Confirmed - Bo to play this week...

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I'd love to see the run established early then used repeatedly if successful. Nothing takes the winds out of the sails of the opposition and their fans like being unable to stop repeated body blows from the run game.

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
If the weather is as bad as the forecast says, Bo very well could get plenty of carries. Bama will need to keep Derrick fresh for the fourth quarter, which means a bigger rotation of RBs.
I'd love to see the run established early then used repeatedly if successful. Nothing takes the winds out of the sails of the opposition and their fans like being unable to stop repeated body blows from the run game.
Agreed x 2

Earlier CA said if we do well with the run we are sure to abandon it. I know what he means. Hopefully we RTDB like we did to beat UGA in the 2012 SECCG. Poor weather makes this more likely I think.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
Would love to see this happen but I don't ever remember us beating Georgia just running the football. Rain or no rain, I think we'll have to mix it up and incorporate some play action pass to have a chance of winning this game, which means our receivers will have to HANG ON TO THE BALL.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Might only be one more, if he's as good as expected. Since he sat a year, he's only got to be in college two and then he'll be three years out of HS which is all it takes to declare.
Looking at the photo of BO. Wow. Scary big guy to be wearing # 9.
Weather should dictate a mostly pound em type game. Hope we get Bo on the field to help pound the ball. Ga. likely to stack the box to try to force us to throw early. Maybe we get lucky and complete a few, then pound it till they stop it. Bo will be a very welcome addition to our backfield.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I agree, we've got to make enough passes but the offensive balance needs to be something closer to the Wisconsin game and not what we've seen the last few weeks.

im4uainva

All-SEC
Jul 3, 2011
Charlottesville, Va
The kick start to this dynasty was partly assisted by a promise by Clemson's head coach to give a true freshman the first carry of the season...he fumbled and Alabama pounced on it. Just saying :D
That's very true...good point. Yet...we had an experienced player fumble the K/O against Ole Miss. It...happens. And it's going to happen again. But maybe, just maybe, instead of dropping the ball the first time he touches it...Bo takes it home. That's what I'd like to think:biggrin:.

Roll Tide!

beatthemtigers

All-American
Jan 4, 2006
That was when croyle and Pennington went down right? I remember that.. Pretty sure southern miss. We won that one though

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
This may be a game like 2009 against South Carolina. We need our running backs to take the game in their hands like Ingram did. Step up Henry, Drake and Bo! That is a good triple threat.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
This may be a game like 2009 against South Carolina. We need our running backs to take the game in their hands like Ingram did. Step up Henry, Drake and Bo! That is a good triple threat.
That entire game was Ingram's Heisman moment. He took that game over and did just enough to win. He was clearly exhausted, but he just kept on keepin' on. Saved your season and won me over as a fan for life.

Few games are decided by one great player making play after play when nothing else was working.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
By that, I mean, Henry is a speed guy who just happens to be big. He's not all that physical of a back in terms of dishing out punishment. He's not Earl Campbell. He's a mix of Eric Dickerson and Keith Byars. If you'll notice, when he does run over people, he goes down as well, but to his credit he always falls forward.
Agreed. To Henry's credit he is faster, but he is NOT a true RB like Bo. Bo has all the moves in his arsenal, including when things go wrong which Henry rarely does unless it's a cutback, etc. I always thought he looked like Eddie Lacy did in h.s. minus the O button of course (spin move for you non gamers). Bo's cuts and moves are also better than Henry. When you look up a pure bred RB out of h.s. you'd see Bo's picture before Henry's. The fact Bo I think was listed as an athlete with all the WR talk kind of cost him with recruiting services. I truly and honestly think Bo will be ahead of Damien Harris if he is truly "game ready". Depending on his blocking he could be playing a ton as H-back I would assume as well.

With Bo, when he runs over you, he doesn't lose any speed. You're just flattened. But that's not the totality of his game. He's a fast guy. I saw him when he was a freshman or sophomore during Christion Jones's senior season at Minor. Chris was coming up from his safety position and had a perfect angle to tackle Bo. Bo made one cut and within 3 seconds had created 20 yards of separation. When he's comfortable and allowing the game to come to him, he's special. Once he started to get all the accolades and playing in All-Star games, he pressed and tried to do too much. Wanting to play wide receiver (something he'd never done with regularity in high school).
Once again agreed like we both generally do when it comes to Bo. Also if most notice when Henry gets contact, especially up the middle, when he is hit he quits moving his legs. With Bo, he never quits moving and/or gives up on a play. It's just not in his running style and I think that is what cost him a few of his injuries in high school along with the work load he had at Northridge. He turned Northridge from a 1A team playing 6A ball (low numbers, bad team) to a playoff team who would have went deep without that knee injury (might have been the ankle I forget) all because of Bo. Almost every play went to Bo with Northridge and I think that didn't help with his injuries.

As for that play Mack, I think that was Bo's Sophomore year IIRC.

So yeah...be excited Bama fans. May not be this week, but going forward. Be very excited. Enjoy what's left of this year and the next 2.
Yep I have no proof he's playing this week other than what that story said about him being ready and playing, but when he gets the ball you will take notice. I wanted Bo more than any other RB probably since Lacy in terms of backs we just couldn't miss on.

Also on youtube there are still some highlight videos of him. The IMG film I consider garbage. You watch what he did at Northridge in which he played 6A ball in Alabama and watch what he does, those were not some private schools in the AISA (no offense to them). Like Mack said that was before he was getting national attention and was just getting known around the state and before all the transferring mess.

Before hearing about this during this week I knew we were just some good QB play away from going back to the playoffs, but getting a player like Bo at this point with coaches only having to go off his h.s. film to scout him makes me very happy. I just hope he gets a decent opportunity when he does touch the ball. You put him in there on a 1st down and give him the ball with the 1st team and I have a feeling you'll be very happy fans. He's easily a 1,000 yard rusher during a full year and maybe even 1,500. That is the skill I think Bo has. If he had played at Tuscaloosa County, Hoover, etc. he would have been a top 3 five-star RB if not "the top".

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
If nothing else, I hope we have a few plays that utilize his receiving skills to mismatch him on a LB to occupy/freeze them for future runs.
I like this line of thinking also. Will most likely catch them by surprise. I recall at the UA all-star game they kept talking about how good Bo's hands were and then I saw him make a great catch on a crossing pattern about 20 yds down field and my thoughts went nuts thinking of his future potential. Hopefully we see him enough to tease us and GA.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.