Confirmed - Bo to play this week...

CNS mentioned in his PC yesterday that Drake was was trying too hard to hit the home run on every carry. This is something that many of us have complained about as well. I'd to see Henry and Bo be our 1-2 punch, and use Drake like we did last year.
Well he was playing in his home state. He'd been talking for a while about it. I'm sure the talk got to him.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus RTR

irNate

1st Team
Nov 19, 2010
Snellville, GA
I missed Bo playing :( Took my daughter to her homecoming dance and of course thats when he gets some plays. Hopefully he will play this weekend a bit.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
CNS mentioned in his PC yesterday that Drake was was trying too hard to hit the home run on every carry. This is something that many of us have complained about as well. I'd to see Henry and Bo be our 1-2 punch, and use Drake like we did last year.
i think drake was having a tough time on the wet grass as well in addition to that

InsaneMustang

1st Team
Jul 30, 2001
i think drake was having a tough time on the wet grass as well in addition to that
This. Drake's natural movements consists of quick, short cuts. On that wet field he was really unable to get the footing he needed. This is why Henry's more forward approach was more successful. It appears that Drake tries to find the endzone on every single play instead of just taking what's there. Granted, it's working out ok I guess.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
I think good things can happen when he spells Henry. Henry and Bo are built for rushing up the middle. Drake is a guy built more for slot or rushing around the ends.

As it happens all three are pretty fast. :)

I'm looking forward to seeing more Bo... SOON.

Capt. Jack

Suspended
Jun 20, 2006
Since we're talking running backs... Is it just me or does it seem like Henry is way more effective when he lines up behind the QB as opposed to beside him? That formation just seems to play to his strength.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
This. Drake's natural movements consists of quick, short cuts. On that wet field he was really unable to get the footing he needed. This is why Henry's more forward approach was more successful. It appears that Drake tries to find the endzone on every single play instead of just taking what's there. Granted, it's working out ok I guess.
i will add that drake was a hell of a decoy. there were a few big gains where we caught jawjuh trying to key on drake in the flat leaving a receiver wide open

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I still think Drake will be a weapon because He was decoy in Georgia game, and team will now think twice trying to figure out whos gonna be open... I think Drake will finally have a big game this weekend. We just need to move Drake to Slot and we'll be real good... but given teh way we played against Georgia... I dont see lot chancing

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL
You didn't miss much, his job was basically to run out the clock.
I was hoping to see him a little sooner
I think someone earlier in this thread said it seemed like we were a bit hesitant to put in anyone other than our 1st team right up to the end due to the conditions. I think this was probably true for Bo since he has never seen the field in a college game.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
That's the second time this year Saban has mentioned it. To his credit, Drake is more of a big play type guy.

tidefanbeezer

All-American
Sep 25, 2006
Atlanta, GA
I missed Bo playing :( Took my daughter to her homecoming dance and of course thats when he gets some plays. Hopefully he will play this weekend a bit.
Pretty sure your time was better spent with your daughter than watching Bo get two meaningless carries for 5 yards. He'll play more in the coming weeks.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Think of what other teams have to account for on every play. Considering the few starters that returned, your offense probably has more "scary" talent than any other in college football. I'm talking about home run hitters that have to be accounted for on every play. Ridley, Drake, Henry, Mullaney, Howard - Add Harris and Bo when Henry needs a breather or late in the game. You could also add Sims and Stewart if they continue to improve their route running. Stewart made a couple of great catches against GA. Most teams feel lucky if they have one or two of these kind of guys. You have closer to 10.

If your o-line and Coker can just avoid big mistakes, your offense is only going to get better as the season progresses. And it needs to get better, because you are one of the worst teams in college football on 3rd down conversions. I have no idea how/why, but that needs to get fixed.

JF3

Scout Team
Jul 16, 2004
Phenix City, AL
Think of what other teams have to account for on every play. Considering the few starters that returned, your offense probably has more "scary" talent than any other in college football. I'm talking about home run hitters that have to be accounted for on every play. Ridley, Drake, Henry, Mullaney, Howard - Add Harris and Bo when Henry needs a breather or late in the game. You could also add Sims and Stewart if they continue to improve their route running. Stewart made a couple of great catches against GA. Most teams feel lucky if they have one or two of these kind of guys. You have closer to 10.

If your o-line and Coker can just avoid big mistakes, your offense is only going to get better as the season progresses. And it needs to get better, because you are one of the worst teams in college football on 3rd down conversions. I have no idea how/why, but that needs to get fixed.
I totally agree BigTide. The hard part is knowing when and how to use each one of the home run hitters. You are also right about 3rd downs. We must fix that...

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.