Georgia Set To Execute Woman

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
you know if we had an organization that provided great services for women, contraception, sexual education and the like we could end so many abortions. You know I think our government should fund the heck out of such an organization. We should look into that
So I take it as that is blue font right?

Back to subject, I still don't see a perfect argument for either side of the death penalty so it's one of those things that is what is.

bama579

Hall of Fame
Jan 15, 2005
The Chukker or Archibalds
I'm admitting I didn't read all the collateral stuff, however, did I read that the actual killer IS NOT being offed while the planner IS?

What the . . ?

Plea bargain for testimony? "We had our fingers crossed when we argeed not to execute you, too. Sorry."

Last edited:

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA
So I take it as that is blue font right?

Back to subject, I still don't see a perfect argument for either side of the death penalty so it's one of those things that is what is.
The death penalty made a lot more sense when "death row" was however long it took to find some rope after the trial. Nowadays, what's the difference? Hard to be much of a deterrent or punishment when the death penalty is carried out 50yrs after the fact.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aledinho

All-SEC
Feb 22, 2007
you know if we had an organization that provided great services for women, contraception, sexual education and the like we could end so many abortions. You know I think our government should fund the heck out of such an organization. We should look into that
It would be really swell if that same organization didn't spend millions of dollars sterilizing 15 year old women in Brasil, often leading them to believe that the procedure will be reversible. Regardless of any particular position, why can't we fund individual clinics and not a group of people with such a scummy history.

SENADO.GOV.BR

It is symptomatic that the greater percentage of sterilization is exactly in the states of the regions that concentrate the highest indices of misery and poverty of our country, and where population composition points to a black majority, such as the Northeast and Midwest. On the other hand, in mostly white states for example the Rio Grande do Sul, the index of sterilized women is below the national average. page 10
Note: the author of the CPMI, Benedita da Silva, the first Afro-Brasilian female senator, is pro-choice according to her biography.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
It would be really swell if that same organization didn't spend millions of dollars sterilizing 15 year old women in Brasil, often leading them to believe that the procedure will be reversible. Regardless of any particular position, why can't we fund individual clinics and not a group of people with such a scummy history.

SENADO.GOV.BR

Note: the author of the CPMI, Benedita da Silva, the first Afro-Brasilian female senator, is pro-choice according to her biography.
that's not one I've heard. Yikes. Have a link that isn't a PDF in Portuguese? I'd like to know more

course I have a similar problem with the Catholic church telling starving, HIV/STD plagued Brazilians in Favela's that condoms don't work and god wants them to breed away

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
that's not one I've heard. Yikes. Have a link that isn't a PDF in Portuguese? I'd like to know more

course I have a similar problem with the Catholic church telling starving, HIV/STD plagued Brazilians in Favela's that condoms don't work and god wants them to breed away
The Catholic church is probably one of the largest, if not the largest, providers of care for HIV patients in the world. This is what you want from a church.

I don't really expect a church to promote condoms when they see extra-marital, non-monogamous sex as immoral. Lawmakers are free to take a more practical stance.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee

Hey, you did better than me. I didn't even recognize it as Portuguese.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Hey, you did better than me. I didn't even recognize it as Portuguese.
I assumed it to be as Portuguese is the official language of Brazil

and to your other comment I wouldn't expect them to promote condom use either but we should at least expect them not to lie about their effectiveness and thereby cause more HIV/STD and pregnancies

Aledinho

All-SEC
Feb 22, 2007
Servico Brasileiro de Justica E Paz had a summary of the report in English. I try to find it later tonight.

Here is another pdf, but at least this one is in English: Guttmacher.org

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
I assumed it to be as Portuguese is the official language of Brazil

and to your other comment I wouldn't expect them to promote condom use either but we should at least expect them not to lie about their effectiveness and thereby cause more HIV/STD and pregnancies
I didn't know the church was lying about the effectiveness of condoms. I suspect they are sincere and have a different set of facts and values to judge than you.

As an aside, oral cancer is epidemic in the US. I don't know about world wide, but I'm assuming it's the similar. When I was in school in the 70's we were taught to screen anyone over 40, and pay particular attention to alcohol and tobacco users and people who were overweight. Now, you have to screen anyone over 17 and it has nothing to do with alcohol, tobacco, or obesity. Now patients are getting oral cancer from the human papilloma virus (HPV) which is spread by oral sex. HPV DNA is now found in about 67% of oral cancers.

I'm not saying birth control isn't a practical thing, but abstinence and monogamy are certainly the safest form of birth control.

Also, make sure your dentist is screening you at least once a year for oral cancer with a fluorescent light. The fluorescent light shows the cancers at the basal layer of the tissue before they can be seen with the naked eye (even with magnification) and if found early is about 80% curable. Once signs and symptoms occur, it's pretty morbid. That's the end of my public service announcement. Now, back to your regularly scheduled programming. :wink:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.