Pick the score: Georgia vs. Alabama

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
My bad, I thought this thread was where we posted our thoughts about the Georgia game.

One last thing, if you don't plan to challenge Jess' 'faith' this week when he almost certainly picks Georgia to win, don't challenge mine. Deal?
You missed the point. You can make your prediction and pick GA as I have seen quite a few do, you included and I will not challenge it. But don't reply to someone else's post who is predicting a good outcome with your negative, game-over take on things. So the deal I will make is I won't comment when you post the other team is going to win unless you reply to someone else's post with your negative comments who is being positive and predicting a win. Deal?:rolleyes:

Last edited:

TIDEnGA

All-American
Sep 25, 2007
Opelika, AL
I have to agree with this.

if we win, we get our mojo back and close out with maybe 1 more loss in the regular season.

if we lose, I see the wheels getting wobbly and us limping to an 8 win season.
I agree as well. If we win this weekend I could see us running the table rest of the way. If we don't I am worried. There aren't many gimmies on our schedule. If our offense could just connect.........

BamaFossil

All-American
Jun 3, 2008
Williamsburg, VA
My heart says Bama 24; UGA 17.

However, my head says Bama could easily offer up two chunk-it-deep-downfield-into-triple-coverage interceptions and five incomplete passes on 3rd and 3-or-less... In which case UGA 21; Bama 10.

Zaiva

1st Team
Feb 27, 2013
Throwing out all logic and reason we win 34-23. Using what little reason I posses we win 27-23.

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
You missed the point. You can make your prediction and pick GA as I have seen quite a few do, you included and I will not challenge it. But don't reply to someone else's post who is predicting a good outcome with your negative, game-over take on things. So the deal I will make is I won't comment when you post the other team is going to win unless you reply to someone else's post with your negative comments who is being positive and predicting a win. Deal?:rolleyes:
Fair enough.

CrimsonCousin

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 2, 2007
Blue Ridge Georgia
UA and UGA seem to be very similar in employing a balanced offensive philosophy. Both present a strong pro-set running game with a combination of an all-out power back with an elusive, finesse playmaker. In UGA's favor, their QB is playing with confidence at home and even though they haven't competed with teams of much significance yet, their offense has effectively gelled. Holding Georgia scoreless will be a near impossibility. On the other hand, they haven't encountered a defense like Alabama will field since they last met in the SEC Championship game. Coach is going to have our guys totally fired up! Based on average, I expect Jake to toss an interception, but won't be surprised to see two or more turnovers in our favor from tipped passes and aggressive play. Not unlike a multitude of Alabama games I've been fortunate enough to enjoy, the superior Tide defense will be the ultimate deciding factor and will break Chubby's streak of 100 yard games.

Crimson Tide 31
Bulldogs 23

Roll Tide Roll

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
UGA 31 Bama 17

Just going by what I've seen the last few weeks. Our offense seems totally lost--not a dominating OL, poor qb play, poor wr play, poor play calling. I don't think on the road against a very good team is where it all suddenly clicks. Defense is great, but I think our offense will likely put the D in some bad spots and they can only hold out so long. Hope I'm really, really wrong!
Pete Fiutak at CFN sees it that way also. I have it 31-24.

Alabama vs. Georgia Score Prediction

Final Score: Alabama 31, Georgia 17

Alabama vs. Georgia Game Preview & Fearless Prediction

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
What is the Jeremy Pruitt factor in this game?

Will his D dominate or be dominated?

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
He actually sees it backwards from what I do (same score, reverse teams). I really want Pete to be right and not me!
Bama scored 35 on Wisconsin and scored 37 on Ole Miss on a "Murphy's Law" night. Why would you think UGA could hold them to 17? Pete is exactly right!

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Bama scored 35 on Wisconsin and scored 37 on Ole Miss on a "Murphy's Law" night. Why would you think UGA could hold them to 17? Pete is exactly right!
I like threads like this, so I don't want to attack a guess that is no less a guess than mine, but this is a point worth repeating. Those picking Alabama's offense to be held to low scores are doing so based on something other than Alabama's PPG scored thus far this season. You have scored no less than 34 points in a game this season. Georgia is only allowing 14 PPG, but to who?

Yes, you have a lot of problems on offense - but you are still putting up a whole lot of points, and you will score at least 4 TDs in this game.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Did the Like/Dislike button come back just to slam my prediction on this topic ;)

haven't checked to see the damage yet

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
I like threads like this, so I don't want to attack a guess that is no less a guess than mine, but this is a point worth repeating. Those picking Alabama's offense to be held to low scores are doing so based on something other than Alabama's PPG scored thus far this season. You have scored no less than 34 points in a game this season. Georgia is only allowing 14 PPG, but to who?

Yes, you have a lot of problems on offense - but you are still putting up a whole lot of points, and you will score at least 4 TDs in this game.
For me, I think Alabama scores low because we're going to go old school and control the clock. I picked 24-17. But I admit that really goes against the grain when you look at Kiffin's tenure here thus far.

bamafan_bdb

1st Team
Jan 14, 2004
I'd suggest three or four factors that might lead to a lower score...

1) First start for Coker in a very hostile environment. I fear several turnovers. Receivers are being stared down and I think UGA has the LB corp and secondary to get a couple of picks.
2) Our general trajectory. We just haven't looked sharp on offense in the last two games. I don't know why we look worse than we did in Wisconsin, but we just do, in my opinion. Maybe that's a combination of a very good OM defense and a very vanilla game plan against ULM, but we look less confident, crisp, and coherent on that side of the ball. See the 16-page thread entitled "Offense out of sync..."
3) Again, the road environment, but this time concerning kicking. I'm worried that we haven't kicked a pressure FG yet and don't think that 90k screaming fans will help with that. I could see us hitting a chip shot, but I don't look for much more than that. I think we'll go on 4th and short all the way up to the 22-25 yard line.
4) The injury to Foster might have a pretty big effect, overall. Coker gets a lot of blame, but I also don't think we're getting separation with most of WR's. We have to be able to take the lid off their D, but it's hard to do that with short, covered patterns.

I totally respect those who see it differently. UGA is somewhat unproven as well and our defense is special, of course. I just don't feel confident based on our last two games.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.