Link: NASA To Reveal 'Mars Mystery Solved' Monday

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
flowing water http://www.theguardian.com/science/2015/sep/28/nasa-scientists-find-evidence-flowing-water-mars

Liquid water runs down canyons and crater walls over the summer months on Mars, according to researchers who say the discovery raises the chances of being home to some form of life.

The trickles leave long, dark stains on the Martian terrain that can reach hundreds of metres downhill in the warmer months, before they dry up in the autumn as surface temperatures drop.

Images taken from the Mars orbit show cliffs, and the steep walls of valleys and craters, streaked with summertime flows that in the most active spots combine to form intricate fan-like patterns.

mittman

All-American
Jun 19, 2009
I have never really understood absolute equating H20 with the likelihood of life existing. Of course the fact that water being there makes it more likely that a planet CAN (or at some point COULD) sustain life forms as we understand it. The lowest odds I have ever seen postulated was 1 in 10^40 with what are considered perfect conditions. I am not talking about Drake or Seager here. Once we get past the hurdles of existence, detecting adds a whole new factor to the statistical analysis. I am also not talking about intelligent life evolving. That requires dependent steps and more factors. Just the first step.

I find it very unsurprising that H20 exists on Mars or on any planet located in the appropriate regions of their solar system. In fact it would surprise me more if we didn't find it. It is a pretty simple task to burn the proper ratio of hydrogen and oxygen and make water.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
Limbaugh thinks its all made up to support a left wing agenda.:rolleyes:
I said 'look at the temperature data, that has been reported by NASA, has been made up, it's fraudulent for however many years, there isn't any warming, there hasn't been for 18.5 years. And yet, they're lying about it. They're just making up the amount of ice in the North and South Poles, they're making up the temperatures, they're lying and making up false charts and so forth. So what's to stop them from making up something that happened on Mars that will help advance their left-wing agenda on this planet?'
http://mediamatters.org/video/2015/09/28/after-nasa-announces-it-found-water-on-mars-rus/205820
The guy's a jerk.:rolleye2:

Elefantman

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2007
R Can Saw
Limbaugh thinks its all made up to support a left wing agenda.:rolleyes:

The guy's a jerk.:rolleye2:
What is their plan? Inhabit Mars with three liberals. Make it the 51st state. Two of the inhabitants will be US senators and the other will be the house rep of the 1st district on Mars.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.