Pick the score: Georgia vs. Alabama

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
Doesn't make it right and it's a legitimate gripe. Not everyone is as fatalistic as you apparently are...
I agree Mr Earle. It isn't right or fair, but I do believe that most of the refs are professionals and at least try to do their jobs correctly. Unfortunately, they make mistakes--sometimes they work against us, while other times we benefit from them.

My preseason prediction on here for us was 10-2--still a very good season by most standards--and this was one of my predicted losses. Of course, I'll be more than happy to be wrong.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
First of all, I'm old. Not Earle old, (no offense Earle) but pretty darn close. Over the course of my 50+ years as a Bama fan, it always seemed when I was on the brink of believing a team was underachieving or underperforming, some how, some way that team would do something to surprise me.

I think back to 1977. We rolled in Lincoln to face the Huskers as the #2 team in the nation. Nebraska had literally given away a game to Washington State the week before. And much like the Ole Miss game two weeks ago, we turned the ball over five times that day and lost 31-24. We plummeted out of the top ten and went home to lick our wounds.

Funny thing as fate would have it. We got a shot at the Trojans of USC a few weeks later. They had moved up the polls and now they were #2. And in a game that I believe set the tone for the championships we won in 1978 and 1979, we pulled the upset in the Coliseum that day 21-20.

I'm not saying this team will propel us to future championships. And maybe I'm just a stupid cockeyed optimist, but I believe we can pull this off. I just can't write these guys off yet.

Bama 21-20

Last edited:

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
First of all, I'm old. Not Earle old, (no offense Earle) but pretty darn close. Over the course of my 50+ years as Bama fan, it always seemed when I was on the brink of believing a team was underachieving or underperforming, some how, some way that team would do something to surprise me.

I think back to 1977. We rolled in Lincoln to face the Huskers as the #2 team in the nation. Nebraska had literally given away a game to Washington State the week before. And much like the Ole Miss game two weeks ago, we turned the ball over five times that day and lost 31-24. We plummeted out of the top ten and went home to lick our wounds.

Funny thing as fate would have it. We got a shot at the Trojans of USC a few weeks later. They had moved up the polls and now they were #2. And in a game that I believe set the tone for the championships we won in 1978 and 1979, we pulled the upset in the Coliseum that day 21-20.

I'm not saying this team will propel us to future championships. And maybe I just a stupid cockeyed optimist, but I believe we can pull this off. I just can't write these guys off yet.

Bama 21-20
I agree. Bama could win this game, and if it depended solely on the talent and coaching pieces I'd bet everything I've got on it. By no means do I think that Bama does not have a shot--they most assuredly do, and I think it will be a hard fought game.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
Ugh........I remember that game, all too well.

deltatider

1st Team
Nov 29, 2005
UGA 24 Alabama 14

UGA pulls away late. Alabama might even have the lead a decent way into the second half but the offense sputters and the defense runs out of gas.
That's my biggest concern with this game. I wish I could trust the offense but I just don't at this point.

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
Hey sunshine. I realize you don't have faith in our team anymore but you don't need to spread your "sunshine" on people who do have faith in the team.
My bad, I thought this thread was where we posted our thoughts about the Georgia game.

One last thing, if you don't plan to challenge Jess' 'faith' this week when he almost certainly picks Georgia to win, don't challenge mine. Deal?

davefrat

Hall of Fame
Jun 4, 2002
Hopewell, VA
from what I've seen of both teams so far, I expect us to lose, but I wouldn't be shocked if we win.

as for right now, I've seen nothing from out team to suggest other than we are a good team, not a great team.

I don't think GA is a great team either, but they are playing at home and appear more comfortable than we do as a team.

if our offense sputters, we will be in for a long, long day and could lose by double digits.

Tidetwin

All-American
May 15, 2006
Northeast Georgia
A first year starter still learning how to play qb, much less qb in the SEC, starting his first road game in Athens . . . . ?

That's a lot to ask of anyone. I don't know what the score will be but I would be elated if we came out with a victory of any kind. Here's hoping for a defensive touchdown or two. 24-21 BAMA.

Last edited:

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
27-24 Bama -- with my heart and not my head...:cool: I will be flying to Hawaii during the game, so can someone feel despondent during the game for me? I know the team will miss me...:)

peariver

1st Team
Jan 31, 2009
SW Georgia
I am really enjoying watching our defense play and I think they have a huge game Saturday shutting down the Dawgs. If our receivers catch the balls thrown to them and our play calling involves plays based around the skill set we have rather than what we wish they were we win between the hedges 28 or 35-17. If our offense keeps playing the way we have recently we end up on the short end of the stick 17-28 or 31.

Coin flipped
Bama 28
UGA 17

DC Tide

1st Team
Sep 13, 2007
A victory in Athens and Bama wins 10 or even 11 games in the regular season. Lose and it's 8-4 and a very long autumn.

But we don't lose this one. The shadow cast by the Ole Miss loss has masked a lot of the team's strengths. Bama doesn't just beat, but trounces, UGA. I want to say to the tune of 27-14 but for old time's sake I'll go with this final score:

davefrat

Hall of Fame
Jun 4, 2002
Hopewell, VA
A victory in Athens and Bama wins 10 or even 11 games in the regular season. Lose and it's 8-4 and a very long autumn.

But we don't lose this one. The shadow cast by the Ole Miss loss has masked a lot of the team's strengths. Bama doesn't just beat, but trounces, UGA. I want to say to the tune of 27-14 but for old time's sake I'll go with this final score:

I have to agree with this.

if we win, we get our mojo back and close out with maybe 1 more loss in the regular season.

if we lose, I see the wheels getting wobbly and us limping to an 8 win season.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.