Week Five Game Week Thread (Interviews, Press Conferences, Practice Reports)

bamablood6

1st Team
Mar 27, 2006
What I saw from this team on that night was resilience. Even though it was a loss this team kept fighting, kept believing and very nearly accomplished what would have been a near epic come back. Five turnovers, a fluke play and a missed penalty put them in a whole most teams would have just laid down and waited until someone tossed a rope. I'm actually feeling pretty good about this team playing with a chip on their shoulder.

RTR!!!
Talking head Doering just said UGA offense would wear down the Bama defense....that had to be one of the dumbest comments all year IMO. Booger chuckled and looked at Doering the same way I did. UGA could win (and I doubt that as I have a good Bama feeling this week) but I truly doubt UGA wears down the Bama defense.

Bama Lee

All-American
Oct 13, 1999
Dallas, TX
Talking head Doering just said UGA offense would wear down the Bama defense....that had to be one of the dumbest comments all year IMO. Booger chuckled and looked at Doering the same way I did. UGA could win (and I doubt that as I have a good Bama feeling this week) but I truly doubt UGA wears down the Bama defense.
Not with our rotation.... it will be the other way around unless Kiffin is a dufus with the play calling again!

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
I think a lot of people's lack of confidence is based on our offensive output against ULM after the OM loss. I do want to point out after our loss last year we had a our worst offensive performance of the year against ARK (I know completely different level of opponent). The stats are shown below.

10 1st Downs
66 yds rushing
161 yds passing
TOTAL: 227 yds

My point is we had a hangover game after a loss last year that almost cost us a game and a lot of people were saying the same things they are saying this year and Saban went off in his press conference telling us we should appreciate the win. We had a hangover game after a loss this year that we won handily. The next week after the ARK game we beat Texas A &M 59-0. I know this is not going to be the result against GA but it does prove the sky is not falling and we will show up and win the game IMO.

You really think that? Everybody including myself that has some concerns ithat I know is basing it on the ole miss game, not the ulm game.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
You really think that? Everybody including myself that has some concerns ithat I know is basing it on the ole miss game, not the ulm game.
In terms of the offense? They were down the whole game, and they still out-gained Ole Miss. The offense was not the problem that game...

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
In terms of the offense? They were down the whole game, and they still out-gained Ole Miss. The offense was not the problem that game...
Exactly. We had over 500 yds and had the ball for 36 minutes against OM. If we don't fumble twice on kick-off retruns and still give them the 3 ints we win the game and maybe even comfortably.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Exactly. We had over 500 yds and had the ball for 36 minutes against OM. If we don't fumble twice on kick-off retruns and still give them the 3 ints we win the game and maybe even comfortably.
take away just one of the fumbles on the kick-off and we still might have won the game.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.