Pick the score: Georgia vs. Alabama

bamafan_bdb

1st Team
Jan 14, 2004
UGA 31 Bama 17

Just going by what I've seen the last few weeks. Our offense seems totally lost--not a dominating OL, poor qb play, poor wr play, poor play calling. I don't think on the road against a very good team is where it all suddenly clicks. Defense is great, but I think our offense will likely put the D in some bad spots and they can only hold out so long. Hope I'm really, really wrong!

Relayer

Hall of Fame
Mar 25, 2001
If I'm honest with myself, I have to say 28-20 bad guys. My 3 UGA grad girls are gonna give me hell.

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
My heart tells me to pick Bama, my head tells me to pick UGA. Funny though, my gut seems to be leaning toward Bama. I'm not going to pick a score, but I will say that we have to win the turnover battle, and we need to keep Georgia's defense on field. If we can do those two things, and we capitalize on our opportunities, we'll win.

If not, I don't believe that this will be our last loss of the season.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
It all comes down to the offense and whether or not we can limit catastrophic mistakes, doesn't it?

I know our defense can limit them. As long as we play smart on offense we will have a chance. Otherwise, it will be a long afternoon. I would love nothing more than for Coker to have the kind of awakening performance that Sims had last year against Florida.

Alabama: 24

Georgia: 17

I think it's 17 all and we score late to win. Perhaps off a turnover or a long punt return.

mlh

All-American
Apr 28, 2004
I don't think either team will be able to do much on the ground. So that leaves us with who has the better passing game. I think that's obvious. Unless we can get a lot of pressure on Lambert, he will light us up.

If we play well and don't make a lot of mistakes - 24-21.
If we continue to have turnovers and stupid penalties - 34-10.
Either way, I think UGA wins.

Our best hope is for Pat Dye to get on the Finebaum show and say, "Bama's not man enough to beat Georgia."
(Some of you old timers will know what I'm talking about)

bobstod

All-American
Oct 13, 1999
Magnolia Springs, AL. USA
For some reason I'm feeling more confident about the Georgia game. I believe they will have to beat us with their passing game, and that is not their strength. We're due for a break in turnovers, too, and I see us coming out on the plus side there. Make it 24-7 Bama.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I don't think either team will be able to do much on the ground. So that leaves us with who has the better passing game. I think that's obvious. Unless we can get a lot of pressure on Lambert, he will light us up.

If we play well and don't make a lot of mistakes - 24-21.
If we continue to have turnovers and stupid penalties - 34-10.
Either way, I think UGA wins.

Our best hope is for Pat Dye to get on the Finebaum show and say, "Bama's not man enough to beat Georgia."
(Some of you old timers will know what I'm talking about)
lambert has lit up poor defenses to get his numbers. the south carolina pass defense looked like a high school d against him, they were no where near the receiver most of the time. he didn't fare that well against vandy and i think that is by far the toughest defense they have played this season.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
lambert has lit up poor defenses to get his numbers. the south carolina pass defense looked like a high school d against him, they were no where near the receiver most of the time. he didn't fare that well against vandy and i think that is by far the toughest defense they have played this season.
Agreed. You don't have 2 incompletions in 2 games if you're playing competent teams. He'll come back down to earth this weekend.

DaleC76

3rd Team
Dec 5, 2006
Around this time last year, Alabama had lost to Ole Miss and looked awful in a close win against Arkansas. I expected them to lose to a hyped A&M team. Instead, they made a statement that sent them on their way to another championship.

I'm hoping for another statement game. 28-10.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

B

BamaJ

21 or 24 - 17 Bama. I think this QB hasn't seen a front 7 like ours. I think he spends a good deal of time running and laying on his back. We take away the run and we win this game. I know that's obvious. I also know that's easier said than done. I like the match up. I really do. I also see Bo showing out in his first game. Not taking over Henry's spot, but I see him doing well. Maybe 3 RBs over 100 yards this week?

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
Bama wins in a 5 OT game! The score! I just don't know, but Bama by 2, 3, 4, 7 or 8. Cave Canem! On second thought the Dawgs bark is worse than their bite!

Everybody is totally exhausted after this game, the coaches, the players, the cheerleaders, the MDB, the announcers, the fans at the game and those having to watch on TV at home or elsewhere. At least 100 fans on each side have heart attacks before the end of this game between the hedges. I only hope that I am not one of the ones with a h. a.

This win is a total team effort.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.