I am designing a crimson building.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
The whole concept was for it to not look like a "typical government building". We decided to use warm colors and blue glass and spandrel. Typically most government buildings use green glass and green spandrel with lots of gray concrete or brick. This building is completely modern architecture not usually my taste but I really couldn't go too crazy with it. The large curtainwall (large windows) at the second and third floors were my idea as was the entire front entrance. The precast colors were a group decision between my boss, me, and the project architect (he is handling the boring stuff no one wants to do). we had 2 different schemes and this is the one the client picked.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
The whole concept was for it to not look like a "typical government building". We decided to use warm colors and blue glass and spandrel. Typically most government buildings use green glass and green spandrel with lots of gray concrete or brick. This building is completely modern architecture not usually my taste but I really couldn't go too crazy with it. The large curtainwall (large windows) at the second and third floors were my idea as was the entire front entrance. The precast colors were a group decision between my boss, me, and the project architect (he is handling the boring stuff no one wants to do). we had 2 different schemes and this is the one the client picked.
Be neat with crimson where that grey is...

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Maybe the occupants of each office could have their rooms painted in their favorite school's colors?

Btw, for a government building, it's a nice design.
We had an interior designer for the inside. Each floor has its own color. Green for the basement, blue colors for the 1st floor, blue-green for the 2nd floor, yellow colors for the 3rd floor, and orange (puke) for the fourth. The interior designer is an Auburn grad.

Gr8hope

All-American
Nov 10, 2010
According to the client, it represents anger. I think they were thinking bright red colors though, which was never going to happen. My intent was always to have a dark color, a medium color and a light color.
I understand but don't they understand that orange causes both nausea and anger?

I picked the colors as a joke to the Auburn grads I work with. It turns out the client loves the colors. They are going on and on about the exterior colors and how they are "perfect".

One slight issue is, it is a precast building and I am not sure our precast guy can match the color. Plus, we are worried about fading and what that might look like. The white might also be an issue because it might get more of a cream color or a gray.

We just started the construction documents. I will let you guys know if the colors stay. I will also post a few renderings or actual pictures as it is built. Construction will not start until April.
Good luck on this!

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
fun fact about the day. the director of DHS introduced all the important people and introduced me as managing partner of the firm I work for. I was in back and my boss was in front (he had to give a speech), when they said they he turned and found me and gave me 2 thumbs up.

We had to give a presentation to the office to show the rest of the office what we have been working on and we changed the company logo with all the partners names to my name. All of my coworkers and bosses aren't letting it go, they have just laughed about it since. The really funny thing is one of the news stations was there so it is on tape

dayhiker

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Dec 8, 2000
Pell City, AL
fun fact about the day. the director of DHS introduced all the important people and introduced me as managing partner of the firm I work for. I was in back and my boss was in front (he had to give a speech), when they said they he turned and found me and gave me 2 thumbs up.

We had to give a presentation to the office to show the rest of the office what we have been working on and we changed the company logo with all the partners names to my name. All of my coworkers and bosses aren't letting it go, they have just laughed about it since. The really funny thing is one of the news stations was there so it is on tape
You need to get the cover sheet of the drawings and change your title to, "PIC." Print out a checkset and put it on the partner's desk and see if he notices.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
We had the topping out party today for this building. for those you that do not know what a "topping out" party is. it is when the very last piece of structure is added. everybody gets to sign the beam and we get food and celebrate the milestone. my first one, pretty cool to see.

Last edited:

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
We had the topping out party today for this building. for those you that do not know what a "topping out" party is. it is when the very last piece of structure is added. everybody gets to sign the beam and we get food and celebrate the milestone. my first one, pretty cool to see.
That is very, very cool, congrats

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.