Weather Could Play a Factor Saturday

OreBama

All-American
Sep 26, 2005
Portland, OR
Source, probably is PHOTO SHOP.
That was my first thought. It is almost too cool to be real. However, it is plausible, as there is the hurricane on the East Coast (elephant head and eye) and there is also a low that is sucking in moisture from the storm (the trunk). It's pretty crazy.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Really? Alabama has only practiced indoors this week, on turf instead of grass and in dry conditions instead of the rain? That seems crazy.
I assume the main reason for this is to avoid injuries. I would hope they've made some sort of preparations in terms of what the conditions might be though.
IIRC, when preparing for games that may have inclement weather, the team normally practices with wet/damp footballs. I don't think they do much to mimic the wet field because, as Krazy pointed out, that could cause a higher rate of injury..

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
That was my first thought. It is almost too cool to be real. However, it is plausible, as there is the hurricane on the East Coast (elephant head and eye) and there is also a low that is sucking in moisture from the storm (the trunk). It's pretty crazy.
It's real.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnnyCache

All-SEC
Jan 22, 2002
Carrollton, GA but from Mobile, AL
The Weather Channel's forecast is looking better http://www.weather.com/weather/hourbyhour/l/USGA0027:1:US
Don't put too much faith in TWC's forecast. NOAA releases eight forecasts/scenarios at a time and everybody picks one. TWC picks the third one to appear different from the other outlets. It's common practice and they've done it for decades. Stick to the main NOAA forecast for the most accurate assessment of the weather.

Bamanooga

1st Team
Sep 7, 2008
Signal Mountain, TN
NOAA forecast for Athens this morning: Mist until 8 a.m. that turns into 100% chance of rain, heavy at times. Winds around 10, sometimes gusting to 15 mph. High to be 62 degrees. Flash flood watch from 8 a.m. this morning to 8 p.m. Sunday night.

At this point, let's hope that everyone going to the game gets there and back safely and there are no injuries on the field.

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
Hear, hear.

QUOTE=Bamanooga;2677615]NOAA forecast for Athens this morning: Mist until 8 a.m. that turns into 100% chance of rain, heavy at times. Winds around 10, sometimes gusting to 15 mph. High to be 62 degrees. Flash flood watch from 8 a.m. this morning to 8 p.m. Sunday night.

At this point, let's hope that everyone going to the game gets there and back safely and there are no injuries on the field.[/QUOTE]

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.