Weather Could Play a Factor Saturday

westide

All-SEC
Jan 22, 2011
If there is a chance of 3-5 inches of rain and flash flooding then that becomes a danger for those traveling to and from the game. I love football, but the safety of the fans and players is more important.

jabcmb

All-American
Feb 1, 2006
Birmingham, AL
Normally it takes lightning. But if there's a real risk of flash flooding the schools may opt for a more conservative approach. CBS, I'm sure, will be pushing to play the game.

By chance, how many of y'all were in Legion Field for the '83 Auburn game when the funnel cloud blew over the stadium, the rain came in sideways, and the weather got so bad that the band and cheerleaders left?
I was there in the upper deck. We watched the storm coming and knew that whoever was ahead when that storm hit would win. We weren't ahead when it hit.

westide

All-SEC
Jan 22, 2011
There is a stalled front along the east coast that will be pulling in tropic moisture to the area. The fact the hurricane is a great distance from Athens is not going to change the rain forecast.

pyro

Suspended
Nov 9, 2004
Winchester TN
That could actually cause a dealy. Games have been delayed or worse case even cancelled and later reschedule due to flooding on the field.

I think Florida had a game called or something last year because of the field flooding? Bazza help me out there...

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
Morning weather geek update: Still 3 to 5 " and pretty stiff winds. The problem with this storm is that it's been raining for more than a week in Georgia and the Carolinas. The forecast is even worse north of Athens, with up to 10 inches of rain in the Greenville-Charlotte corridor.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
If they do play the game, and the weather is really foul, I`d really like our chances IF our OL somehow played out of their minds in the run game. I think our front 7 on D can at least slow down their running game, especially on a sloppy track.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Morning weather geek update: Still 3 to 5 " and pretty stiff winds. The problem with this storm is that it's been raining for more than a week in Georgia and the Carolinas. The forecast is even worse north of Athens, with up to 10 inches of rain in the Greenville-Charlotte corridor.
yep, we're saturated here in atlanta

makes me wish i was still a kayaker

capnfrog

All-American
Aug 17, 2002
Pell city, Al. U.S.A.
I would think the saturated field would lead to less injuries because the cleats would turn lose more easily and the ground would be softer. Hopefully the good guys will come out snot slinging mad and ready for some smash mouth football.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.