The new Derrick Thomas documentary is on tonight at 8:00 (SECN)

Cr1msoN4life

3rd Team
Nov 21, 2010
Re: be sure and catch the new Derrick thomas documentary on tonight at 8

Yes and ty mods for fixing! Don't miss it people , we owe it to DT, to pay our respect, and so the young can experience what privileged few got to see. It appears to be well written and i for 1 am looking forward to it.

37bamagreats55

All-American
Apr 1, 2003
Gardendale, AL

Doesn't matter how many times I watch his highlights, his speed and football acumen continually amaze me. I always catch myself saying "how in the heck did he just do that"

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL

I'm really looking forward to this. Derrick was just before my time. My earliest football memories were from the 1990 season. But I've seen plenty of highlights.

I've always wondered how guys like Bennett and Thomas would have done on Coach Bryant, Coach Stallings, or Coach Saban teams. Would they have wreaked even more havoc? Would they have even fit into the schemes? I think players like that would fit into any scheme, though.

UAME

All-SEC
Mar 28, 2000
Tuscumbia, AL

I'm really looking forward to this. Derrick was just before my time. My earliest football memories were from the 1990 season. But I've seen plenty of highlights.

I've always wondered how guys like Bennett and Thomas would have done on Coach Bryant, Coach Stallings, or Coach Saban teams. Would they have wreaked even more havoc? Would they have even fit into the schemes? I think players like that would fit into any scheme, though.
It's hard to compare eras, but I still have vivid memories from my boyhood of Biscuit and DT in crimson. I personally believe that 2009 Rolando McClain and (in lesser degrees), Upshaw, pre-knee injury Hightower, and Mosley would have excelled in similar fashion against the offenses of the mid & late 80s.

I do know that if you were to trot out an all-time Bama defensive lineup, there would be some NFL HOFers standing on the sideline in the LB 2-deep chart.

snake plissken

1st Team
Apr 13, 2011
Birmingham

I personally believe that 2009 Rolando McClain and (in lesser degrees), Upshaw, pre-knee injury Hightower, and Mosley would have excelled in similar fashion against the offenses of the mid & late 80s.
No way any of them could have caused as much damage as DT. From his sack total to him totally taking over a game like Penn State in 1988. Even saving a game against a wishbone team where he wasn't as effective but found a way to win the game by blocking two field goals against Army in the Sun Bowl. DT was a once in a lifetime player!

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs

No way any of them could have caused as much damage as DT. From his sack total to him totally taking over a game like Penn State in 1988. Even saving a game against a wishbone team where he wasn't as effective but found a way to win the game by blocking two field goals against Army in the Sun Bowl. DT was a once in a lifetime player!
this^^^, there was no one as good as DT. Mosely comes closest in recent years

PitMaster

Suspended
Aug 24, 2015

this^^^, there was no one as good as DT. Mosely comes closest in recent years
If I could coach a 3-4, and line DT and Bennett outside of Lee Roy and Wayne Davis - well, I think we could win the NC with the 2015 auburn offense

snake plissken

1st Team
Apr 13, 2011
Birmingham

Wish they would have gone into his recruitment at Bama. What coach recruited him? How did we learn about him in Miami? How did Miami not get him? What other schools were recruiting him? What made him decide to come to Bama?

Last edited:

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL

Other than Bill Curry's veiled insults clearly aimed toward Alabama fans, I thoroughly enjoyed the documentary.

Last edited:

TideFan in AU

Hall of Fame

Other than Bill Curry's backhanded insults toward Alabama fans, I thoroughly enjoyed the documentary.
You have to wonder how many times Curry has looked and mirror and realized that if we was just a competent coach that he could have dominated with the talent he had and brought to Alabama.

It must be tough on him.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL

You have to wonder how many times Curry has looked and mirror and realized that if we was just a competent coach that he could have dominated with the talent he had and brought to Alabama.

It must be tough on him.
Agreed, and it's obvious the man is still very bitter toward our program.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.