Confirmed - Bo to play this week...

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
Just give him the ball! Go Bo, Go! (I feel OK about saying that now!)

according to the practice reports, they took the scout team jersey off of him, so he's working into the rotation that might get called on, but Saban also admitted they have not invested a lot of reps in him so far this years since he couldn't play, and they are trying to find a role he can play.

Sounds like if anything at all, he'll have a limited number of plays he'll be able to execute based on the limited practice reps.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
I'm really glad to have him in a game but not really optimistic about any impact he'll have immediately for us. Maybe by the MSU game D coordinators will be scheming for him but Saturday I'm just glad to see him get some touches for the experience he'll need down the road.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Hard to say. The announcement was made awhile before the chart was posted but no way to know when Jess created it.
AFAIK, Jess isn't given the game plan for each week. He's going off past production, so Bo isn't going to be included.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
That's what I 'm wishing for, but I don't think that is in CLK's playbook. I hope I'm wrong.
He was working at H-back yesterday during the media viewing period. The weather might cause him to be there as an extra blocker.

He and OJ could do some serious work on the UGA defense in the middle of the field. Remember, Pruitt uses the same defense we do, so our weaknesses are the same.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Ah yes, therein is the challenge. Hard to do with 8 in the box consistently which, IMHO, UGA would be nuts not to do until JC and the WR`s make them pay for it ( which certainly remains to be seen as to whether or not they can) again IMHO.
This is true. Mack put it succinctly the other day - "you can't block eight with six..."

mittman

All-American
Jun 19, 2009
He was working at H-back yesterday during the media viewing period. The weather might cause him to be there as an extra blocker.

He and OJ could do some serious work on the UGA defense in the middle of the field. Remember, Pruitt uses the same defense we do, so our weaknesses are the same.
This is my hope. I would love to see us pound them with the running game, hit slants over the middle to keep them honest, and MAYBE take a shot or two down the field. IMO We have yet to see what Henry could be when fully lathered up, I would like to see it this weekend.

theBIGyowski

All-American
Aug 4, 2005
Cumming, GA
This is my hope. I would love to see us pound them with the running game, hit slants over the middle to keep them honest, and MAYBE take a shot or two down the field. IMO We have yet to see what Henry could be when fully lathered up, I would like to see it this weekend.
Reminds me of the game plan we had in the 1999 game in the Swamp.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I'm telling a lot of y'all and most of you have either seen him as well in all-star games or his Northridge games and I would guess that me and Mack have probably seen the most of him and I know I'll come out and say this kid is the REAL DEAL. Hate to slap all that pressure on him right away, but to me if he comes in at RB and stays healthy then we can use the Roadrunner out in the slot and let Henry and Bo get all the carries and when the D is tired throw the Roadrunner in and watch him run for days.

With Bo and Henry in the backfield, it truly does remind me of Richardson and Lacy. Two huge backs that can run and move with Yeldon burning DB's or even burning tired LB/CB's after they have tackle Henry and Bo the whole game.

I might even take heat for this, but I think Bo is a BETTER back than Damien Harris. I think Bo has a better upside than Harris and that's no knock on Harris either. Bo is just flat out a ball player and excels at everything he does on the field. So his return makes me very excited this week!!!!
I saw a lot more video of Henry as a HSer than I did of Bo. I was concerned about his basically never blocking, even when called upon and he was the fastest guy on the field against weak opposition, mostly popping it to the outside and out-running everyone else. He didn't look like a power back even then. Can you and William comment on the difference in running style?

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
I saw a lot more video of Henry as a HSer than I did of Bo. I was concerned about his basically never blocking, even when called upon and he was the fastest guy on the field against weak opposition, mostly popping it to the outside and out-running everyone else. He didn't look like a power back even then. Can you and William comment on the difference in running style?
The biggest difference is that Derrick Henry is Brandon Jacobs and Bo is .....Bo.

By that, I mean, Henry is a speed guy who just happens to be big. He's not all that physical of a back in terms of dishing out punishment. He's not Earl Campbell. He's a mix of Eric Dickerson and Keith Byars. If you'll notice, when he does run over people, he goes down as well, but to his credit he always falls forward.

With Bo, when he runs over you, he doesn't lose any speed. You're just flattened. But that's not the totality of his game. He's a fast guy. I saw him when he was a freshman or sophomore during Christion Jones's senior season at Minor. Chris was coming up from his safety position and had a perfect angle to tackle Bo. Bo made one cut and within 3 seconds had created 20 yards of separation. When he's comfortable and allowing the game to come to him, he's special. Once he started to get all the accolades and playing in All-Star games, he pressed and tried to do too much. Wanting to play wide receiver (something he'd never done with regularity in high school).

But if he can get into a groove...heck, if he can get the ball in his hands in open space, get excited. See the photo below for why.

If Verne mistakes him for D'Shawn Hand, don't blame that on the Bourbon. For reference, DJ Pettway is 6'3" 270 lbs. Bo is bigger than listed.

So yeah...be excited Bama fans. May not be this week, but going forward. Be very excited. Enjoy what's left of this year and the next 2. He won't be here for 4.

TheAccountant

All-SEC
Mar 22, 2011
Birmingham
With Bo, when he runs over you, he doesn't lose any speed. You're just flattened. But that's not the totality of his game. He's a fast guy. I saw him when he was a freshman or sophomore during Christion Jones's senior season at Minor. Chris was coming up from his safety position and had a perfect angle to tackle Bo. Bo made one cut and within 3 seconds had created 20 yards of separation. When he's comfortable and allowing the game to come to him, he's special. Once he started to get all the accolades and playing in All-Star games, he pressed and tried to do too much. Wanting to play wide receiver (something he'd never done with regularity in high school).

So yeah...be excited Bama fans. May not be this week, but going forward. Be very excited. Enjoy what's left of this year and the next 2. He won't be here for 4.
How's his speed and cuts after the knee injury?

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.