News Article: Man Killed Over Suspicion of Beef Consumption

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham
Thread hijack time. Name the best restaurant in your immediate area to get a good steak.

Mine is Crazy Horse in Argo. Fine eating.
I'll have to try that place some time. I like Fox Valley Restaurant in Helena. Very good steaks, and everything else for that matter. There's not any place in my immediate area better, so I don't mind the drive.

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
Thread hijack time. Name the best restaurant in your immediate area to get a good steak.

Mine is Crazy Horse in Argo. Fine eating.
There's only one place where I get my steaks exactly the way I like them, and it's not a restaurant. It's my grill on my back porch. What's so good about it is I can sit back with my favorite adult beverage while it cooks!

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
There's only one place where I get my steaks exactly the way I like them, and it's not a restaurant. It's my grill on my back porch. What's so good about it is I can sit back with my favorite adult beverage while it cooks!
Yeah. I need to get another charcoal grill in the future. Just not the same since we got this natural gas job. Sure is fast, though.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
Other than the yearly preparation of my own Sour Beef meals, and eating corned beef for St Patty's day, I couldn't care less about eating beef.

mittman

All-American
Jun 19, 2009
Yeah. I need to get another charcoal grill in the future. Just not the same since we got this natural gas job. Sure is fast, though.
Have you ever tried using a smoke box with wood chips? I do this all of the time. I get just as good flavor (at least I think so) and all the benefits of easily control the gas gives me.

As for favorite steakhouses near me there just isn't one. I used to like Dale's before it closed and always enjoyed it, but people had vastly different opinions about that place. If I was forced to pick a place anywhere I would probably find a Morton's.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
The last gas grill I had, I removed all the gas components and changed it to a charcoal grill. Gas is ok, but charcoal/wood add a taste factor that gas just can't match.
Just depends. For beef or for smoking, you need charcoal and wood, imo. But sometimes I want a lighter flavor than you can get from charcoal (especially with some fish and chicken recipes I prepare).

IMO a serious griller will have a gas grill, a charcoal grill, and a dedicated smoker.

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
Have you ever tried using a smoke box with wood chips? I do this all of the time. I get just as good flavor (at least I think so) and all the benefits of easily control the gas gives me.

As for favorite steakhouses near me there just isn't one. I used to like Dale's before it closed and always enjoyed it, but people had vastly different opinions about that place. If I was forced to pick a place anywhere I would probably find a Morton's.
I have. Just doesn't quite do it for me.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.