1st Team
Aug 3, 2003
England
The problem with our offense is this:

The opposing team is not respecting our WRs at all. They are blitzing more and more, and our up tempo no hurdle offense is really hampering with getting our O-line settled in with their blocks against the blitz. The main difference is that other HUNH offenses adjust to the aggressive defense by looking at the sideline before the snap. We don't. If we can't stretch out the defense with vertical passing game and we cannot adjust to the run blitz, then we should just abandon this no hurdle concept and go back to the old days of power running. We are becoming extremely predictable when we go into the no hurdle mode.

BamaInMo1

All-American
Oct 27, 2006
Cumming, GA

For one, we're playing a lot of young players on both sides of the ball. That ain't a Tubberville excuse but a verifiable reality.
I think that now that Coker appears to be "The Man" now the team knows who to rally around.
We certainly have issues on offense but if they will let Coker go out and play ball and take most all of the snaps in practice and get some timing down the offense will improve (how much they will improve is anyone's guess) throughout the remainder of the season.
The UGA game this coming Saturday boils down to our defensive strength against their offensive strength. We're not going to totally shut their running game down but, as someone pointed out on here earlier ULM had greater success against UGA than they did against us.
While our offense is certainly having issues, we've scored enough to be 4-0 right now but for a fluke play and a TD that really wasn't. We're going to have a good season. We may not win a NC this season but we'll be good.

uaintn

All-American
Aug 2, 2000
franklin, tennessee, usa
Defenses have three legitimate chances at our passing game. First, there is a chance our o-line misses a stunt, blitz just plain whiffs and they get to Coker. Second, there is a decent chance that Coker will throw late and/or behind the receiver. Third, there is also a decent chance that our WR will not be where he should be because he broke off a route, got knocked off the route, or will just plain drop a ball that he had both hands on.

No reason to respect our passing game thus far.

I do start to wonder if Coker was sick and missed so much practice the coaches did not wan to let him go against Mississippi. He sure could have used those reps.

I expect UGA to crowd the line, stop our running backs, and depend on us to be mediocre in the passing game. If our WRs would just catch the balls they get their hands on, I'd feel a lot better about Saturday.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Defenses have three legitimate chances at our passing game. First, there is a chance our o-line misses a stunt, blitz just plain whiffs and they get to Coker. Second, there is a decent chance that Coker will throw late and/or behind the receiver. Third, there is also a decent chance that our WR will not be where he should be because he broke off a route, got knocked off the route, or will just plain drop a ball that he had both hands on.

No reason to respect our passing game thus far.

I do start to wonder if Coker was sick and missed so much practice the coaches did not wan to let him go against Mississippi. He sure could have used those reps.

I expect UGA to crowd the line, stop our running backs, and depend on us to be mediocre in the passing game. If our WRs would just catch the balls they get their hands on, I'd feel a lot better about Saturday.
Obviously, that's the "book" on Bama this year. Until we make them pay, it's the gameplan we'll face all year. Our running game couldn't even get traction against LAM because of it. Their safeties were in our backfield immediately. The mid-range passing game simply has to get better. As I said way above, our receivers made Coker look a lot worse than he should have...

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I thought that but the d this week played really hard. I think we are getting a lot of young players used to carrying the load. And Earle may be right...don't see the fire in LK or NS. LK really needs to step up his game.
I don't see anything missing in CNS at all. I think he's very frustrated...

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Obviously, that's the "book" on Bama this year. Until we make them pay, it's the gameplan we'll face all year. Our running game couldn't even get traction against LAM because of it. Their safeties were in our backfield immediately. The mid-range passing game simply has to get better. As I said way above, our receivers made Coker look a lot worse than he should have...
I hope LK learned his lesson... This weekend game will tell us a lot about Kiffin and the offense going forward...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.