Confirmed - Bo to play this week...

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I'd forgotten that he was suspended for four games in addition to his injury. He may be the inside power back we need...

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Runs through drills with RBs but gets most of his practice reps at slot receiver.
Yes, I've heard that. I think maybe they'll run Drake more out of the slot and maybe let Bo line up in the backfield. However, RB pass blocking has really been needed this season...

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Yes, I've heard that. I think maybe they'll run Drake more out of the slot and maybe let Bo line up in the backfield. However, RB pass blocking has really been needed this season...
so is it out of the question to see henry, drake and bo on the field at the same time?

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Runs through drills with RBs but gets most of his practice reps at slot receiver.
Another position is the only real way I see him playing this week. It's not like Damian Harris has been giving Derrick and Drake breathers. By being a Swiss Army knife player, he can get on the field like Nudie was last year.

im4uainva

All-SEC
Jul 3, 2011
Charlottesville, Va
I wonder if his blocking ability will be on par with Henry's. Henry, at times, has been quite impressive with his blocking. I understand that in HS this was a function that was not required by him (Henry) since he was too busy running over the defenders. He seems to have taken to the function quite enthusiastically at Bama. To have both of these steamrollers in the backfield, blocking for one another, might be quite enjoyable for those of us that are spectators.

Roll Tide!

64met

All-American
Oct 12, 2007
Great news. Hopefully he provides a 'spark' to the team and we get back to Bama football!

RTR!

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
I wonder if his blocking ability will be on par with Henry's. Henry, at times, has been quite impressive with his blocking. I understand that in HS this was a function that was not required by him (Henry) since he was too busy running over the defenders. He seems to have taken to the function quite enthusiastically at Bama. To have both of these steamrollers in the backfield, blocking for one another, might be quite enjoyable for those of us that are spectators.

Roll Tide!
with blocking, sometimes it's more about where to go post snap to be able to find out who to block, more than it is about physical ability and you're right, most of these great RBs in HS were never really asked to block because you'd rather them slip to the flat and dump the ball to them than have them block in HS because they were almost always the best player on their HS team by a long shot.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Bo playing 20 snaps will help OJ Howard a ton......

I also think that having Henry a TB, Bo at HBack, and Drake in the Slot.....with Ridley, Stewart and Howard....

CrimSonami

All-American
Jul 17, 2011
Ardmore, AL; too close to 10erC

Roll Tide!
YESsssssssssssssss.............. YES IT WOULD!!!

Timberline Tide

All-American
Jun 9, 2010
Colorado
At the very least it gives Georgia something else to worry/prepare for since, from what I've heard, they're worried about our ability to run off tackle on them.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I have been asking this question:
Does this mean Bo/ Drake spilt time at Slot spot... rotating back and forth? This has to be a huge news for Drake... I think this is what offense was supposed to look like now... Mismatches everywhere. OJ howard has been lining up at Receiver several times throughout the game, so I would think Bo will now do that...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.