Calvin Ridley & Amari Cooper Comparisons

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
Calvin does remind me of Amari his freshman year. Having that deep threat opened up our offense considerably in 2012 so hopefully the same thing will happen this year.

FF4bama

1st Team
Sep 13, 2012
I like it!! Between him and Mullaney our receiving corps seems to have stepped up big time!

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
Whoa! I hope lightning is about to strike twice. I will say Chris Black and D White got injured that year.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus RTR
Black & Cooper came in together. Black got hurt before the season. D White got hurt vs. Ole Miss and Coop pretty much never let go of that spot

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Ridley is sick. I remember seeing his summer workout videos - he has the talent and work ethic to be the next great Alabama receiver!

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
He and Cooper both snatch the ball out of the air. It's high praise and comparison for him, let's hope he uses it for motivation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TideWatcher

All-SEC
Dec 11, 2006
newton county, ms
Given our receivers corps right now, he might be the least expendable guy on the roster. We is a threat to the defense we need for respect, if not the big play like we saw today

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
If he works his butt off, get's in the weight room, , stays after practice with the QB to work on pass routes, and gives it every single ounce of effort he has in his body, he "might" compare with Amari in about three years. My goodness folks, he had a good game game! A great game! To start Amari comparisons already???? I don't think so...
sip

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
If he works his butt off, get's in the weight room, , stays after practice with the QB to work on pass routes, and gives it every single ounce of effort he has in his body, he "might" compare with Amari in about three years. My goodness folks, he had a good game game! A great game! To start Amari comparisons already???? I don't think so...
sip
LOL

He's off to a good start. Calm down...

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
It's impossible to be too early for the comparison.

The comparison was of both of their FIFTH games.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Wait... wait... I still think this is too early to compare him to Cooper... I'm sorry... no... not just yet.
LO, back off the ledge - no one is saying CR is what AC was his third year...

The early number are pretty interesting. AC wasn't the same in year three he was in year one, either...

Some of y'all act like we're comparing players to religious figures.

CoachJeff

Suspended
Jan 21, 2014
Shelby County Alabama
I think Mulaney is our most important WR at the moment, but Ridley will probably be our most productive. We will have a ridiculously talented WR group next fall: Stewart, Black, Ridley, Foster, Sims, Howard.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.