1995 Alabama/UGA Game Highlights (20 Year Ago)

theBIGyowski

All-American
Aug 4, 2005
Cumming, GA
It's been 20 years since this game in Athens. The similarities of this team and our 2015 are very interesting. We had Burgdorf, who though talented, just didn't have it all together at this point and this was our first year after years of dominance of Barker/Palmer/et al.

If you remember the game, neither offense could do a dang thing and there were more turnovers and penalties than there were fans in the stands. In the end, our defense scored 14 points, special teams scored 10, and the offense scored 7 only after the defense forced and recovered a fumble in the red zone.

I'm hoping we can dominate on defense tomorrow the way we did 20 years ago.

Note: Kirby Smart is playing for UGA, and poor Hines Ward just got his lunch eaten by our stingy defense.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
One of the few bright spots from an otherwise disappointing season, as I recall. Stallings knew how to prepare for and beat Georgia thats for sure(we were 3-1 against them in his tenure with the one loss in 1990 being a nailbiter to the end).

mikeua69

All-American
Apr 16, 2002
Alabaster, AL
One of the few bright spots from an otherwise disappointing season, as I recall. Stallings knew how to prepare for and beat Georgia thats for sure(we were 3-1 against them in his tenure with the one loss in 1990 being a nailbiter to the end).
Franky that team should have finished with only one loss (a butt-kicking by UT). They were screwed by the refs in the other two loses (Arkansas and Auburn)

derek4tide

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2005
Daphne, AL
I was at this game. It was my last time on campus for a game (was at the 2010 Capital One Bowl in Orlando). I'll never forget how we took that game.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Franky that team should have finished with only one loss (a butt-kicking by UT). They were screwed by the refs in the other two loses (Arkansas and Auburn)
that auburn game still ticks me off. i was in a restaurant in charleston and kept having to walk into the bar to watch bits and pieces of it. i walked in right as brown caught the pass

Blindside13

All-SEC
Oct 22, 2011
Near the Barn
that auburn game still ticks me off. i was in a restaurant in charleston and kept having to walk into the bar to watch bits and pieces of it. i walked in right as brown caught the pass
I here you, I remember the ball hitting the ground before Meadows scooped it up in the Arkansas game as well.

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
That was one of the most misleading final scores I've ever seen. You would have thought that our offense was awesome. After the game was over I still could not believe we won 31-0.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
had to watch that Iron Bowl with my barner brother-in-law and his barner family. I almost walked out 8 different times. they are horrible people.

theBIGyowski

All-American
Aug 4, 2005
Cumming, GA
So this past weekend we scored on defense as well as on special teams following a blocked kick...just like the 1995 team did in Athens. The main differences were the weather and the fact that we actually put together an offense. Take away that long run by Chubb and our defense completely shut them down, just like the 1995 game.

I'm glad Coker had a better outing than Burgdorf.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.