Confirmed - Bo to play this week...

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
The problem with Drake right now - at least as a runner - is that he's best off the stretch run but our OL seems weakest at that blocking scheme. We're better at man block plays, inside zone, and inside zone derivatives (like the long trap from the H-Back). Drake's skills aren't getting exploited partly due to tells and tendencies but also simply because our linemen aren't getting the seal when the numbers dictate they should win to the perimeter.

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
Just remember that from those two snaps you heard the Lacy analogy first from Danielson. Won't be the last.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
Yep wont be surprised to see him get worked in more as well. He did look pretty solid in that short amount of time. I also liked seeing Ridley have such a good game but bro has to get into blocking for real. Had two big plays that coulda been even bigger in the run game if he would have put up a block. All tha being said, I'm excited is seeing what this team can accomplish in the coming weeks.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Yep nobody stands a chance at breaking it big on the last 2 snaps of the game with everyone out and everyone knowing who will be getting the ball.

Just him getting the ball is making me feel good. I feel really good that he'll be in above Damien Harris in no time (and that's saying something)

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007
no doubt can see his explosiveness at the handoff. hope he becomes more involved in our offense. he's a true power RB
I agree completely. He looked quick and powerful. If he has vision and feet he will be scary. He really looked promising. As a big fan of Harris, I've been a little disappointed, not seeing the quickness I thought I saw in his HS film. Maybe he put on a little needed weight and can't handle it yet. Hopefully maturity will increase his effectiveness. Seems like a great kid - won't forget his rundown of the interceptor against MTSU.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
For the one play he ran was eye opening. He's going to be a good one. I hope he doesn't get injured ever again. He has THAT look.
Pretty sure he ran the ball twice. He was met at the LOS and drove the pile back both times.

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
I agree completely. He looked quick and powerful. If he has vision and feet he will be scary. He really looked promising. As a big fan of Harris, I've been a little disappointed, not seeing the quickness I thought I saw in his HS film. Maybe he put on a little needed weight and can't handle it yet. Hopefully maturity will increase his effectiveness. Seems like a great kid - won't forget his rundown of the interceptor against MTSU.
some of the percieved lack of quickness could also be that he's not 100% comfortable with everything yet and once he get some more reps he'll settle in.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.