Weather Could Play a Factor Saturday

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
Hmm, I hope Alabama at least has a conservative gameplan ready just in case. If there's bad weather, I'm not sure either team really wants to be tossing the ball around much.

22Musso22

I believe running the ball is the pathway to victory for both teams. Ball security will determine the outcome as we all know.

trenda

Hall of Fame
May 17, 2000
Hendersonville, TN USA
Given our propensity to turn the ball over, a wet field and wet ball probably doesn't do our team any favors. In games where weather plays a factor, ST play becomes really important. I would prefer a nice dry field for our guys.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
IDK, Trenda, I think a wet field helps us more than them. Their offense is obviously more dynamic than ours at this point...especially throwing the ball.

Of course, the game is played on a equal playing field and both teams will have to deal with the conditions, but bad weather generally hurts the better offensive team because it equalizes some of their superiority.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
A wet ball increases the risk for fumbles, and we've already shown a propensity to put it on the ground anyway. Net advantage--Georgia.
we fumbled twice in one game, both of those were on kickoff returns. yes they were very costly fumbles, but i don't think that counts as propensity.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
we fumbled twice in one game, both of those were on kickoff returns. yes they were very costly fumbles, but i don't think that counts as propensity.
and georgia has lost three fumbles this season, so i guess they have more of a propensity to put the ball on the ground than we do.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Weather may a factor in the game but it will not affect the outcome. These teams are built very similarly. Many suggest that UGA has not been tested but I don't think that matters either. The winner of the game will be that team that executes with the most intensity from the beginning and sustains for the entire four quarters. Are we man enough to go to Athens and dominate them? I certainly think so but it will take our best effort of the year to do it.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Remember last year against arkansas... I think Our players learned a lot ... I would expect the guys to do better... Georgia... I don't know abou tthem... Theyre used to practice outside in rain... but I won't expect lot of passes in the game... but Our running game can be advantage because one slip and we're gone.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.