Week Five Game Week Thread (Interviews, Press Conferences, Practice Reports)

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Pretty much guaranteeing Lambert gets a first down or two wth his legs.

I don't understand the confidence. This Bama team has serious problems and this game could be a watershed event. Like most events of that nature, they're best seen as such well after the fact. If Bama loses this game... well, it's going to be bleak. If Bama wins then I think Bama can go 11-1.
I don't understand what you're etrying to say... Have faith in your team.

TideFan in AU

Hall of Fame

I don't understand the confidence. This Bama team has serious problems and this game could be a watershed event. Like most events of that nature, they're best seen as such well after the fact. If Bama loses this game... well, it's going to be bleak. If Bama wins then I think Bama can go 11-1.
Lambert does have 3 yards on 7 carries rushing this season, so he could very well could have his breakout performance Saturday. You know how we can't stop running QB's and all.

Last edited:

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

Come on, man!

Mke4Bama

All-SEC
Nov 21, 2006
Cullman (Good Hope)

"Confidence is silent, insecurities are loud."
Unknown

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
I think a lot of people's lack of confidence is based on our offensive output against ULM after the OM loss. I do want to point out after our loss last year we had a our worst offensive performance of the year against ARK (I know completely different level of opponent). The stats are shown below.

10 1st Downs
66 yds rushing
161 yds passing
TOTAL: 227 yds

My point is we had a hangover game after a loss last year that almost cost us a game and a lot of people were saying the same things they are saying this year and Saban went off in his press conference telling us we should appreciate the win. We had a hangover game after a loss this year that we won handily. The next week after the ARK game we beat Texas A &M 59-0. I know this is not going to be the result against GA but it does prove the sky is not falling and we will show up and win the game IMO.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Saban on Hey Coach...

Pee Wee asks Saban why the OL struggled against ULM. Saban defends the OL & says coaches didn't give the OL the best opportunity to dominate
Saban said the team wanted to run more direct runs & not show much. ULM took advantage with a lot of stunts.
On the OL struggling with speed rushers off the edge, Saban said RT Dominick Jackson needs to do a better job of not opening his hips.
Saban: It's difficult to stop Georgia's running game w/o adding more guys to the box. That leaves the secondary in more 1-on-1 matchups.
Saban said the defensive front must stop the run without extra help to avoid putting the secondary in bad positions.
Saban: Ronnie Harrison is going to be a very good player, but he still has a lot to learn with the amount of adjustments the defense makes.
Saban likes how both Ronnie Harrison and Minkah Fitzpatrick have developed. He's excited about their futures.
For players he thought were good, but struggled on Wonderlic test, Saban admits that he used to "tutor" players when he was in the NFL.
Saban would let some guys take it twice and he'd serve as the proctor for the second attempt.
Saban: When we get over there (Athens), who knows what will happen. But I think our players are ready to play a good game this week.
Saban: A player was in my office today asking why he isn't playing. Said player was getting a lot of calls from home abt lack of playing time
Saban: None of that (external factors) matters though because only that player knows what he needs to do to improve
Saban: There's a special place in my heart for guys like Michael Nysewander: "It almost made me cry to be honest with you (when he scored)."
Systemically, Saban said UGA's defense is built like Alabama's, but Jeremy Pruitt has added some nice wrinkles.(Pruitt coached under Saban)
Saban's final word: He wants people to send positive energy to the team because negativity affects the players even though it shouldn't.

Last edited:

bamablood6

1st Team
Mar 27, 2006
Thanks RTR. Coach's final words need to be listened to by all.
I have a feeling who that player was....a lot of people have been asking the question why he is not playing that much. Well I guess he found out what he needs to do to get better and play....

But really it could be several guys, but at least he was man enough to go ask...LOL

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

You do realize that he runs close to a 6.0 40?

CrimSonami

All-American
Jul 17, 2011
Ardmore, AL; too close to 10erC
There is a strange vibe headed into this game.

So many said we would find out something against Mississippi; we really didn't. Giving a good team a short field to drive so many times will lose games, no matter how talented you are. We/I have been looking to Georgia as our "Now we find out" game.

Roooooll Tide!
What I saw from this team on that night was resilience. Even though it was a loss this team kept fighting, kept believing and very nearly accomplished what would have been a near epic come back. Five turnovers, a fluke play and a missed penalty put them in a whole most teams would have just laid down and waited until someone tossed a rope. I'm actually feeling pretty good about this team playing with a chip on their shoulder.

RTR!!!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.