Confirmed - Bo to play this week...

bigjue24

Suspended
Dec 2, 2009
Okeechobee, FL
This gives the offense the option of having Bo, Henry, Drake, and OJ on the field at the same time. That is some crazy versatility and formation variety. I suspect however that they will not be used together but run in one at a time in the simplest and blandest fashion ever. I have been screaming all year for Drake and Henry to be in the game and even in the backfield at the same time. That has happened once or twice and I loved it. One play was a hand off out of the shotgun to Drake with Henry lead blocking off tackle it was a thing of beauty. You could run everything from a spread to power set with those four on the field one after another with the HUNH, and give the defense no chance to sub or know what kind of formation would be happening looking at the personnel. It would be like playing Madden.

tidefanbeezer

All-American
Sep 25, 2006
Atlanta, GA
I have clearly missed something with Bo.

I was under the impression that he was a bruiser RB, like Henry. Yet, I read folks mentioning him lining up in the slot. Is he really that good a receiver?

Harmost

All-American
Sep 19, 2005

I was under the impression that he was a bruiser RB, like Henry. Yet, I read folks mentioning him lining up in the slot. Is he really that good a receiver?
He's a huge back with pretty unbelievable speed for the size, but different looking runner than Henry. And yeah, he's a good receiver. Really phenomenal talent... but that's not going to mean a whole lot unless other aspects of the offense step up.

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011

He can be both, or at least he was in HS where he played a lot at both RB and WR. I do think the coaches will try to ease him into playing at one spot at a time though, just to simplify what he's got to learn. Once he shows he's got all the details of one spot down, then they can start to shift him around. Either that, or they have a handful of plays with him in the scheme and have him focus on the details of those.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
This gives the offense the option of having Bo, Henry, Drake, and OJ on the field at the same time. That is some crazy versatility and formation variety. I suspect however that they will not be used together but run in one at a time in the simplest and blandest fashion ever. I have been screaming all year for Drake and Henry to be in the game and even in the backfield at the same time. That has happened once or twice and I loved it. One play was a hand off out of the shotgun to Drake with Henry lead blocking off tackle it was a thing of beauty. You could run everything from a spread to power set with those four on the field one after another with the HUNH, and give the defense no chance to sub or know what kind of formation would be happening looking at the personnel. It would be like playing Madden.
Bo at Slot, Drake as Receiver, Henry at RB, Howard at TE... Ridley at receiver...Whoa.....

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
He can be both, or at least he was in HS where he played a lot at both RB and WR. I do think the coaches will try to ease him into playing at one spot at a time though, just to simplify what he's got to learn. Once he shows he's got all the details of one spot down, then they can start to shift him around. Either that, or they have a handful of plays with him in the scheme and have him focus on the details of those.
He has been practicing with the team since Spring. I think he knows playbook well by now. I think they throw in him immediately. They did that with Ridley.

westide

All-SEC
Jan 22, 2011
I went to You Tube and watched some of his highlights from HS. He looks very impressive with his size, speed, and good hands. He can run around and over defenders. He could be the spark to ignite the offense.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
The thing to keep in mind is that he committed in like 2012, so there's some of that Duron Carter/Mike Ford type of hype since he's been a guy that people have been waiting on.

Having said that, he's also kind of like a redshirt freshman, so yes he hasn't played yet, but really it's easy enough to say he's more experienced that Harris, and he plays a position in which players can have an immediate impact.

I don't know if he makes an impact from game 1, but he helps the depth chart out immediately, and once things are sorted out, I think we will see something a bit difference as they expand the roles of Drake/Harris/Bo.

PitMaster

Suspended
Aug 24, 2015
I have seen this scenario before - everyone is hyped about a player and our staff hardly trots him out there.

BUT Coach seems pretty relaxed and shows the type confidence of a gambler sitting at a high stakes poker table, sporting a pair of aces under his sleeve

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Watching the Wisconsin game up in VA with my German SIL, who is beginning to catch on to and appreciate American football (although the only real football to him will always be soccer), seeing Henry on the sideline, said "He looks like a boxer!" I need to send him a pic of Bo also and tell him both may be in the backfield at once... :D

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.